On December 22, 2022, KTM North America issued a recall on the GASGAS Off-Road Motorcycles. The recall involves GASGAS MC 250 closed course competition motorcycles from model year 2022. The bikes were sold in red and white at GASGAS Motorcycle dealers throughout the United States. According to KTM, the motorcycles may have an incorrectly programmed CDI box that can cause engine failure and lead to a collision or another serious accident.
Consumers should stop riding the bikes immediately, and KTM is in the process of reaching out to all known purchases. As a remedy, they are offering a free repair service to replace the CDI box. But what if you’ve had an accident on one of these bikes? You may be entitled to monetary damages through a defective product lawsuit, which we can discuss with you during a free consultation.
Common Injuries from a Motorcycle Accident
Any glitches with the engine can cause the motorcycle to suddenly stop while it’s in use. Crashes or being thrown off the bike can lead to severe injuries, such as:
- Concussion / traumatic brain injury
- Deep lacerations
- Broken bones
- Hip fracture
- Ruptured or punctured internal organs
- Tearing of the ligaments, muscles, and tendons
- Permanent skin damage (from cuts, burns, etc.)
- Dislocation in the shoulder, elbows, and knees
- Permanent nerve damage
- Loss of consciousness
Steps to Take if You’ve had a Motorcycle Accident
There are very specific steps you will need to follow if you have been injured by a defective vehicle. We’ve listed some helpful tips below to ensure that you can build a strong and solid case:
- Use your phone to capture images of your injuries and the accident scene, since these will serve as evidence in a lawsuit.
- If there are witnesses, get their contact info so that you can obtain a statement from them later.
- Seek medical treatment right away so that you have proof of the injuries you’ve sustained.
- Report your accident to the manufacturer, but don’t agree to a refund or free repair, and say no if they ask for a recorded statement.
- Start a collection of evidence, such as your medical records, the clothing you were wearing at the time of the accident, witness statements, and proof of lost wages.
- Get legal advice from a product recall lawyer that’s experienced in motorcycle accidents.
How Do I Join a Class Action Lawsuit on this Case?
Class action and mass tort lawsuits are often associated with product recalls, since there are likely to be many victims who have suffered from the same issues. However, these actions are complicated to initiate on your own, so you should contact our office right away if you are interested in joining a class action on this case. Along with the process to file a class action claim, we can discuss any other questions or concerns that are on your mind. Give us a call at our office to speak with a class action lawsuit lawyer.
Lawyer Experienced in Product Recall Injury Cases
Going for a motorcycle ride shouldn’t result in a devastating accident, but that’s precisely what can happen when a manufacturer fails in their duty of care to produce a safe product. As an accident victim of a defective motorcycle, we can help you take action against the manufacturer and receive justice in the form of monetary compensation.
Here at Normandie Law Firm, we work on contingency, so you won’t pay upfront if you decide to hire us. That means we are paid by the manufacturer at the same time you receive your settlement award. If we don’t win your case, you pay us absolutely nothing under the Zero Fee Guarantee. That means you can call us today and take immediate action on your case with no risk to your finances. For a free case evaluation with a motorcycle accident injury lawyer, contact us at your earliest convenience.