There are millions of accidents each year of numerous varieties. Many people elect to not take legal action after these accidents, but by doing so, they may find themselves in debt or unable to reliably make ends meet because of injuries. It is important that victims of accidents be aware that there is legal help available in pursuit of financial compensation. At the Downtown LA Law Group, we have a team of expert personal injury lawyers who can handle your claim for you and will work around the clock to secure you every penny you deserve in compensation. If you are in need of Huntington Park personal injury lawyers, you do not need to look any further than our firm.
Common Reasons for Personal Injury Claims
There are many different accidents and incidents that can happen that would warrant you to take legal action and pursue financial compensation. If you were hurt because of another party’s negligence, we recommend speaking with a lawyer to take steps to sue for damages. You may not even be aware that you could rightfully and legally sue. Some of the personal injury claims that are usually filed include:
- Slip and fall cases where customers or civilians fall, whether on discarded merchandise, slippery sidewalks, torn carpeting, broken stairs, wet floors, and much more
- Dog bites that occur because owners allowed their dogs to roam without a leash or because the dog was not properly fenced or caged on property
- Bed bug infestations in apartment buildings and hotels or motels
- Assault and battery incidents, which can also include sexual harassment and verbal assault
- Any type of automobile crash involving cars, trucks, buses, and more
- Medical malpractice errors carried out by hospital staff, nurses, doctors, surgeons, pharmacists, and more
- Dangerous drug and healthcare cases
- Product liability incidents wherein items and consumer goods malfunctioned or were defective
- Accidents involving bicycles, pedestrians, scooters, and more
If you are hurt because of the careless actions of another individual, contact our firm to determine if you have a case. We’ll help you file a claim and take the necessary legal action to get the money you deserve.
Common Injuries from Accidents
Many accidents result in a lot of the same injuries, although the severity of the damages can change. For example, a car accident may result in some of the most extensive harm to the body, but you could be equally as permanently damaged from a fall from a great height. We have handled cases where clients have been injured in the following manners:
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Closed head injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Nerve damage
- Torn muscles and ligaments
- Knee injuries (ACL, MCL, LCL)
- Hip damage
- Crushing injuries
- Puncture wounds and lacerations
- Bruises, cuts, and abrasions
- Neck injuries
- Spinal cord injuries and disc trouble
- Paraplegia, quadriplegia, and partial paralysis of body parts
- Severed limbs and digits
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form or call (888) 649-7166 today.
Call our law firm at (888) 649-7166 for more help if you have been injured in an accident. We will see to it that you are fairly compensated for your damages. We can connect you with an adequate doctor who can give you the best treatment available. Our Huntington Park personal injury attorneys will stop at nothing to make sure you are healthy, and we will handle your case for you from start to finish.
Legal Details for Your Case
Often, it can be confusing to understand the legal aspect of a personal injury claim. In order to file such a lawsuit, you must be able to show that you were a victim of negligence. That means proving that you were owed a duty of care that was breached by the responsible party, and that the breach of duty caused an accident that led to your injuries. If you were not physically harmed in the accident or incident, you won’t be able to pursue a personal injury lawsuit. The cases that have seen the most success have had ample evidence gathered from the start. We implore all victims to follow these steps to have the best chance of winning:
- Get medical treatment as quickly as possible
- Take as many photographs as you can of your injuries, the scene of the incident, the responsible party, vehicles, rooms, products, and anything else that is related to the case
- Interview witnesses who saw the incident occur
- Retain all notes, documents, receipts, credit card statements, and more that can bolster your claim
- Request a copy of the police report if possible
- Record the contact information and insurance details of the responsible party
- File an incident report with the company if possible
If you have any other questions, you should always get in touch with a lawyer who can help you. You may find it difficult to handle a lawsuit by yourself, and our Huntington Park personal injury lawyers are well equipped to win you what you deserve.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form to get started now.
Restitution from a Personal Injury Claim
You can earn different types of compensation if you successfully win your personal injury lawsuit. The responsible party will cover damages and expenses that racked up due to the accident. If you want the maximum compensation available, you will likely need the assistance of a skilled attorney with experience in civil law. Our Huntington Park personal injury lawyers will make sure to bring you the following:
- Coverage of medical expenses, including surgery costs, hospitalization fees, medication, physical therapy sessions, and future medical procedures
- Reimbursement of lost wages from absent days at work, as well as future lost wages if you must take additional time off for your injuries, to recover, or to undergo other medical treatments
- Coverage for damaged property, lost belongings, broken items, and more
- Pain and suffering damages, such as emotional scarring, psychological trauma, PTSD, anxiety, fear, and more
You may also be able to receive punitive damages if the responsible party were particularly negligent or if he intended to harm you in the incident. These damages are purely monetary and intended to punish the defendant; as a result, they are often viewed as excessive, so only a skilled attorney will be able to win them for your case. In the tragic event that a loved one passes away in the incident, you could sue for wrongful death damages, such as funeral and burial fees, loss of consortium, loss of expected inheritance and savings, pre-death medical bills and pain and suffering, and more. Your case may also result in specific damages, such as coverage for an exterminator. Talk with one of our personal injury lawyers in Huntington Park for more information.
Statute of Limitations for Your Lawsuit
There is a set amount of time during which you can take legal action for damages suffered in an accident. If you do not file a lawsuit within this time limit, you will be prevented from doing so in the future. California law dictates that you must file a claim no later than two years from the date of the injury. Although two years seems like a long time, it can fly by if you do not focus on the lawsuit or if you are constantly searching and fighting for evidence. There are some exceptions to this two-year rule. If you were under the age of 18 at the time of the incident, you would not have to adhere to the statute f limitations until you turned legal age. If you were severely injured in the incident and could not reliably file a claim due to compromised mental or physical health, your statute would be temporarily put off until you returned to normal. The defendant also must be present if you file a claim; if he is not in the state or if he has left the country, the statute would freeze until he returned, at which point it would resume. You may also have a naturally longer statute of limitations if you have a special case. For instance, medical malpractice cases are more fluid with their statutes of limitations; if a foreign object were left in your body during surgery, you could sue for damages as late as you want – there is no deadline. We recommend talking with an expert personal injury attorney in Huntington Park to figure out your exact deadlines so you do not miss anything at all. We will gladly file your claim for you – you won’t have to worry about documents not being submitted on time or not being considered because the statute of limitations expired.
To speak with a Huntington Park personal injury lawyers, call (888) 649-7166.
The Top-Rated Firm in Town
The Downtown LA Law Group has been consistently rated as one of the best law firms available in the area. Our Huntington Park personal injury attorneys can litigate your case for you and negotiate the fairest settlement from the insurance agency. We will aggressively pursue your rightful compensation, and if the insurance agent is being too stubborn or refuses to work with us, we will present your case to a judge and jury in court. Our goal is to win you every cent you deserve and ensure that your health and financial standing are preserved. Reach out to our offices today to speak with a lawyer for a free legal consultation. You can ask us any questions you want and we will tell you what we believe we can win for you in your case. All consultations are confidential; none of your case information or private details will leave our offices. If you hire us, we’ll also promise you that you will not touch your own savings throughout the case, thanks to our zero fee guarantee. We will only have our expenses covered if we win, and the fees will be taken out of the settlement or verdict from the insurance company. A loss means we don’t get paid any money whatsoever. Let our Huntington Park personal injury attorneys handle your claim – contact the Downtown LA Law Firm today.