Motorcycle accidents are a leading cause of Traumatic Brain injuries. Even with the increasing rate of motorcycle helmet use brain injuries remain an frequent result of bike accidents. An vital goal of The Downtown LA Law Firm is to inform personal injury victims of serious injuries which may result from accidents in California. You may have a claim for compensation for serious injuries resulting from Motorbike accidents. For a free no cost consultation contact us. (855) 339-8879. Common Brain injuries include
Severe Head and Facial Injuries from Motorcycle Accidents
The majority of injuries resulting from Motorcycle accidents were to the upper and lower extremities, including burn injuries broken limbs and amputations. However the most catastrophic injuries are usually to the Spinal Cord and Brain. Such injuries result in massive hospital costs and long terms or permanent disabilities including Permanent Brain Damage, Paralysis, and Paraplegia. According to estimates an average hospital charge of motorcyclists who did not suffer head injuries was $2,300; while the average hospital bill of a motorcycle head and or facial injuries was $74,000. Many individuals are not able to pay such mounting bills and are left deal with escalating debt. If you have suffered such injuries you may be able to receive compensation from negligent parties including motorists, government entities, and non compliant insurance companies. Temporal Bone Fracture: Temporal bone fracture are a frequent injury diagnoses or victims of Motorcycle Accidents. According to statistics Vehicle accidents account for close to 45% of all such injuries. Symptoms of facial fractures can be difficult to detects and may require consultation and testing from trained specialist including otolaryngologists and or facial plastic surgeons. Common issue involved with temporal trauma include
- Hearing Loss
- Facial Nerve Injuries
- Vertigo – Including Dizziness and nausea
- Vascular Injuries
- Temporal Bone Tearing – Skull Fracture
Traumatic Brain Injuries often result from motorcycle accidents even if a motorcycle rider was wearing a helmet.
Many victims of motorcycle accidents are under the impression the motorcycle helmet use eliminates traumatic brain injuries resulting from a bike crash. Though helmet use does reduce the prevalence of brain injuries, it does not eliminate them. If you have been involved in a motorcycle accident and use a helmet during the crash you may nevertheless have suffered a brain injury. (See Most Common Symptoms of Brain Injury here) Below are some statistics which display the misconception that motorcycle helmets completely eliminated brain damage
- nearly 20 percent of non helmet accidents lead to brain damage; but 13.2 percent of helmet uses also suffered from head injuries
- 7.3 percent of non helmet riders suffered a severe Traumatic Brain Injury
- Nearly 5 percent of helmet used also suffered a severe Traumatic Brain injury
- 9.0 percent of non helmet user suffered from facial injuries
- 6.0 of helmet warring motorcyclists also suffered from facial injuries
Compensation for your motorcycle injuries – How much can I recover for my injuries
The monetary compensation for an injury is based on several factors that will be determined through thorough analysis of your injuries and a future medical needs. Many times it really comes down to the individual. If you fight for your health and live an active life, you will have a greater probability of recovery.
Your doctor or neurologist can probably give you a good indication of the severity of your injuries and whether long term or permanent damage has taken place. Compensation is often base on your
- Medical Expenses: Medical expenses include all medical bills and costs
- Future Medical Expenses: Unfortunately, the effects of a car accident can often be felt for months, years, or even a lifetime after the injury occurred.
- Lost Wages: After an accident, you are entitled to any income you lost.
- Loss of Earning Capacity: In addition to current lost wages, victims of brain injuries are eligible to receive compensation for future lost wages.
- Pain and Suffering: Including Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome, Anxiety and depression resulting from your brain injury
- Permanence of your injury: Often time brain injuries are irreversible leading to permanent lifelong disabilities which may require rehabilitation and long term care.
Selecting the Right Legal Representation for your Motorcycle Injury Lawsuit
It is important for your attorney understands the extent of your Brain Injury and employs the proper experts to determine the extent of your injuries and the compensation you are owed.
Downtown LA Law Group
: We are a full service plaintiff’s law firm. We are compassionate litigators fighting for the rights of our clients. Our attorneys can help with your case. Contact us today for a free case evaluation or a second opinion.
: It is crucial to act quickly before any limitations can lower or extinguish your rightful claim. Call us for a free consultation with one of our attorneys regarding your claim: (855) 339-8879