The Hollywood and Highland Mall has been a fixture in the community for many years. Residents and guests to the area frequent this shopping extravaganza to see and purchase the latest fashions while enjoying a great meal and taking in many entertainment options at this venue. But as with everything, it was time for progress to step in with a new name and updated features and functions of the space. The new name of the Hollywood and Highland Mall is now Ovation Hollywood.
Another reason for this image update and new name could be to distance the facility from past incidents that had patrons questioning the safety of the mall. Everything from Hollywood and Highland Mall escalator accidents, assault and battery incidents at Hollywood and Highland Mall, and even sexual assaults at the Hollywood and Highland Mall can be found when you search recent news articles from the area. Sadly, even with the modernization and new name for the facility, there is still a significant demand for quality Hollywood and Highland Mall slip and fall lawyers to handle the many incidents that continue to occur in this location.
If you or a family member has recently suffered a slip and fall injury at what is now known as Ovation Hollywood, the staff at DTLA Law Group is ready to help you understand your rights as a personal injury victim and how to protect yourself. While our list of successes does not include too many cases with the name Ovation Hollywood listed in the details, the ownership is still the same as when DTLA Law Group won many cases for other injury victims as their Hollywood and Highland Mall slip and fall lawyer. And we will provide the same expertise and dedication to your lawsuit.
Don’t hesitate to get in touch with the DTLA Law Group today for the answers you need related to your slip and fall incident. We are here 24/7 and will happily schedule you for a free consultation with a DTLA Law Group Hollywood and Highland Mall slip and fall lawyer to determine if you have grounds for a Hollywood and Highland Mall slip and fall lawsuit.
The Well-Known Causes Of Slip And Fall, Trip And Fall, And Tourist Injuries At Hollywood And Highland Mall/Ovation Hollywood
Sadly, the accidents suffered by tourists and residents at the Hollywood and Highland Mall are often due to the lack of care provided by the mall staff. Most of the Hollywood and Highland Mall slip and fall injury incidents and Hollywood and Highland Mall tourist injuries can be traced back to simple risks that a dedicated staff could have eliminated. These safety concerns include things like:
- Puddles of water on the floor or a walkway outdoors that could have been created by a drink spill, damaged water line, faulty sprinkler, or leaking cooler or refrigerator – the common theme is that the staff should have noticed the issue and either eliminated it or placed a caution sign to alert patrons of the increased slip and fall hazard
- Loose or damaged carpet in the mall or one of the stores or damaged, folded, or missing floor mats at the mall entrance or the entrance to a store, restaurant, or entertainment venue in the mall
- Walkways and aisles in the mall or stores that are cluttered with displays, stacked merchandise, or kiosks that limit the walking space and a shopper’s ability to see and avoid slip and fall hazards on the floor or ground
- Poorly marked or unmarked transitions from one flooring surface to another or one elevation to another – steps or ramps need to be marked for customer safety
- Missing or damaged safety hand railings at steps or ramps
- Damaged flooring surfaces
- Electrical cords, hoses, or other obstructions in walkways that are not marked with a caution sign
- Trash, litter, or debris on the floor that should have been placed in a proper trash receptacle
- Merchandise that has fallen from a display but was not removed from the floor
- Damaged merchandise packaging that allows items to spill or leak onto the floor, creating an increased trip and fall or slip and fall risk
The sad part of these Hollywood and Highland Mall slip and fall injury accidents is that many victims could have been spared the pain and losses if mall staff had only provided the required level of care to ensure the safety of patrons to the Hollywood and Highland Mall/Ovation Hollywood.
How Is To Blame For Your Hollywood and Highland Mall Slip And Fall Injuries?
Figuring out who is responsible for your Hollywood and Highland Mall slip and fall incident will hinge on a discussion about duty of care and the obligation of a business owner to provide a safe environment for customers. Legally, duty of care defines the maintenance required at the same level that the average person would demonstrate. For example, the average person would remove ice from a floor to prevent it from melting and creating a slip and fall hazard. Anyone responsible for maintenance and housekeeping at Hollywood and Highland Mall should provide that same level of care.
But where your incident becomes more complex is deciding who was the responsible party. In a setting like Hollywood and Highland Mall, there are many people and businesses working in a single venue. So the list of responsible parties could include:
- Mall maintenance staff
- Mall security staff
- Landscape staff at the mall
- Employees of the store where you slipped and fell
- A construction company working at the mall
- Or even the team that designed the mall or built it if the safety issue dates back to the construction or renovation of the mall
However, you do not need to worry about this complex issue as your Hollywood and Highland Mall slip and fall lawyer will handle determining if you have reason to sue and whom to sue for your Hollywood and Highland Mall slip and fall injuries.
What Is My Hollywood and Highland Mall Slip And Fall Lawsuit Worth?
Personal injury lawsuit values are determined on a case by case basis using the expenses incurred by the victim. Your Hollywood and Highland Mall slip and fall lawyer will work with you to compile all the costs that can be included in the claim in the following categories:
- All medical expenses related to the Hollywood and Highland Mall slip and fall incident
- The legal fees for your Hollywood and Highland Mall slip and fall lawsuit and representation by DTLA Law Group
- The replacement cost of any personal property damaged or destroyed in the incident
- The amount of your lost wages if the injuries you suffered prevented you from working during your recovery
It is also common to include a dollar amount for pain and suffering when the injuries are severe. Your Hollywood and Highland Mall slip and fall lawyer will provide expert guidance on selecting an amount suitable for your injuries based on previous case experience.
Common Injuries Sustained In A Hollywood and Highland Mall Slip And Fall Incident
Unfortunately, many of the injuries patrons suffer at Hollywood and Highland Mall/Ovation Hollywood are very serious and can be life-altering. Some of the more common injuries include:
- Fractured or broken bones
- Spinal cord damage
- Facial injuries to the skin, nose, eyes, ears, mouth, or teeth
- Complete joint dislocations or damage to the connective tissue of the joints
- Soft tissue and nerve damage
- Severe lacerations or puncture wounds with injuries to internal organs or internal bleeding
- Injuries to the head, including a skull fracture, concussion, brain hemorrhage or contusion, or other traumatic brain injuries
In addition to enduring these physical injuries, many victims face added trauma due to extreme financial hardships, excessive medical expenses, money-related stress, inability to work, anxiety, and depression. And in most cases, all of these damages and this severe harm could have been avoided if everyone working at the Hollywood and Highland Mall had followed the simple duty of care guidelines to ensure the safety of customers and guests at the venue.
When Can I File A Hollywood and Highland Mall Slip And Fall Lawsuit?
You and your Hollywood and Highland Mall slip and fall lawyer have the right to file your claim against Hollywood and Highland Mall for your slip and fall injuries as soon after the incident as you choose. The only time constraint is that the claim must be filed within the Statute of Limitations two years from the date of the injuries. If you wait over two years to file the claim, it will be denied in most situations.
Do I Need A DTLA Law Group Hollywood And Highland Mall Slip And Fall Lawyer?
The simple fact is that cases handled by a DTLA Law Group Hollywood And Highland Mall slip and fall lawyer deliver the most robust settlements and verdicts to the victim. Our decades of combined experience and expertise in these cases allow us to secure the full and fair compensation you deserve. In addition, we never charge any upfront legal fees or expenses. So you only pay our fees after you have the settlement or verdict money to cover these costs. And if we fail to win your case, you owe us nothing. So please get in touch with DTLA Law Group today to discuss your case with a skilled Hollywood And Highland Mall slip and fall lawyer at your earliest convenience.