Victims often call or firm with questions about how to proceed after an accident
or an incident or if they have any legal ability to sue. They may not know if they have been mistreated or if the responsible party acted illegally. We routinely answer these queries and help victims get the compensation they deserve. We have recovered millions of dollars for our clients and we always place our clients first. At the Downtown LA Law Group
, you will be given expert legal advice and representation by our talented personal injury attorneys in Torrance
Examples of Personal Injury Cases
Our law firm has a long history of handling personal injury claims
of many varieties. We have included some of the more common cases below:
- Car accidents, which can include truck crashes, motorcycle accidents, bus accidents, pedestrian accidents, and more. There are millions of car accidents per years and thousands of deaths. They are extremely common and you should always take appropriate action afterwards, especially if a driver flees.
- Dog bite cases, especially since dog owners in California are strictly liable for the actions of their pets and must be held responsible for any violent or unleashed dogs.
- Assault and battery cases where a party gets enraged, irritated, inebriated, or any other emotion and harms you, whether physically or verbally.
- Product liability cases where items may malfunction or have defects that could cause injuries; these items may be recalled by the company, leading to a class action lawsuit.
- Slip and fall injuries are common in grocery stores and restaurants where there are usually spills. You should always be careful in these areas.
- Premises liability instances, including defective stairs, potholes, broken sidewalks, broken tree branches, and more. A property owner should take care not to place any visitors in danger, whether actively or inactively, and his property should be free of risks.
- Medical malpractice cases carried out by negligent doctors or nurses who may misdiagnose you, miss a diagnosis, wrongfully operate, give you medication you are allergic to, abuse you in the hospital, and more.
- Bed bug infestations, which can happen in apartments, hotels, motels, and more. Anyone who provides a hospitable place for tenants must ensure that the space is inhabitable and free from vermin or filth.
If you have been injured in any of the incidents listed above, you can reach out to us for legal assistance. A personal injury attorney in Torrance
will gladly take your case and help you receive the compensation you deserve.
Evidence To Gather After An Incident
It is important that you have ample evidence for your personal injury lawsuit. If you do not have enough proof of your injuries and the losses you suffered, it will be very hard for you to secure any payment for the various expenses stemming from the incident. You should be sure to immediately get medical attention after you discover the injury to ensure that the damages are not too severe or permanent. Some injuries may not show up right away, though, or they may indicate something worse than you originally thought. They could also be masked by adrenaline. It is crucial that you get medical treatment or go to the doctor quickly thereafter.
You can hold on to the medical receipts and doctor’s notes
from this trip so you have proof of the injuries you suffered and the treatment you received. You can also hold on to the bank statements and insurance statements showing that you paid for these procedures, if any.
Learn more about your options for compensation by calling (888) 649-7166.
– Torrance Car Accident Lawyers
You should then take as many photos
as you can of your injuries, the scene of the incident, the environment, and more. The more proof you have of the area and how much you were injured, the more likely it is that you will be fairly compensated.
You should then interview eyewitnesses and bystanders
if any were present to see the incident. The incident may have occurred behind closed doors with no witnesses, so you should take advantage of having people on your side.
If the police were present at the incident
, you can request a copy of the police report.
You should acquire surveillance or security footage
if the incident happened at a place of business, as this can provide you with additional proof.
You can also file an incident report with the company
, which should be done only after you have gathered as much evidence as possible, since the company may try to erase the evidence or prevent you from gathering proof of the damage.
Once you have acquired your evidence, you should write down the insurance information and contact information of the responsible party. This will allow easy communication and will ensure that you take legal action against the correct entity. You should then speak with a skilled personal injury lawyer in Torrance. We will even walk you through the process immediately after an incident, and if you have any questions, we will gladly answer them.
Earnings From A Personal Injury Claim
By filing a personal injury lawsuit
, you will be able to receive various kinds of compensation for your damages. We will make sure that you are fully covered for your expenses and that you do not have to spend any of your own funds to pay off your debts. If you must spend your own money after an accident, we will strive to get you proper reimbursement from the responsible party.
There are various forms of compensation you can receive depending on the type of situation you are involved in. There are also some rules that govern amounts. For example, if you were in a medical malpractice incident, you would only be able to collect a maximum of $250,000 for pain and suffering damages, but there would be no upper limit on the amount you can recover for medical coverage.
Other earnings you can secure include:
- Medical bills from the past and future for any surgery, hospitalization, physical therapy and rehabilitation, medication, and more
- Lost wages from the past and future if you were unable to work or if you needed to go on disability after the incident
- Property damage to your vehicle, personal items, furnishings, and more
- Pain and suffering damages for PTSD, mental anguish, anxiety, fear, and emotional trauma
- Wrongful death damages if a family member or loved one passed away in the incident, which can include coverage for the funeral and burial, cemetery plot, pre-death medical expenses and pain and suffering, loss of expected inheritance and savings, loss of consortium and relations, and more
- Punitive damages if you were intentionally harmed by the defendant or if he acted with gross negligence, but these damages are hard to win due to their reputation as being too severe r excessive
An expert personal injury attorney in Torrance
will be able to secure you every penny you deserve from an incident or accident. We will not stop until we are satisfied with the result. You are our highest priority and we aim to have you covered in every manner.
Statute of Limitations for Your Claim
The statute of limitations is the time limit you must adhere to for your lawsuit. If you do not file a claim within the two-year period after the incident, you will be prevented from receiving the compensation you deserve. The longer you wait to sue, the more likely it is that your information will be lost or will be corrupted with time. You may also not have the need to seek compensation anymore once years have passed. It is important that you take action in an efficient manner.
Get started today by calling (888) 649-7166.
However, this limit of 2 years is not static. There are a few scenarios in which the statute is more or less than two years; examples include:
- Medical malpractice cases, which must be filed 1 year after the discovery of the injury or 3 years after the injury itself, unless a foreign object was left in the body after a surgery, which has no statute
- Your age, since minors cannot sue; you would not have to adhere to the statute until you turn 18 years old, which could be any amount of years away
- Your health, which could be compromised after an accident (including mental health); you would not have to adhere to the 2-year limit until you can function again
- The defendant’s location, since you can only sue defendants in the state; if a defendant goes on vacation or vacates, the statute would be suspended until he returns
- Claims against the government, which must be filed 6 months after the injury instead of 2 years
Of course, these numerous exceptions and rules can be greatly confusing to anyone who has no legal experience. If you are unsure of how much time you have to file a claim, you should contact
our personal injury attorneys in Torrance
. We will be sure to file your documents on time and send the demand letter and evidence package to the correct entity within an acceptable time frame. You will not have to worry about not receiving your worthwhile compensation because of a missed deadline.
Choosing Our Firm for Your Case
The Downtown LA Law Group
has actively helped thousands of clients get the restitution they deserve after they have been injured in accidents. If you are in need of legal assistance, feel free to call our firm. We have years of experience handling all sorts of personal injury claims
. We have seen it all and we know the best methods for success, no matter if you present us with a car accident lawsuit
or a slip and fall case
. Our attorneys are aggressive and highly knowledgeable, and you will never be left in the dark or have to worry about the status of your claim.
Call us at (888) 649-7166
for a free legal consultation. You can ask us anything you wish and we’ll give you the answers you need. If you want to know specifics about the law, awe will help you understand the legal process and the legality of certain situations. We can tell you what we believe your claim is who and what we believe we can win for you.
Call (888) 649-7166 to schedule a free legal consultation.
If you hire us, we will give you our zero fee guarantee
. This is a promise that you will never touch your own finances to pay for legal services. We will cover all the costs of the case and we will only get paid for our representation if we win. The insurance agency will cover your legal costs. If we lose, we get paid nothing by anyone. You will not see a bill from us.
For the best Torrance personal injury attorneys
, reach out to the Downtown LA Law Group