What Are Some Common Reasons To File A Personal Injury Claim?We recommend filing a personal injury claim if you were hurt due to the negligent action of another entity. You may not have been doing anything particularly dangerous or risky and you easily could have been involved in an incident of some kind. It is not uncommon to suffer injuries after someone else is reckless or careless. You should always consider filing a personal injury claim if you were severely injured because of negligence, as the damages and expenses could be quite expensive.
- Medical malpractice
- Dog bites
- Bed bug infestations
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle crashes
- Pedestrian accidents
- Slip and fall and trip and fall cases
- Assault and battery
- Sexual assault
- Product liability
- Premises liability
- Dangerous drug claims
- Medical malpractice: If you have been injured as a result of negligent action by a nurse, doctor, or other healthcare professional, you could have a medical malpractice claim. Accidents can happen in hospitals, care centers, nursing homes, and more. about 1 in 5 personal injury claims are based on medical malpractice.
- Slip and fall: you may slip and fall in any location, whether it is a restaurant, a friend’s home, an apartment building, or a sidewalk in public. The causes could be numerous, from broken sidewalks to cast-aside debris. No matter what the reason, you should make sure that you are fairly compensated for your damages.
- Car accidents: Car accidents make the up the majority of personal injury claims, roughly 40%. Given that there are millions of car crashes each year, it is no surprise that many people pursue legal action after incidents. You could be struck by a vehicle, a truck, a motorcycle, and more, and you may have to go through a long, troublesome process if you are dealing with an insurance agent for a car accident lawsuit.
- Dog bites: There are many dog owners who let their dogs walk without leashes or let them roam around the park. This is careless behavior, as dogs may sometimes lash out at what they perceive to be threats, resulting in serious injuries.
- Bed bug infestations: Bed bugs can easily wreak havoc on your life and home. They are most often seen at hotels and motels and can evade eradication for months. You may even find them in your apartment I you just moved in. it is important to get compensation to cover all the unnecessary expenses that result from such a trauma.
- Product liability: Fewer than 10% of personal injury claims are filed against companies that have defective or malfunctioning products. If you were using a product and a defect caused you to suffer injuries, you should take action against the business, as it should not supply potentially dangerous products to its customers.
- Assault and battery: Assault and battery can take various forms, from extreme verbal assault to physical violence and sexual assault. If you were intentionally harmed by another individual, you could take action against him to receive compensation. Civil claims do not result in jail time, however, and if you wish to pursue other damages, you can elect to have the party brought up on criminal charges.
Learn more about your options for compensation by calling (213) 389-3765.
What Injuries Can I Be Covered For In A Personal Injury Lawsuit?Accidents can affect you in many different ways. You may be more likely to receive whiplash as a result of a rear-end accident than if you slipped and fall, for example. A medical malpractice instance is the only way you can suffer a misdiagnosis for a disease; the ensuing problems can be debilitating. Regardless of the type of injury, you should know that you can collect compensation for it. We have taken clients who have suffered the following damages:
- Strained and torn muscles
- Nerve damage
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Closed head injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Knee and hip injuries
- Spinal cord damage
- Herniated or slipped discs
- Neck injuries
- Facial injuries to the eyes and teeth
- Lacerations and abrasions
- Crushing injuries
- Puncture injuries and gashes
- Severed limbs and digits
Call (213) 389-3765 to set up a free, no obligation consultation to find out if you have a case.
What Do I Do After An Accident?No matter what kind of accident you are involved in, you should be sure to collect as much evidence as you can. It is important that you show proof of your injuries and the liability of the other party, or you will have a hard time with your claim. Some of the evidence you can gather includes:
- Photos of your injuries
- Photos of the accident scene
- Pictures or videos of the damage to your belongings
- Credit card receipts, bank statements, proof of purchase documents, and more
- Doctor’s notes
- Eyewitness reports and statements
- Police reports
- Medical bills
- Mechanic estimates
- Proof of lost wages from work
- Surveillance footage
- Hard evidence (defective product part, for example)
What Are Some Damages From A Personal Injury Claim?Restitution from a personal injury claim can vary depending on the type of case. For instance, if you were bitten by bed bugs and your home was infested, you could have the extermination costs covered. Similarly, you could have punitive damages awarded in an intentional sexual assault. Other types of compensation include:;
- Medical expenses
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages from work
- Wrongful death expenses
How Long Do I Have To File A Claim?In California, you generally only have 2 years to file a personal injury claim before you are barred from pursuing compensation. There are some differences, though, depending on the case; for example, you only have 1 year from the date of the discovery of the injury or 3 years from the injury to file a claim if you were injured in a medical malpractice instance. However, if a foreign object were left in your body, your statute would not run out at all. Other exceptions to the statute of limitations include being underage at the time of the incident, being incapacitated after the accident, or if the defendant leaves the state for a period of time.
Call (213) 389-3765 to schedule a free legal consultation.Talk with one of our personal injury attorneys in La Habra for help on determining how much time you have to file a lawsuit. We will make sure your documents and lawsuit are both filed on time and that you do not come in any danger of missing the time limit.