The Downtown LA Law Group
is one o the most highly rated law firms that handles personal injury lawsuits
. We know the best strategies to success and will always work tirelessly to secure you your rightful damages. Personal injury cases can take on many forms
, and we do not recommend embarking on any lawsuit without legal help. Our team of personal injury attorneys in Lake Elsinore
has the experience and legal acumen you need to have the greatest chance of success in your claim.
Personal Injury Claims
Our attorneys have been handling personal injury claims
for years. We know the best methods to winning your case and have made sure to stay up to date on all legal proceedings and relevant and landmark cases in each category. We are the certified experts on the subject of personal injury, and if you wish to pursue a claim in any of these areas, we are available to help you.
- Slip and fall accidents at restaurants, grocery stores, businesses, public locations, and more
- Product liability claims against companies for defective or malfunctioning items and goods
- Dog bite incidents with unleashed, dangerous, or aggressive canines
- Bed bug infestations in hotels, motels, hostels, trains, buses, and other locations
- Assault and battery and sexual assault
- Car accidents, truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, and more
- Medical malpractice incidents carried out by nurses, doctors, surgeons, healthcare professionals, and others
Bear in mind that 50% of all personal injury cases
have to do with auto accidents
of some kind. Product liability cases are rarer, but still occur. Talk
with one of our personal injury lawyers in Lake Elsinore to determine how to move forward with your claim.
What Kind Of Injuries Can I Get From An Accident?
You may be hurt in many different ways depending on the type of accident you are in. if you’re bitten by a dog, for example, you may run the risk of infection from the dog’s saliva; you could also run the risk of diseases and infections if you are sexually assaulted or raped, or if you are a victim of medical malpractice due to unsterilized equipment.
Call (888) 649-7166 to schedule a free legal consultation.
A few of the injuries you can sustain include:
- Knee and hip injuries
- Closed head injuries
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Nerve damage
- Torn muscles
- Internal organ damage
- Spinal cord injuries
- Slipped or herniated discs
- Neck injuries
- Paraplegia and quadriplegia
- Severed limbs
No matter what kind of injuries you suffered, it is important that you try to get compensation to cover the ensuing expenses. Our team of attorneys has years of experience handling various claims, and we will gladly work to keep you safe and healthy while we handle your claim.
What Evidence Should I Have For My Lawsuit?
If you want to have a successful lawsuit, you must have ample evidence that you were injured. You must show that you were hurt and that the other party played a direct part in the accident, whether by greatly contributing to it or causing it altogether. It is recommended that you follow these steps to gather evidence and file a lawsuit.
- Call the paramedics, go to the emergency room, or schedule a doctor’s appointment as quickly as possible, even if you feel healthy. You should be checked to see if there are any damages from the accident, as some injuries may manifest later. It is also beneficial to your claim to get treated as quickly as possible because a gap between the injury and a visit to the doctor can be a red flag to the insurance agent. He may claim that you were actually injured in another incident and you are merely retroactively and wrongfully attributing the damages to the accident with his client.
- Write down the contact information, insurance details, license plate, position, employee ID number, and any other identifying information from the responsible party so you can hold the appropriate person responsible.
- Take numerous pictures and videos of your evidence, like your injuries, the scene of the accident or incident, he the damage to any vehicles, the damage to personal belongings, the apartment or hotel room, the individual responsible for the incident, and more.
- If the police came to the incident, you can request a copy of the police report once it’s been finalized at the station.
- Keep receipts, bank statements, credit card bills, and other documents to indicate that you were a lawful spender, owner, renter, or anything else.
- You may file an incident report or complaint with the company if you were involved in a slip and fall, product liability case, or other occurrence.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form to get started now.
We highly recommend contacting a skilled personal injury lawyer in Lake Elsinore
for more help. Victims often forget a step or mistakenly misplace or ignore evidence. With our assistance, you will be sure to have all your evidence gathered together so that it can be easily submitted to the insurance agency and will be missing nothing whatsoever.
What Compensation Can I Receive From A Personal Injury Claim?
If you have been injured in any kind of accident and you can prove that another party was responsible for your damages, you could pursue legal action and receive financial compensation to cover your expenses and bills. You could receive numerous kinds of restitution for your case, including the following:
- Medical bills from the past and future if you were hospitalized, in need of surgery, needed medication, require future treatments, and more
- Pain and suffering costs if you suffered PTSD, anxiety, fear, mental trauma, psychological pain, emotional scarring, and more
- Lost income from days you missed at work, as well as future missed wags if you required additional treatments or recovery time and could not return to your job for months or for an indefinite period
- Property damage for any owned items that were damaged in the incident
- Punitive damages, awarded in times of gross negligence or when the defendant intentionally tried to harm you, but they are seldom awarded due to their reputation as being too excessive, so only a talented lawyer will be able to win them for you
- Wrongful death expenses if a family member or loved one died in an accident; you could receive coverage for funeral costs, burial fees, pre-death medical bills and pain and suffering, loss of expected earnings and inheritance, loss of consortium, and more
If you were hurt in an accident, you should reach out to our Lake Elsinore personal injury attorneys
for more help. We will be glad to help you with your case and ensure that you receive the maximum compensation available under the law.
How Do I Value My Claim?
To determine the value of your lawsuit, you should consider your injuries, first and foremost. Depending on how badly you were injured, you could receive a large settlement offer from the insurance agent.
For example, if you suffered severe injuries that left you permanently disabled and unable to continue your career, you would likely have a bigger offer than if you suffered a sprained ankle that would heal in a few short weeks. The insurance agent will consider how severe your injuries were and how much of an impact they had on your daily life and career. The agent will also look at your age and job type, as well as whether or not you played a role in the incident and were liable.
Your case may be valued at over $1,000,000 if you were particularly hurt or if the defendant were especially negligent. Some cases could be worth less than $25,000, especially if you were not injured to a large extent. It will be up to our Lake Elsinore personal injury lawyers
to secure you the fairest compensation for your damages.
How Long Is The Statute Of Limitations For My Claim?
In California, most personal injury lawsuits must be filed within 2 years of the date of the injury. If you do not file a claim within this time, you will not be able to pursue legal compensation or action in the future. The statute of limitations is in place to ensure that you will have a claim filed within an acceptable amount of time and that your evidence does not get lost or corrupted. Often, victims will simply forget about their potential claims or will not pursue damages until the time limit is drastically close to ending or has already ended.
If you are unsure of how much time you have left, you can talk with an attorney at our law firm for more assistance. We can look over your situation and determine the remaining time. You may be eligible for an extension to the statute of limitations; for example, if the defendant left the state, you could have the deadline temporarily frozen until he comes back. Further, if you were underage or mentally or physically incapacitated, you could wait to file a claim until you turn legal age or get better.
Bear in mind that there are some situations that have different statutes regardless. Medical malpractice cases may have 1 year or 3 year limits, or they may have no statute at all. A claim against a government entity is often greatly reduced, often to a matter of weeks.
For the most accurate idea of how much time you have to sue the responsible party, call our personal injury attorneys in Lake Elsinore
at (888) 649-7166
Find out more about how we can help you. Speak with with a representative at (888) 649-7166 now.
The Firm for You
Our law offices consistently take calls from individuals who have suffered injuries in accidents. We have been rated as some of the best lawyers available for personal injury cases
and we have always placed our clients first. We are empathetic and will keep you updated throughout the legal process, and we will aggressively fight to win your case, whether it means negotiating with the insurance agency or proving your case in a court of law.
If you want to receive a free legal consultation, call us at (888) 649-7166
today. All consultations are confidential and you are encouraged to ask us anything that comes to mind about the law and your case. We will tell you more about our zero fee guarantee, which promises that we won’t get paid unless and until we win your claim – and you won’t pay a dime out of pocket either way.
Get in touch
with our Lake Elsinore personal injury lawyers
for more details.