Highland Personal Injury Attorneys
Our law firm, the Downtown LA Law Group, handles myriad personal injury lawsuits every month. We have a team of experienced attorneys who dedicate themselves to your claim and will not stop pursuing your rightful compensation until we are satisfied. Many individuals are confused or inexperienced when it comes to personal injury lawsuits, and we are here to help.
Types of Personal Injury Cases
Injuries that come about as a result of another party’s negligence can be used as grounds for a personal injury claim. You may be hurt in many different ways, whether as a customer or as a civilian. Our clients often call us at (855) 339-8879 with cases like these:
- Dog bites
- Hotel injuries
- Bed bug and vermin infestations
- Slip and fall and trip and fall accidents
- Medical malpractice and hospital injuries
- Pharmaceutical and prescription drug cases
- Construction accidents
- Automobile accidents
- Bike and scooter crashes
- Pedestrian injuries
- Assault and battery
- Sexual assault
- Product liability
If you are unsure whether or not you have a case after suffering an injury, call our Highland personal injury attorneys at (855) 339-8879for more help.
Learn more about your options for compensation by calling (855) 339-8879.
What To Do After An Accident
If you were involved in any kind of incident wherein you were injured, it is crucial that you follow a procedure to have the best chance of success with your claim. Some cases may require extra steps; for example, you should hold on to a copy of your lease if you were involved in a bed bug infestation. Regardless, make sure to complete the following:
- Get medical attention as quickly as you can to assess the damage and get treated for any injuries. If you wait too long between the incident and the treatment, the insurance agent can look at your case and claim that you were hurt elsewhere. If you feel that you were not severely hurt, you should still get treated anyway. Some scenarios involve you being overwhelmed by adrenaline and not feeling the current pain, while others can cause extensive damage that is unknown at the time unless a professional looks for it.
- Take photos of your injuries so you can show the extent to which you were hurt.
- Take photographs of other evidence, like the scene of the accident or where the incident happened, what contributed to the accident, and more.
- Keep receipts, documents, statements, and more if there was any monetary transaction, referral, promise, etc.
- Ask for statements and testimonies by any witnesses who saw the incident occur.
- If the police were involved, get a copy of the police report from the station.
- Take down the personal information and insurance details of the responsible party.
- Contact a personal injury lawyer in Highland who can help you with your claim. You may not have the legal experience necessary to handle your case, and it is highly recommended that you seek representation.
Personal Injury Lawsuit Compensation
By filing a personal injury claim, you can receive different types of compensation for your damages. You should pursue full coverage for these expenses, and we will help make sure you are not left with any debts whatsoever. Our team of Highland personal injury attorneys will strive to secure you the maximum compensation available for your case. Some of the forms of restitution you can receive include:
- Medical bills and expenses from surgery, hospitalization, anesthesiologist, specialists, future medical procedures, medication and prescriptions, physical therapy sessions and rehabilitation classes, and more
- Property damage for any personal items or belongings that were lost, damaged, or broken in the accident
- Lost wages from time you could not go to work because of your injuries, as well as future lost income because of medical treatment or recovery time
- Pain and suffering damages for anxiety, PTSD, fear, psychological suffering, mental trauma, emotional scarring, and more
Get started today by calling (855) 339-8879.
There are also punitive damages available if you were intentionally harmed by the defendant or if he acted with gross negligence and a disregard for human life. These damages are simply additional payments meant to punish the defendant in lieu of jail time, as civil cases do not result in defendants going to prison. These damages are often viewed as excessive or unnecessary, though, and judges and juries seldom award them. Thus, only a skilled attorney with ample experience will be able to acquire them for your case. Further, you may have had a family member or loved one pass away in the accident or incident. This can result in a wrongful death case that will allow you to collect additional damages. The funeral and burial costs can be covered, as well as the loss of expected inheritance and savings, compensation for the medical bills and pain and suffering that occurred prior to the death, loss of consortium and relations, and more. Contact our personal injury attorneys in Highland for more details on what you may be able to earn for your case.
Determining the Value of Your Claim
The value of your case is determined by many different factors. The insurance agent will consider these factors and come up with a settlement offer. There is no calculator that allows you to input your damages and have a round number returned to you. The insurance agent will look at how severe and extensive your injuries were, as well as how much of an impact they had on your daily life and career. If they were particularly damaging and prevented you from returning to work for some time or permanently altered your career abilities and how you function on a daily basis, your settlement offer would likely be rather high. If you only suffered minor injuries that quickly healed and did not leave a lasting effect, your settlement offer would reflect that. In addition to your injuries, the insurance agent will consider the amount of wages you lost, your age, your career, and how much of the accident could be assigned to your fault or negligence. If you did not contribute to the accident in any way – for example, if you were at a red light when someone rear-ended you due to speeding – you would be found 0% at fault and could receive a full settlement. However, if you were driving a car with known defects, you may be held partially responsible. Each case is different, and what may motivate one insurance agent to raise the value of your case may cause another to decrease it. Your best bet is to speak with a personal injury attorney in Highland to receive the best legal representation possible. We can negotiate the fairest deal for you and make sure you are not being led astray by the insurance agent or that you are not being mistreated or given a purposely low offer.
Statute of Limitations for Your Lawsuit
You only have 2 years from the date of the injury in the accident to file a lawsuit against the responsible party. Waiting too long will cause your claim to be invalid and you will not have the chance to take action thereafter. Take note that the statute is valid from the date of your injury. This means that a delayed injury from the accident will technically extend the statute months past the anniversary or date of the incident itself. The statute of limitations exists so that claims can get handled efficiently and do not take years to come to light. If they take too long, your evidence will become harder to sift through – a lot of it may get corrupted or get lost, which can cause claims to fall apart. There will be little to go on, and it will not be fair to either party to make a decision based on that information. In some cases, the statute of limitations can be further extended. A few reasons include:
- Country enters a period of war and the defendant or plaintiff serves
- Age of the plaintiff is below 18, so the statute would not be enacted until he turns legal age
- Plaintiff is left mentally or physically incapable of taking legal action; the statute would resume once he returns to functioning health or presence of mind
- The case has a unique statute of limitations (most often seen in medical malpractice cases)
To accurately determine the amount of time you have left to file a personal injury lawsuit, it is recommended that you get legal representation. Our personal injury attorneys in Highland can help you figure out the time remaining on your lawsuit.
Find out more about how we can help you. Call (855) 339-8879 to speak with a representative now.
DTLA and You
The Downtown LA Law Group is the premier law firm in the area to handle your personal injury lawsuit. We are tried and tested attorneys and we will aggressively pursue every cent you deserve. If we have to take your case to court to prove that you are the rightful recipient of a worthwhile settlement from the insurance company, we are willing to do so. Reach out to our firm for a free legal consultation with an expert lawyer. If you have queries or concerns, we’ll address them for you. We encourage you to ask us anything you wish, as we believe that all clients should be adequately informed and knowledgeable about their cases. We are available around the clock and will always take your call. If you hire us to handle your claim, we’ll give you our zero fee guarantee. This promises that we won’t get paid unless and until we win your case, and the legal fees will come out of the settlement we bring you. If we lose, we do not collect any expenses at all. No matter what, you do not touch your own savings and finances throughout the legal process. Call< our Highland personal injury lawyers at (855) 339-8879 for the next step in your lawsuit.
Over $500 Million Recovered
for Our Clients
YOU Deserve the Best
Free Case Review 24/7
You Don’t Pay unless we win
By submitting this form, you agree to receive telephone calls and text messages at anytime, which include hours outside of business hours (8:00 am PST – 9:00 pm PST). This is so that we may reach you as soon as possible in order to consult on your potential case.
– Santa Clarita Personal Injury Lawyers
– Santa Barbara Personal Injury Attorneys
– Santa Maria Personal Injury Attorneys
– Redondo Beach Personal Injury Attorneys
– Rialto Personal Injury Attorneys
– San Marcos personal injury attorneys
– Rancho Cucamonga Personal Injury Lawyers
– Pomona Personal Injury Attorneys
– Redlands Personal Injury Lawyers
– Ontario personal injury lawyers
– Lake Elsinore Personal Injury Attorneys
– La Habra Personal Injury Lawyers
– Lakewood Personal Injury Lawyers
– Indio personal injury lawyers
– Irvine personal injury attorneys
– Glendale personal injury attorneys
– Highland personal injury attorneys
– Huntington Park personal injury lawyers
– Corona personal injury lawyers
– El Cajon personal injury attorneys
– Costa Mesa personal injury attorneys
– Compton personal injury lawyers
– Chino Personal Injury Attorneys
– Chula Vista Personal Injury Attorneys
– Baldwin Park Personal Injury Attorneys
– Bellflower Personal Injury Lawyers
– Anaheim personal injury lawyers
– Prisoner Personal Injury Attorney
Free Case Review 24/7