Personal Injury Areas We HandleOur clients have come to us with various types of cases. We understand that every case is different, and some situations require a greater understanding of a portion of the law than others do. You will be given the best treatment possible if you come to our firm, and we can handle your case no matter what the variety. Examples include:
- Bed bug infestations: Some apartment owners, landlords, hotel managers, and hospitality managers will not properly clean the homes and dwellings or make them fit for human occupation. They may also have vermin, rats, roaches, and other creatures present in the quarters. Victims may sustain bites, infections, allergic reactions, and more.
- Medical malpractice: Nurses, doctors, health care professionals, and others may hurt you or a loved one in hospitals, nursing homes, and other facilities. They may misdiagnose you, miss a diagnosis, prescribe the wrong medication, mistakenly amputate a limb, leave an object inside your body during surgery, and much more.
- Automobile accidents: You may be hit by a truck, car, bus, motorcycle, or other vehicle in a rear-end collision, head-on crash, sideswipe, T-bone, and much more. These crashes can be fatal in some cases, and they are among the leading cause of injuries in the country. You may suffer spinal cord injuries, paralysis, concussions, internal organ damage, broken bones, and much more.
- Alternative vehicle accidents: You could be hit by bicycles, scooters, and more, or even simply be walking down the street when you’re hit as a pedestrian. It is likely that you will suffer worse injuries than a car crash because of the lack of protection. You may get nerve damage, torn muscles, crushing injuries, paraplegia and quadriplegia, and other types of injuries.
- Premises liability: You may slip and fall on defective sidewalks, stairwells, and slippery floors, or you may be struck by a falling tree branch or a loose piece of roofing. These accidents can lead to knee and hip injuries, sprains, dislocations, and more. Property owners are generally responsible for maintaining their areas and must take care to not have any dangers present that could potentially harm visitors.
- Product liability: Some products may malfunction or have defects that could cause damages like burns, scarring, puncture wounds, and more. The products could be small, such as blenders and hiking boots, or they could be large, like hot water heaters and automobiles. The degree of injuries is a large scale, and the company or manufacturer may be held responsible for all ensuing damages.
- Assault and battery: Individuals who verbally assault you or physically harm you in a fight, during a robbery, while drunk, and in other situations can be held responsible. Some of these people may use weapons, which can lead to lacerations, slashes, blood loss, bruising, abrasions, and more.
- Dog bites: A dog that is off its leash, roaming in a yard with no fence, or is trained but unbalanced can bite people with seemingly no notice or trigger. The dogs may view someone as a threat when he isn’t an actual threat at all. Dog owners in California are strictly liable for the actions of their dogs, meaning that any bites are immediately fully tried. There is no “one bite law” as seen in other states.
Learn more about your options for compensation by calling (213) 389-3765.If you have been involved in any of these types of incidents or many more, feel free to reach out to our Rialto personal injury lawyers. We will get you started on your case and will make sure that you’re given the compensation you need. Our attorneys have access to experts in every field, and our extensive background and experience will greatly benefit your case.
Personal Injury Lawsuit DetailsTo file a personal injury lawsuit, you must be able to show that you were the victim of negligence. Negligence-based claims have four points that must be met in order to be successful. These points are as follows:
- You were owed a duty of care by the responsible party
- The duty of care was breached in some way
- The breach of duty led to an accident or incident
- The incident led to physical injuries
Find out more about how we can help you. CHAT LIVE with a representative now.If you are unable to prove all four points, your claim will fall apart. For example, if you were not physically hurt, you won’t be able to collect certain forms of compensation and won’t be able to file a personal injury claim at all. Instead, you will have to pursue a claim for property damage or lost wages, both of which are generally much less expensive than medical bills and can usually be handled by yourself without legal assistance. To establish the best basis for your claim, you should have the following pieces of evidence from the accident:
- Photos of your injuries
- Proof of medical treatment
- Important documents showing payment, occupation, rental, leasing, or others
- Pictures of the scene of the incident
- Surveillance footage or security videos
- Eyewitness testimony and statements from onlookers and bystanders
- Hard evidence, such as items that broke
- A police report if there was an investigation
- Insurance information and contact details of the responsible party
- Photos of the damage to any of your belongings
- Copy of the incident report if the occurrence happened at a business
Earnings From A Personal Injury ClaimYour lawsuit may be worth anywhere from $20,000 to over $1,000,000 if the circumstances are right. You could have a fair amount of compensation come your way if you were severely injured or if you were a victim of gross negligence. Our team of Rialto personal injury attorneys will strive to net you the maximum restitution available under the law. You may be able to have the following damages paid for by the insurance agency:
- Medical expenses from the past and future, including surgery, hospitalization, medication, physical therapy and rehabilitation, and more
- Lost wages and missed income
- Broken or lost property and items
- Pain and suffering, including anxiety, PTSD, fear, emotional trauma, and more
- Additional fees to cover extermination, handicap access, vacation reimbursement, and other expenses that may have popped up during the incident
- Punitive damages, which are additional forms of monetary funds to punish the defendant, but they are often seen as harsh and excessive, so only a talented lawyer will be able to win them
- Wrongful death damages in the event a family member or loved one died, which may include funeral and burial fees, casket or coffin costs, pre-death medical bills, pre-death pain and suffering, loss of consortium and relations, loss of expected inheritance and savings, loss of income, loss of pension and benefits, and more
The Top-Rated Law Group For Your CaseOur law firm, the Downtown LA Law Group, is well versed in personal injury cases. We have recovered millions of dollars for our clients and have been at the top of the list of most highly rated attorneys in the area. Our lawyers are aggressive and will pursue your rightful compensation constantly, and we are empathetic to all of our clients. We know how troubling it can be to be in an accident or to suffer damages at the hands of other parties.
Learn more about your options for compensation by calling (213) 389-3765.Reach out to our firm for a free legal consultation. You can ask us anything you wish in the call and we’ll tell you what we believe your case is worth. We’ll also help you understand the legal process and will give you any legal advice you need. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Hiring us also guarantees that you won’t pay a dime of your own finances on legal costs thanks to our zero fee guarantee. We will only get paid if we win and the insurance company will cover the costs; if we lose, we don’t get any money and you won’t owe us for our services. For the best legal representation available, contact our Rialto personal injury lawyers at the Downtown LA Law Group.