In the late 70s, consumers were becoming more aware of natural foods’ value and health benefits, eating more fresh produce, and avoiding over-processed foods. But the challenge was finding a grocery store that had rapidly evolved to meet these needs. However, the residents of Costa Mesa were fortunate to have the first Mother’s Market & Kitchen location open in 1978, offering a variety of fresh juices, organic foods, and fresh veggies to meet the growing population in the community focused on a vegetarian diet.
The concept of eating healthy foods with fewer chemicals has continued to grow as we discover more and more benefits to this lifestyle. And much in the same way, Mother’s Market & Kitchen has grown to include a dozen locations serving multiple communities and neighborhoods in the Los Angeles area. The locations include:
- Anaheim Hills at 5759 E Santa Ana Canyon Road
- Brea at 413 S Associated Road
- Corona Del Mar at 3049 East Coast Highway
- Costa Mesa at 1890 Newport Boulevard
- Hollywood at 6677 W. Santa Monica Boulevard, Unit 109
- Huntington Beach at 19770 Beach Boulevard
- Irvine at 2963 Michelson Drive
- Laguna Woods at 24165 Paseo de Valencia
- Manhattan Beach at 1700 Rosecrans Avenue
- Santa Ana at 151 E Memory Lane
- Signal Hill at 2475 Cherry Avenue
- Sunset Beach at 16400 Pacific Coast Hwy Unit #112
These stores are typically filled with shoppers searching for the freshest and most healthy ingredients for their home-cooked meals. However, they are not always aware of the many Mother’s Market & Kitchen Los Angeles slip and fall hazards they might encounter on an average shopping trip. Sadly, while focusing on healthy foods, the staff at Mother’s Market & Kitchen locations is not always focused on following the duty of care guidelines that would provide a safe place for customers to shop.
So when you visit any of the twelve locations of Mother’s Market & Kitchen, be alert for the many common slip and fall hazards that could cause severe injuries. The safety concerns are genuine, from drinks spilled on the floor near the juice bar to litter that has not been put in a proper receptacle. They can result in significant Mother’s Market & Kitchen Los Angles slip and fall accident injuries.
If you or a loved one have suffered such an injury accident at a Mother’s Market & Kitchen location, please contact DTLA Law Group immediately. Our Mother’s Market & Kitchen slip and fall Los Angeles accident lawyers are available 24/7 to ensure you have access to the legal information you need when choosing your rights and seeking compensation for your injuries. In addition, we offer a free consultation to discuss your case in depth and determine if you have grounds for a Mother’s Market & Kitchen Los Angeles slip and fall accident injury lawsuit.
The Typical Slip And Fall Dangers Found In Mother’s Market & Kitchen Locations
Shoppers at Mother’s Market & Kitchen are excited to see all the healthy food choices these stores offer as they walk the aisles and produce area. However, all these great choices can mean that shoppers fail to look around and notice the slip and fall safety issues that can be around them. Unfortunately, that distraction can lead to many severe slip and fall injuries due to common issues that Mother’s Market & Kitchen staff have ignored or failed to adequately clean up promptly. Some of the most common risks to shopper safety include:
The Duty Of Care Of Mother’s Market & Kitchen Staff
- Water puddled on the floor from a leaking water line, damaged plumbing fixture, clogged sink drain, malfunctioning cooler or refrigerator, or an overflowing toilet – while these issues are not severe, the injuries they cause are – but all of these issues could be eliminated or marked with a sign indicating the added potential for a slip and fall injury if the staff at Mother’s Market & Kitchen had met their duty of care obligation
- Merchandise can fall from a shelf for any one of a dozen reasons which include poor stocking processes, overstocked shelves, an accident with a cart hitting the selves, and many more – the genuine concern is when the staff at Mother’s Market & Kitchen fails to pick up the items and clean up any food items that might have leaked onto the floor from the damaged packaging
- Floor mats are an essential part of the safety plan for any grocery store, but when they are damaged, folded, or saturated with water, these safety devices can become safety hazards – Mother’s Market & Kitchen staff members must be alert and correct issues with floor mats, replace damaged or saturated floor mats, and place wet floor caution signs when floor mats are not available
- Fresh foods add several added issues that can create slip and fall risks that must be carefully monitored, such as the use of ice tables that can result in ice or puddles on the floor, fresh fruit and veggies that can fall to the floor and become a slippery mess, and fresh juices that can drip onto the floor – Mother’s Market & Kitchen staff need to pay added attention to the housekeeping and inspections of these areas
Mother’s Market & Kitchen employees are held to the same standards as any business or property owner when evaluating duty of care. This section of the law defines the level of maintenance and care the staff or owner must provide to ensure the safety of guests on the property. The minimum level of care all stores must meet is the same as what the average person would provide.
For example, if you or your neighbor would mop up liquid spilled on the floor or pick up trash littering the floor to prevent a slip and fall injury accident, then so should the Mother’s Market & Kitchen staff. The instructions go a step further to require regular inspections of the space to ensure all safety hazards are quickly identified and eliminated. If the Mother’s Market & Kitchen staff is not delivering this level of care, they are negligent in their duty of care.
When the negligence of a team member is found to have caused a patron’s slip and fall accident injuries, the store can be held liable for the losses and injuries of the victim. Your Mother’s Market & Kitchen slip and fall Los Angeles accident lawyer will discuss duty of care with you at your free consultation to determine if you have grounds for a Mother’s Market & Kitchen slip and fall accident injury lawsuit.
How Much Is My Mother’s Market & Kitchen Slip And Fall Accident Injury Lawsuit Worth?
Each personal injury lawsuit is evaluated based on the expenses and losses suffered by the victim. Those costs are the basis for determining the amount of the claim against Mother’s Market & Kitchen. Your DTLA Law Group legal team will assist you in compiling the expenses, including:
- All medical bills related to the incident at Mother’s Market & Kitchen
- The legal fees for the Mother’s Market & Kitchen slip and fall accident injury lawsuit
- The value of any personal property damaged in the fall
- Your lost income if the injuries prevented you from working
In cases with severe injuries, you can also include an amount to compensate you for the pain and suffering you endured due to your injuries. Your Mother’s Market & Kitchen slip and fall Los Angeles accident lawyer will provide a dollar amount appropriate for your injuries based on their expertise and previous cases involving pain and suffering claims.
When Can I File My Mother’s Market & Kitchen Slip And Fall Los Angeles Accident Injury Lawsuit?
By law, you are free to file your claim against Mother’s Market & Kitchen any time after the incident, as long as it is within two years of the accident date. Your Mother’s Market & Kitchen slip and fall Los Angeles accident lawyer at DTLA Law Group will advise you when the case preparation is complete and ready to submit to the court system. Contacting DTLA Law Group as soon as possible after the incident is the best way to know the potential for a lawsuit and to file the claim quickly to secure the compensation you deserve for your injuries and losses.
How To Afford The Best Mother’s Market & Kitchen Slip And Fall Los Angeles Accident Lawyer
Slip and fall injury victims often face financial challenges when they cannot work, and bills are mounting. So paying upfront legal fees can create a significant hardship that prevents many victims from getting the legal help they need. At DTLA Law Group, we never want to increase your money worries or prevent you from getting the expert legal services needed to secure the compensation you deserve.
Our payment policy is never to charge upfront fees and only get paid after the case is completed. This process allows you to use the settlement or verdict funds to pay your legal fees without taking money from supporting yourself and your loved ones. And if we fail to win the case, you owe us nothing.
So please don’t hesitate to reach out to DTLA Law Group today for a free consultation with an award-winning Mother’s Market & Kitchen slip and fall Los Angeles accident lawyer to determine if you have grounds to sue Mother’s Market & Kitchen.