Defective Pharmaceutical Drugs and Unsafe Drugs Side Effects Lawsuit Lawyer
Pharmaceutical drugs are big business. Drug companies rake in hundreds of billions of dollars a year in sales for drugs promising to cure a myriad of ailments. However, the truth of the matter is that increased profits and corporate greed has led many drug manufacturers to introduce pills into the market that often create a greater danger than they resolve. In fact, according to a recent report by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), for the first time in history, unsafe drugs have surpassed automobile accidents as the leading cause of death from injury in the United States. In 2008 alone (the most recent study) over forty-one thousand deaths occurred as a result of drug poisoning, an increase of 600% from only 3 decades earlier. Many more suffer serious injuries as a result of these prescription drugs. These deaths and serious injuries are often the result of pharmaceutical companies placing drugs on the market that they know are unsafe. Other times, these giant corporations ignore potential pitfalls, or simply fail to sufficiently test their pills for potentially dangerous side effects. Downtown L.A. Law Group is a premier personal injury firm that dedicates a team of skilled attorneys to find how these drug companies were negligent in order to maximize the recovery amount.
Who is Liable for Defective Drugs – Prescription Drug Side Effects Claims
Deaths and serious injuries resulting from defective drugs are everyone’s responsibility. If you or a loved one has suffered from an unsafe drug, our lawyers will demand liability from all those involved, including:
- Pharmaceutical Manufacturers
- Vendors such as pharmacies and drug stores
- Research and development (R + D) companies that create the defective drugs
- Medical professionals who negligently prescribe defective drugs
- Doctors who lend credence to misleading studies
What if the Drug was Approved by the FDA
All drugs must be approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration before it can be introduced to the public. However, approval by the FDA does not indicate that a drug is safe for consumption. In fact, often times severe consequences and side effects of drugs are not ascertained until way after the drug has been sold to the public. Other times, FDA approved unsafe drugs are introduced to the market because:
- Both the FDA and the pharmaceutical manufacturers fail to sufficiently test drugs for their harmful side effects.
- Research flaws and errors of data
- In very egregious situations, drug companies may hide or manipulate data or damaging evidence in order to introduce defective drugs into the marketplace.
- False advertising. This often occurs when pharmaceutical companies market drugs as “safe” or clinically proven
Call (213) 389-3765 to schedule a free legal consultation.
Most Dangerous Prescription Drugs in the United States
Our law firm can handle all types of dangerous drug lawsuits, but time and again, several drugs continually persist as the most dangerous. Interestingly, opioid analgesics, most commonly known as pain killers constitute forty percent of all drug poisoning deaths, a number that has risen significantly over the decades. The most dangerous prescription drugs, based on emergency room visits, are:
- OxyContin (opioid analgesic)
- Vicodin (opioid analgesic)
- Methadone (opioid analgesic)
- Klonopin – Used to control certain types of seizures, but also used to control panic attacks.
- Morphine (opioid analgesic)
- Seroquel- Used to treat schizophrenia
- Ambien – Intended to treat insomnia
- Valium – Treat anxiety, muscle spasms and to control seizures
- Xanax (opioid analgesic)
- Chantix (Used to treat nicotine addiction)
- Yaz (Drospirenone/Ethinyl Estradiol) – And other Birth Control Medications Including Beyaz
- Lexapro – And other SSRI Antidepressants
- Januvia Diabetes Medication
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form or call (213) 389-3765 today.
As you will notice, pain killers comprise most of the list of dangerous drugs. Also of note are the types of drugs that are most dangerous, which are: Pain Killers: Xanax, Oxycontin and Vicodin Prednisone: Often called cortisone, usually used to treat poison ivy. Chemotherapy drugs Cholesterol Lowering Drugs: Examples include Mevacor, Zocor and Pravachol Blood Thinners: Major culprits such as Coumadin or Warfarin can cause severe bleeding even from minor scars. Anti-Depressants: Drugs such as Prozac regulate fluids in the brain that influence mood, anxiety and sleep. These drugs often permanently alter these fluids, such as serotonin, and may cause akathasia. Akathasia is a condition of constant agitation, and can lead to suicide or aggressive behavior. ADD/ADHD Drugs: Prescription drugs include Adderall, Ritalin, Cylert and Dexadrin Diabetic Drugs: Type II diabetes, the most common form of diabetes, and the drugs (Micronase, Glucotrol and Tolinase) are usually taken orally. Beta Blockers: A type of Drug prescribe to lower blood pressure and side effects include loss of libido, impotence and cardiac failure. Arthritis Drugs: Arthritis has commonly been treated using non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS) including Motrin and Celebrex.
Dangerous Drug Attorneys at the Downtown L.A. Law Group
Fighting large corporations is difficult. Even when drug companies know they have introduced an unsafe or defective drug, they will fight fervently in order to protect their name and their profits. You and your loved one will require a skilled and aggressive team of lawyers to combat the ruthless drug companies. We understand the complexities of drug lawsuits and will place a team of attorneys in order to devise a winning legal strategy for your claim.
Call for a free consultation to learn more about your legal rights (855)385-2529
Over $500 Million Recovered
for Our Clients
YOU Deserve the Best
Free Case Review 24/7
You Don’t Pay unless we win
By submitting this form, you agree to receive telephone calls and text messages at anytime, which include hours outside of business hours (8:00 am PST – 9:00 pm PST). This is so that we may reach you as soon as possible in order to consult on your potential case.
The Ultimate Guide to Medical Malpractice
– Medical Malpractice Attorney
– Dental Malpractice Attorney
– Obstetrician Negligence Lawsuit
– Liposuction Malpractice Lawyer
– Cochlear Implant Defects
– Plastic Surgery Medical Malpractice
– Podiatrist Malpractice Attorney
– Dermatologist Malpractice
– Nursing Home Medical Malpractice
– C-Section Malpractice Attorney
– Transvaginal Mesh Attorney
Free Case Review 24/7