Cardenas Markets have made a name for themselves in California by providing quality fresh ingredients, including culturally specific items for their communities. These stores offer all the typical items found in a grocery store at fair and reasonable prices, along with the local favorites for shoppers of the over 50 locations statewide. Cardenas Markets can be found in:
- Cathedral City
- East Palo Alto
- EL Centro
- Lake Shore
- Moreno Valley
- San Bernardino
- San Jacinto
- San Jose
- San Rafael
Consumers appreciate the dependable selection of meat and fish, grocery items, seafood, fresh baked goods, and the well-known tortilleria. But many patrons do not know that entering Cardenas Markets could result in a tragic slip and fall accident injury. Sadly, while these stores meet some of the community’s needs, they appear to be falling short of providing the safe shopping environment required under premises liability and duty of care regulations.
If you or a loved one have recently become a victim of a slip and fall accident injury in Cardenas Markets, be sure to get in touch with DTLA Law Group as soon as possible. Our staff is available 24/7 to answer many of your legal questions immediately and schedule a free consultation with a skilled Cardenas Markets slip and fall accident injury lawyer. It is vital for you to understand your rights and how to protect yourself before agreeing to take compensation or signing any documents that could prevent you from receiving the full and fair compensation you could be entitled to receive for your injuries and losses.
Typical Safety Risks Inside Cardenas Markets
While local markets often do a great job of providing unique items to meet the community’s needs, they often fail when it comes to keeping the stores well-maintained and in a safe condition. The smaller budget, fewer employees, and lack of a dedicated maintenance team can result in many safety risks that shoppers typically do not encounter in other stores, such as:
- Water leaking onto the floor from damaged or faulty cookers and refrigerators
- Damaged water lines, malfunctioning plumbing fixtures, clogged sinks, or overflowing toilets flooding the floors
- Food or drinks spilled on the floor but not cleaned up in a reasonable amount of time
- Items that have fallen from the shelves or freestanding displays create a slip and fall or trip and fall hazard for customers
- Damaged merchandise packaging that allows the contents to leak onto the floor – items like rice, dried beans, coffee beans, flour, or pet food can be hard to see yet creates a significant slip and fall hazard
- Broken bottles and glass jars fall from display areas and create a double hazard of a slip and fall risk and the shards of sharp broken glass that can increase the victim’s injuries
- Damaged, folded, or missing floor mats create tripping hazards and allow water to be tracked into the stores
- Floors that were recently mopped but have no warning or caution signage to alert customers of the increased risk of a slip and fall incident
- Smaller aisles crammed with freestanding displays make navigating the space with a shopping cart even more hazardous
- Food that fell from produce displays often gets stepped on, creating a slick floor surface
- Poorly marked or unmarked transitions from one flooring surface to another or at steps or ramps
- Damaged or missing handrails at steps or ramps
All of these issues sound relatively mundane. However, when the staff at Cardenas Markets ignores them, each has the potential to cause severe injuries when a customer suffers a Cardenas Markets slip and fall accident injury. But the worst part is that most or all of these issues could have easily been eliminated, corrected, or marked as a safety hazard to alert customers and prevent debilitating slip and fall injuries in Cardenas Markets.
The Duty Of Care Of Cardenas Markets Staff
Duty of care is a part of premises liability law that outlines the obligations of a business or property owner. Under these laws, business owners, such as those owning Cardenas Markets, are required to inspect the property regularly for safety issues and correct them in a reasonable amount of time. The level of care that must be provided in these maintenance practices is the same level the average person provides.
For example, if the average person would pick up litter from the floor or mop up a spill to prevent a slip and fall accident injury in their home, then the Cardenas Markets staff should provide that same level of care. In addition, if the store employees do not follow these guidelines, they can be found negligent in their duty of care. And when that negligence is determined to be the cause of someone’s Cardenas Markets slip and fall accident injury, the store could be held responsible for the damages and losses of the victim.
When you meet with a DTLA Law Group slip and fall accident injury lawyer for your free consultation, you will discuss the details of your incident. After evaluating the event, your Cardenas Markets slip and fall accident injury lawyer will advise you if you have grounds to seek compensation via a Cardenas Markets slip and fall injury lawsuit.
What Is The Value Of My Cardenas Markets Slip And Fall Injury Lawsuit?
The value of each lawsuit filed with the court system has a unique value because it is determined by evaluating the losses and damages suffered by the victim. There are no predetermined values for a slip and fall accident injury or a trip and fall lawsuit. Instead, you work with the legal experts at DTLA Law Group to compile all the costs you can include in your claim against Cardenas Markets. Most of the expenses will fall into one of these categories:
- Medical expenses related to the injuries sustained at Cardenas Markets and the estimated amount of any future medical care required for treatment of the injuries or rehabilitation
- Your legal fees for the Cardenas Markets slip and fall accident injury lawsuit and representation by DTLA Law Group
- The replacement value of any personal property that was damaged or destroyed in the incident
- Your lost income if the injuries you suffered at Cardenas Markets prevented you from working during your recovery
In some cases, pain and suffering are compensated as well. Your Cardenas Markets slip and fall accident injury lawyer will advise you if your injuries were severe enough to warrant adding a dollar amount for the pain and suffering you endured and assist you in determining a suitable amount.
Some Of The Most Severe Cardenas Markets Slip And Fall Injuries
When you think about adding pain and suffering to your claim amount against Cardenas Markets, you could wonder what injuries would warrant this compensation. Most people only consider minor scrapes or bruises from a slip and fall incident. However, the injuries sustained in a Cardenas Markets slip and fall accident can be severe and include:
- Broken or fractured bones
- Spinal cord damage
- Facial injuries to the skin, nose, eyes, ears, mouth, and teeth
- Complete joint dislocations or damage to the soft tissue of the joints
- Severe lacerations or puncture wounds often include internal bleeding or damage to internal organs
- Soft tissue or nerve damage
- Head injuries ranging from a concussion or skull fracture to a brain contusion or hemorrhage, or other traumatic brain injury
Any of these injuries could be life-altering to the victim and their loved ones. In addition, many face months of costly and painful medical treatment, excessive medical bills, financial hardships, increased stress, anxiety, and depression due to their Cardenas Markets slip and fall accident injuries.
When Can I File A Cardenas Markets Slip And Fall Accident Injury Lawsuit?
As a personal injury victim in California, you have two years from the date of the injuries to file a claim against Cardenas Markets. If the case is not filed with the court in that time, you will typically lose the right to seek compensation for that incident. However, you can file the case as soon after the incident as you and your Cardenas Markets slip and fall accident injury lawyer would like.
Why Choose A DTLA Law Group Cardenas Markets Slip And Fall Accident Injury Lawyer?
When you work with the caring and dedicated team at DTLA Law Group, you never need to worry about upfront legal fees or how to pay for the lawsuit that will get you the compensation you deserve for your injuries. The policy at this law firm is to provide the highest quality legal services to every client without charging any fees until the case is completed. We get paid only after you have the settlement or verdict funds needed to pay your legal and other expenses. And if we fail to win your case, you owe us nothing.
Please get in touch with DTLA Law Group today to learn more about protecting your rights and financial future. Our Cardenas Markets slip and fall accident injury lawyer will explain the entire process if you have reason to seek compensation through a Cardenas Markets injury lawsuit. And we will handle every aspect of the case for you so that you can focus on healing and regaining your independence and financial stability.