Active Sports Wakeboard Bindings Recall Class Action Lawsuit
The CTRL Imperial Wakeboard Bindings by Active Sports was recalled by the manufacturer on March 2, 2023. Around 850 units of these bindings are involved in the recall, and Active Sports is in the process of reaching out to all known customers. The binding, which comprises of a boot that attaches to the baseplate, may detach from the heel. Another possibility is that the external binding mount may crack and come apart from the wakeboard. Either situation can cause the user to fall off the wakeboard as they lose their balance.
The recalled bindings were sold in black or white under the following model numbers: WKBCTIMP0419, WKBCTIMP04WH20, WKBCTIMP0619 and WKBCTIMP06WH20.
Active Sports has advised consumers to stop using the bindings immediately. They are offering a refund or a replacement product to customers that reach out to them directly. However, there have been 21 complaints so far of these bindings detaching from the baseplate or the binding mount. Clearly, there is a high potential for injury from this product. As an accident victim, you may have the right to claim monetary compensation from the manufacturer. For more information on filing a recalled product injury claim, contact our law firm at your earliest convenience.
Wakeboarding can be a dangerous sport, even if you have been riding wakeboards for a long period of time. While practice and training can help prevent most injuries, there’s no way to prepare for an accident that’s caused by a defective product. Injuries from a defective wakeboard binding include:
- Cuts and abrasions
- Ligament tears
- Broken bones and fractures
- Injuries from drowning – respiratory distress, cardiac arrest, brain damage, etc.
To have a successful case against the manufacturer, we recommend the following steps if you’ve had an accident that resulted in one or more injuries:
- Take photos of any visible injuries and damage to your wakeboard as evidence of the harm that was caused by the product.
- Obtain witness statements if anyone saw the accident or ask for their contact information.
- Get medical treatment as soon as possible.
- Let the manufacturer know about the accident, but say no if they offer a replacement product or refund.
- Keep your medical records, along with other evidence (witness statements, the damaged product, proof of lost income, etc.) in a safe place.
- Learn about your rights and legal options from an experienced recall lawyer.
If you or someone you know was harmed by this product, you may have found yourself asking, “Is there a class action lawsuit on this case?” While there is no class action or mass tort lawsuit on this case right now, this is likely to change, considering the number of people that may have been injured. If you are interested in learning more about class action claims and the other legal actions that are available to you, call us to schedule a free case review with a class action lawyer.Consultation with an Experienced Product Recall Lawyer
Our law firm is committed to the rights of accident victims, who are often taken advantage of by product manufacturers whenever a major recall is involved. What drives us is bringing justice to injured consumers and ensuring that they have the needed funds to move forward from their accident.
You never have to worry about legal fees when you choose DTLA Law Group to represent you. All of our expenses are covered by the manufacturer as a part of your settlement award. That means we only get paid by recovering your settlement award. If we don’t win your case, you owe us nothing under the Zero Fee Guarantee.
To get started on a defective product injury claim, call us to schedule a free case evaluation.
Other Pages on Our Website Related to This Topic
Surf 9 Paddle Board Recall Class Action Lawsuit
BLU3 Tankless Diving Systems Recall Class Action Lawsuit
KTM North America Motorcycles Recall Class Action Lawsuit
Over $500 Million Recovered
for Our Clients
YOU Deserve the Best
Free Case Review 24/7
You Don’t Pay unless we win
By submitting this form, you agree to receive telephone calls and text messages at anytime, which include hours outside of business hours (8:00 am PST – 9:00 pm PST). This is so that we may reach you as soon as possible in order to consult on your potential case.
– Santa Clarita Personal Injury Lawyers
– Santa Barbara Personal Injury Attorneys
– Santa Maria Personal Injury Attorneys
– Redondo Beach Personal Injury Attorneys
– Rialto Personal Injury Attorneys
– San Marcos personal injury attorneys
– Rancho Cucamonga Personal Injury Lawyers
– Pomona Personal Injury Attorneys
– Redlands Personal Injury Lawyers
– Ontario personal injury lawyers
– Lake Elsinore Personal Injury Attorneys
– La Habra Personal Injury Lawyers
– Lakewood Personal Injury Lawyers
– Indio personal injury lawyers
– Irvine personal injury attorneys
– Glendale personal injury attorneys
– Highland personal injury attorneys
– Huntington Park personal injury lawyers
– Corona personal injury lawyers
– El Cajon personal injury attorneys
– Costa Mesa personal injury attorneys
– Compton personal injury lawyers
– Chino Personal Injury Attorneys
– Chula Vista Personal Injury Attorneys
– Baldwin Park Personal Injury Attorneys
– Bellflower Personal Injury Lawyers
– Anaheim personal injury lawyers
– Prisoner Personal Injury Attorney