Every year millions of Americans are hurt in car accidents, dog bites, slip and falls, public transportation accident, falling objects and debris, workplace incidents, and violent crimes. We live in a relatively safe environment, yet injuries resulting from the negligent or intentional acts of others persist leading to tens of billions of dollars in damages. Filing a Personal Injury Claim is a difficult Endeavor: A personal Injury lawsuit has the goal of providing financial compensation for the losses suffered. Losses can be based on many factors in a personal injury lawsuit including
- Medical Costs – Emergency room visit and Hospital Care
- Future Medical Costs – Rehabilitating, Further treatment, and prescription drug costs
- Loss of Income – Lost Wages – Including Future loss of earnings
- Pain and Suffering – Including emotion distress, and Post Traumatic Stress, and other emotional trauma
- Punitive Damages – where possible
Small claims cases in the state of California are claims under $7,500. Small claims proceeding are handled by the claimants themselves. However most personal injury cases fall above the $7,500 maximum mark from small claim cases. In those cases claimant must seek legal representation so as to be able to effectively peruse a personal injury lawsuit.