Victims of accidents should take appropriate legal action to secure their rightful compensation if they were injured. We will do all we can to win you the damages you deserve. Our team of personal injury attorneys in Rancho Cucamonga
has spent years handling claims based on negligence and have won millions for our clients. The Downtown LA Law Group
can provide you with the best representation available for your claim.
What Are Some Personal Injury Lawsuits?
You can file a personal injury lawsuit if you were involved in an incident with someone that owed you a duty of care that was breached, which led to an incident that caused physical injuries. Some of the forms of personal injury lawsuits
we handle include:
These claims can be filed against the liable parties. You may be able to target someone for being partially responsible, such as a company that did not properly package an item or a bar that did not cut off an obviously intoxicated and aggressive patron.
Our team of personal injury attorneys in Rancho Cucamonga
will gladly put in the work to secure you the compensation you deserve. We’ll make sure that you are treated fairly and that the insurance agency covers your expenses.
Learn more about your options for compensation by calling (888) 649-7166.
What Kind Of Injuries Can I Suffer In Accidents?
The type of accident you are involved in will greatly determine the type of injuries you suffer. For example, it is extremely unlikely that you will get bed bug bites if you were in a truck accident, and it is equally unlikely that you’ll suffer whiplash if you were in a hotel that was infested with vermin.
We have seen many different injuries, though, and the severity will play a large part in your lawsuit. Our clients have been afflicted by the following:
- Broken bones
- Wrongful surgery
- Internal organ damage
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Severed limbs
- Neck and spinal cord damage
- Knee and hip injuries
- Nerve damage
- Paraplegia and quadriplegia
No matter what kind of injuries you suffer, our personal injury attorneys in Rancho Cucamonga will be available to help you. We know that it can be troublesome to take legal action, especially if you were hurt. Often, the stress of the lawsuit can worsen your condition or delay your recovery time. We promise to work around the clock to bring you the compensation you deserve for your injuries while you focus on what’s important: recovering and returning to your life.
Find out more about how we can help you. Call (888) 649-7166 to speak with a representative now.
What Steps Can I Take After An Accident?
There are many different kinds of incidents that can befall you, but you should always make sure to do everything you can to stay free from further harm and to gather as much evidence as possible. Sometimes, it will be difficult to gather proof; for example, if you were severely injured in a slip and fall accident, you may be rushed to the hospital and not have the ability to prove that there was a defect on the stairs. The company could easily repair the stairs and act like there was no such malfunction.
Here are the steps you should take after an incident:
- Get medical treatment at once
- Take pictures of everything you can, including your injuries, property damage, defects, and more
- Print out receipts, bank statements, purchase records, and more
- File an incident report
- Request surveillance footage from the company or business where the accident happened
- Interview eyewitnesses for their statements on what happened in the incident
- Request a copy of the police report if there were an investigation
If you are uncertain of what to do after an accident, get in touch with our Rancho Cucamonga personal injury attorneys. We will gladly walk you through the process and will tell you what evidence you should be sure to gather. In the event that you need us to collect your evidence, we will diligently do so and will leave no stone unturned.
How Do I Determine The Worth Of My Lawsuit?
Every accident is different, even though many feature the same or similar damages. For example, there are many instances of rear-end collision automobile accidents that result in whiplash, but not every case will feature the same amount of compensation. There are many different factors that go into determining the value of a claim; the insurance agent will consider them and then make an offer.
He will first and foremost look at the injuries you suffered and see how severe they were and how much of an impact they had on your life and career. If you suffered great alterations, such as becoming handicapped and entering assisted living, your case worth would likely be much more than if you only suffered a broken ankle and could return to full mobility in a few weeks.
The insurance agent will also consider your level of liability for the accident, or how much of it can be attributed to you. If you were negligent in some way, you may see a reduction in the amount you are offered.
Once the agent has made an offer, our Rancho Cucamonga personal injury attorneys will work to negotiate a fair deal. Insurance agents tend to do all they can to not pay out claims and make small offers that they will not lose a lot of money on.
To speak with a Rancho Cucamonga Personal Injury Lawyers call (888) 649-7166.
What Kind Of Expenses Can A Personal Injury Lawsuit Cover?
A personal injury lawsuit can result in financial compensation for the numerous expenses that racked up after an accident or incident. You can have your debts paid off by the responsible party’s insurance company if you take appropriate legal action. It is unfair to expect victims of accidents to be riddled with debt. Some of the forms of compensation you can receive include:
- Medical bills (surgery, hospitalization, ambulatory transportation, medication and prescription drugs, physical therapy and rehabilitation, and future medical treatments)
- Property damage (lost items, broken electronics, damaged vehicle, and more)
- Missed income from your job from the past and future
- Pain and suffering (PTSD, fear, anxiety, mental trauma, psychological stress)
- Wrongful death expenses (funeral and burial costs, pre-death medical bills, pre-death pain and suffering, loss of consortium, loss of relations, loss of expected savings, loss of inheritance)
- Punitive damages (handed out when the defendant tried to harm you or acted with excessive negligence)
We can ensure that you are properly compensated for your damages. Our Rancho Cucamonga personal injury lawyers are among the best in town and will not stop pursuing your worthwhile damages until you are satisfied with the results.
What Is The Statute Of Limitations For My Claim?
The statute of limitations for personal injury claims is 2 years from the date of the injury. This is true of most claims; however, you may be able to have the statute temporarily extended. The most common reasons for an extension include the following:
- Age: Minors under the age of 18 cannot file a lawsuit by themselves. They can wait until they turn legal age – and in doing so, the statute of limitations would start on their birthdays.
- Mental or physical state: An accident could very well leave a victim incapacitated with no ability to sue. He may be in a coma or in a state of mental breakdown. Once he returns to health, the statute would begin.
- Defendant’s location: The defendant of your claim must be present in the state; if he is not, the statute would be suspended until he returns.
- Medical malpractice: Victims of medical malpractice must file a claim 1 year after the discovery of the injury or 3 years after the injury itself, whichever comes first. The statute is erased if the victim suffered a foreign object left behind in the body during a surgical procedure.
- Government claims: If you wish to sue a government entity, the statute of limitations will be greatly reduced. You may only have 90 days in some situations to sue.
It is highly recommended that you contact
one of our Rancho Cucamonga personal injury attorneys at once after sustaining an injury. You should be certain of how much time you have left to sue and whether or not you are in danger of missing a deadline.
If you wish, we will handle your case for you and file all your documents on your behalf. We will never come in danger of missing any important dates.
Why Select Our Firm
The Downtown LA Law Group
stands by our clients. We will dedicate ourselves to your claim and ensure that you are adequately compensated for your damages. We are an empathetic group of lawyers and we can be reached 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We will always update you on the status of your case and will aggressively pursue your rightful restitution, even if it means going to court to present your case in front of a judge and jury.
For a free legal consultation, get in touch with our offices
today. We will help you understand the claim process and will answer any questions you have. If you wish to hire us, we’ll give you our zero fee guarantee, which will prevent you from paying for any legal fees from start to finish. We won’t get paid unless and until we win, and the insurance company will cover the costs. If we lose, you do not owe us for our services.
Don’t hesitate to call (888) 649-7166
the Downtown LA Law Group
to speak with one of our personal injury attorneys in Rancho Cucamonga