A recall has been issued for Horizon T101-05 Treadmills by Johnson Health Tech. The recall involves around 192,000 treadmills, which were sold under model names T101-05 China and T101-05 Vietnam, with serial numbers that start with TM734 and TM486. There is a defect that may cause the treadmill to stop, accelerate, or change speed without warning, which can cause the user to fall. So far, there are close to 900 incidents of the treadmills unexpectedly changing speed or stopping, with 71 reports of injuries, such as broken bones.
Those who are affected by the recall can contact Johnson Health Tech for a free USB that’s programmed with a software repair, which the consumer can install on their own. That is probably a sufficient remedy if you haven’t been injured, but is this enough for someone that’s had an accident? We don’t think so, which is why we urge you to contact us for a free case review. You may be entitled to medical expenses, missed wages from work, pain and suffering, and other forms of compensation from the manufacturer. If you are eligible for an injury claim, we will take immediate action on your case and fight tirelessly to secure the settlement you deserve.
Treadmill Accident Injuries
Exercise equipment accidents are very common, and in many of these cases, the manufacturer is to blame for a design flaw or mechanical defect. Even a minor issue can lead to injuries for the user, such as:
Steps You Should Take after an Accident
- Cuts, abrasions, and bruises
- Ankle or wrist sprain
- Broken bones
- Fractures in the hands, feet, knees, ribs, hip, and other areas of the body
- Dislocated joints
- Soft tissue injuries
- Damage to the internal organs
- Neck and/or spinal cord injury
- Concussion and other forms of traumatic brain injury
- Nerve damage
- Chronic pain
Now, let’s talk about the actions you should take if you’ve had an accident on one of these treadmills. That way, you can give yourself the best chance of succeeding in an accident claim against Johnson Health Tech:
- Try to take photos of your injuries and the accident scene right away, which will serve as valuable evidence.
- Get contact information from anyone that saw your accident, since they can provide you with a witness statement.
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible to ensure that you have medical records to prove the harm you’ve suffered from your accident.
- Call the manufacturer to report your accident, but say no if they offer to repair the product or ask for a recorded statement.
- Save any evidence that’s related to your accident, like the damaged product, the shoes and clothes you were wearing during the incident, witness statements, and medical records.
- Consult a lawyer experienced in recalled product injury claims to learn about your rights and legal options.
Can I File a Class Action Lawsuit if I’ve been Injured by this Product?
Due to the number of people that have been harmed by these treadmills, you may have found yourself asking, “How can I join a class action lawsuit on this case?” Fortunately, exploring your legal options is easy; just give us a call and ask to speak with a class action lawyer. During a free case review, you can learn about all the legal actions you can pursue, including personal injury claims and mass torts. We look forward to advising you and helping you decide on the best course of action.
Free Legal Service Under the Zero Fee Guarantee
No accident victim should have to choose between paying their bills and hiring a lawyer to represent their interests. That’s why you will never pay upfront when you choose DTLA Law Group. We get paid at the end of your case when you receive payment from the manufacturer. That’s the only way we get paid, meaning if we fail to win your case, you won’t be billed for any legal fees.
As you can see, there’s no risk in taking some time to learn about the legal process from one of our attorneys. We have decades of experience in the recovery of defective product injury settlements, and know what it takes to bring you maximum payment from the manufacturer. Contact us today to schedule a free case evaluation.