Personal injury lawsuits
are a common aspect of civil law. You can file various types of claims that all have different laws regulating them and statutes that dictate the time limits. Of course, State laws and even city ordinances dictate what you can and cannot sue for and what you are legally entitled to. If you have been injured due to the fault of another individual or party, you could potentially collect ample compensation for your damages. Our team of expert personal injury lawyers in La Habra
at the Downtown LA Law Group can handle your case for you and ensure that you receive the maximum compensation available. We have decades of combined experience under our belts and we always place our clients first.
What Are Some Common Reasons To File A Personal Injury Claim?
We recommend filing a personal injury claim if you were hurt due to the negligent action of another entity. You may not have been doing anything particularly dangerous or risky and you easily could have been involved in an incident of some kind. It is not uncommon to suffer injuries after someone else is reckless or careless. You should always consider filing a personal injury claim
if you were severely injured because of negligence, as the damages and expenses could be quite expensive.
Some of the types of personal injury lawsuits we have filed for clients include:
- Medical malpractice: If you have been injured as a result of negligent action by a nurse, doctor, or other healthcare professional, you could have a medical malpractice claim. Accidents can happen in hospitals, care centers, nursing homes, and more. about 1 in 5 personal injury claims are based on medical malpractice.
- Slip and fall: you may slip and fall in any location, whether it is a restaurant, a friend’s home, an apartment building, or a sidewalk in public. The causes could be numerous, from broken sidewalks to cast-aside debris. No matter what the reason, you should make sure that you are fairly compensated for your damages.
- Car accidents: Car accidents make the up the majority of personal injury claims, roughly 40%. Given that there are millions of car crashes each year, it is no surprise that many people pursue legal action after incidents. You could be struck by a vehicle, a truck, a motorcycle, and more, and you may have to go through a long, troublesome process if you are dealing with an insurance agent for a car accident lawsuit.
- Dog bites: There are many dog owners who let their dogs walk without leashes or let them roam around the park. This is careless behavior, as dogs may sometimes lash out at what they perceive to be threats, resulting in serious injuries.
- Bed bug infestations: Bed bugs can easily wreak havoc on your life and home. They are most often seen at hotels and motels and can evade eradication for months. You may even find them in your apartment I you just moved in. it is important to get compensation to cover all the unnecessary expenses that result from such a trauma.
- Product liability: Fewer than 10% of personal injury claims are filed against companies that have defective or malfunctioning products. If you were using a product and a defect caused you to suffer injuries, you should take action against the business, as it should not supply potentially dangerous products to its customers.
- Assault and battery: Assault and battery can take various forms, from extreme verbal assault to physical violence and sexual assault. If you were intentionally harmed by another individual, you could take action against him to receive compensation. Civil claims do not result in jail time, however, and if you wish to pursue other damages, you can elect to have the party brought up on criminal charges.
No matter what kind of incident you were involved in, you can take legal action against the responsible party. Let our team of expert personal injury attorneys in La Habra take care of your lawsuit for you.
Learn more about your options for compensation by calling (888) 649-7166.
What Injuries Can I Be Covered For In A Personal Injury Lawsuit?
Accidents can affect you in many different ways. You may be more likely to receive whiplash as a result of a rear-end accident than if you slipped and fall, for example. A medical malpractice instance is the only way you can suffer a misdiagnosis for a disease; the ensuing problems can be debilitating. Regardless of the type of injury, you should know that you can collect compensation for it. We have taken clients who have suffered the following damages:
- Strained and torn muscles
- Nerve damage
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Closed head injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Knee and hip injuries
- Spinal cord damage
- Herniated or slipped discs
- Neck injuries
- Facial injuries to the eyes and teeth
- Lacerations and abrasions
- Crushing injuries
- Puncture injuries and gashes
- Severed limbs and digits
Some injuries may not ever get better. You could be severely damaged to the point that you lose motor function, range of motion, cognitive ability, and more. Your injuries could also force you to completely alter your daily life and career. For example, if you need to install handicap ramps in your home because you lost function of your legs, you would need to adjust to having an assistive device for the foreseeable future or even the rest of your life.
Our La Habra personal injury lawyers will be glad to take your case and make sure you win the damages you deserve.
Call (888) 649-7166 to set up a free, no obligation consultation to find out if you have a case.
What Do I Do After An Accident?
No matter what kind of accident you are involved in, you should be sure to collect as much evidence as you can. It is important that you show proof of your injuries and the liability of the other party, or you will have a hard time with your claim. Some of the evidence you can gather includes:
- Photos of your injuries
- Photos of the accident scene
- Pictures or videos of the damage to your belongings
- Credit card receipts, bank statements, proof of purchase documents, and more
- Doctor’s notes
- Eyewitness reports and statements
- Police reports
- Medical bills
- Mechanic estimates
- Proof of lost wages from work
- Surveillance footage
- Hard evidence (defective product part, for example)
After an accident, it is important that you get medical help immediately. Do not wait too long or the insurance agent can claim that you were hurt elsewhere. you may not feel as though you need medical treatment, but some injuries could take a few days to show up or you could be in a numbed state due to adrenaline.
You should make sure to write down the contact information and insurance details of anyone involved in an accident, or gather as much personal and professional info as you can. It will always come in handy to have as many ways to contact people and it will be to your benefit when you file a claim.
You may be confused after an accident and not know what to do. You could even be in shock from the trauma. It is important that you contact
one of our La Habra personal injury attorneys to handle your case for you. We will gather your evidence and submit the claim to the relevant insurance company, and we will negotiate the fairest settlement from the agent.
What Are Some Damages From A Personal Injury Claim?
Restitution from a personal injury claim can vary depending on the type of case. For instance, if you were bitten by bed bugs and your home was infested, you could have the extermination costs covered. Similarly, you could have punitive damages awarded in an intentional sexual assault.
Other types of compensation include:;
- Medical expenses
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages from work
- Wrongful death expenses
Let a personal injury attorney in La Habra
work to negotiate the maximum compensation available for your case. We will do all we can to win you every penny you deserve.
How Long Do I Have To File A Claim?
In California, you generally only have 2 years to file a personal injury claim before you are barred from pursuing compensation. There are some differences, though, depending on the case; for example, you only have 1 year from the date of the discovery of the injury or 3 years from the injury to file a claim if you were injured in a medical malpractice instance. However, if a foreign object were left in your body, your statute would not run out at all.
Other exceptions to the statute of limitations include being underage at the time of the incident, being incapacitated after the accident, or if the defendant leaves the state for a period of time.
Call (888) 649-7166 to schedule a free legal consultation.
Talk with one of our personal injury attorneys in La Habra for help on determining how much time you have to file a lawsuit. We will make sure your documents and lawsuit are both filed on time and that you do not come in any danger of missing the time limit.
The Firm for You
The Downtown LA Law Group
can make sure that you receive the compensation you deserve if you file a personal injury claim
. We will not hesitate to take the responsible party to court if we have to and we will aggressively fight for your rights every step of the way. Our attorneys have been practicing personal injury law for combined decades and we know the best methods to winning your case.
Call our offices at (888) 649-7166
for a free legal consultation with an expert lawyer. We can walk you through the legal process and tell you what we believe we can win for your case. If you have specific questions, we will be glad to answer them.
If you wish to hire us to represent you, we will give you our zero fee guarantee, a promise that says that you won’t touch your own finances to pay for our services. We will only get paid if we win, and if we lose, we get no money at all. You will not have your financial standing touched at all.
our La Habra personal injury lawyers for more help filing a claim to receive your worthwhile restitution.