If you are in need of Costa Mesa personal injury lawyers
, you can look no further than the Downtown LA Law Group. We have a team of experienced attorneys who have decades of combined experience. We know the best methods to winning your case and will not stop pursuing your rightful compensation until we are satisfied with the result. Many individuals are hesitant to take legal action because they do not know where to turn or what is expected of them. In some cases, this can be hugely detrimental to them – they may not receive any of the expenses they need and they could be forced to pay off debts that should have been covered by the responsible party. Our firm makes sure that you are treated fairly by the insurance company and that you are not left owing a ton of money for injuries that were not your fault.
What Areas Of Personal Injury Do You Cover?
Our firm can help you no matter what kind of accident you have suffered. Victims of negligence should be aware that there is legal assistance available. We have years of experience in personal injury
; some of our areas include:
- Dog bites: Owners may not properly leash their dogs or may not have their property fenced in, which can allow the dogs to roam and potentially attack innocent bystanders. California has strict liability when it comes to dog bites – the owner is wholly responsible for the actions of the dog, no matter if it’s the first or second occurrence.
- Car accidents: Many car accidents are caused by reckless or careless drivers, whether by failing to pay attention, driving drunk, or ignoring the right of way of other drivers on the road. These accidents can occur anywhere – from parking lots and driveways to freeways and residential streets.
- Other automobile accidents: Truck crashes, motorcycle accidents, bus accidents, and more can all be much more devastating than car accidents for a number of reasons. The relative lack of safety on a motorcycle, for instance, leads to a higher fatality rate in such crashes, and the increased size of trucks raises the severity of injuries in those accidents.
- Product liability: Items and products that have been manufactured by companies should be up to working standard and quality, and if there are any troubles that cause malfunctions, incidents, and accidents, the company can be held responsible.
- Slip and fall: It is not uncommon for individuals to slip or trip and fall in some areas, such as the grocery store, restaurants, homes, and more. It is the responsibility of property owners to ensure that people do not face dangers and hazards on their property.
- Medical malpractice: Doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and other healthcare professionals must take extra care to not further harm those who come to them with afflictions. Some doctors have been known to make crucial errors, such as operating on the wrong part of the body or leaving a foreign object inside someone after surgery. Nurses have mistakenly administered too much medication or even abused patients. It is important that you speak with an attorney if you feel that you were a victim of medical malpractice, as some of the nuances are different, such as the compensation and statute of limitations.
- Assault and battery: Victims of assault and battery should be fairly compensated. The difference between a civil case and a criminal case is in the punishment, and thus, the burden of proof. Criminal cases carry the possibility of jail time, so the burden of proof is higher. Those who have been assaulted and wish to pursue a civil claim will have an easier time with the help of a lawyer thanks to the decreased burden of proof, as monetary damages are pursued.
No matter what kind of case you have, we recommend speaking with one of our Costa Mesa injury attorneys
. You’ll be able to receive the assistance you need. Our lawyers have seen it all, and we are wholly prepared to represent you from start to finish.
What Are Common Injuries From Accidents?
The type of accident you suffer will largely determine your injuries, as well as the severity of them. Some incidents can appear to be inconsequential but result in permanent damage. For example, slipping and falling could lead to long-lasting spinal cord injuries
that may not recover with time due to old age. On the other hand, there have been numerous instances where severe car crashes
have yielded next to no damages.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form or call (888) 649-7166.
As it stands, we have seen many kinds of injuries stemming from various accidents. Some of the most common include:
- Broken bones
- Crushing injuries
- Severed limbs and digits
- Closed head injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Internal bleeding
- Puncture wounds
- Cuts, bruises, abrasions, lacerations, and contusions
- Knee and hip injuries
- Neck and spinal cord damage
- Herniated discs
The extent of your injuries will be the primary factor used to determine the value of your case
. If you are not particularly injured, you likely won’t have a large offer from the insurance company. However, the more severe your injuries and the larger the impact on your life and career, the more likely it is that you’ll receive a larger sum. Our personal injury attorneys in Costa Mesa will do all we can to make sure you are compensated for your injuries.
What Can I Receive From A Personal Injury Lawsuit?
As a victim of an accident, you can receive a few different types of coverage for your damages. The responsible party should be held liable and be made to pay off any debts that accrued because of his negligent action. You may find it difficult to negotiate a fair deal for yourself if you do not have legal assistance. It is a wise choice to enlist the help of one of our Costa Mesa personal injury attorneys to bring you what you deserve. We’ll do our best to ensure you’re covered for the following:
- Medical expenses (surgery, hospitalization, medication, future medical procedures, physical therapy sessions)
- Lost income from absent days at work, as well as future missed income because of recovery time, additional medical treatments, or disability
- Property damage to your personal belongings
- Pain and suffering (emotional trauma, psychological scarring, mental anguish, PTSD, anxiety, fear)
- Wrongful death damages if a family member or loved one passed away in the incident (funeral and burial expenses, loss of consortium, loss of expected savings and inheritance, pre-death medical bills and pain and suffering)
- Punitive damages if the party were grossly negligent or intentionally caused harm; these damages are purely monetary and are meant to punish the defendant, but many courts view them as excessive or unnecessary, so only a skilled lawyer will be able to win them for your case
Don’t let your expenses rack up and cause you to fall into debt. Get in touch with our Costa Mesa personal injury lawyers today for more assistance.
Find out more about how we can help you. Call (888) 649-7166 to speak with a representative now.
How Long Do I Have To File A Lawsuit In The State Of California?
In the State of California, you have two years from the date of the injury to file a personal injury claim
against the responsible party. This is done so that claims do not sit around too long and gather dusts, which can make the evidence murky and create unfair situations for all involved parties. Some witnesses may not remember key details and some physical evidence may get lost or corrupted. The two-year limit generally applies to all accidents and incidents, and if you do not take action in that time frame, you will be prevented from pursuing any compensation in the future.
However, this two-year limit can be circumvented or put on hold in some specific situations. The most common is that you were underage at the time of the incident, which would cause the statute to start once you turn 18 years old. Some victims may also be physically or mentally incapacitated after the accidents, which could interfere with their abilities to file claims. They would thus have a prolonged statute that would match when they returned to functioning health. The defendant also must be present in the state – if he leaves, the statute of limitations gets put on hold until he returns.
To determine how much time you have left to sue the responsible party for your damages, contact our Costa Mesa personal injury attorneys
today. We’ll gladly help you understand when your deadline is and we will file your documents for you to ensure that everything is finished on time.
Let Our Firm Help You
The Downtown LA Law Group
can provide you with expert lawyers in Costa Mesa who will handle your case and ensure that you are given the best representation available. You should not be worried about getting what you receive when you come to us. We will aggressively work to secure you the restitution you deserve and we will negotiate with the insurance agent until we get what we want. If we need to, we will take your case to court to prove that you are owed compensation in front of a judge and jury.
To speak with a Los Angeles personal injury lawyer, call (888) 649-7166.
Call our firm at (888) 649-7166
for a free legal consultation today. We’ll set up an appointment with a lawyer to further discuss your case, and we will tell you what we believe we can earn for you and what we think your case is worth. You can ask us whatever you’d like – your consultation is confidential, and none of your private information will be shared elsewhere. We will also tell you more about our zero fee guarantee, which promises that you won’t have to pay a single dime out of pocket for our services. We’ll cover the legal costs of the case and only get paid if we win. If we lose, you owe us nothing, and we eat the losses ourselves.
Get in touch with the Downtown LA Law Group
if you need to speak with personal injury lawyers in Costa Mesa: (888) 649-7166