Truck drivers are often on the road for business, transporting goods and merchandise from company to company. They may be reckless after so many hours on the road, though. The companies that hire the drivers should be held liable for anything that happens to others as a result of the driver’s negligence. It is wise to file a lawsuit to receive compensation for your injuries if you were hit by a truck driver. Our team of Inglewood truck accident attorneys at the Downtown LA Law Group is the perfect choice for you.
Why Do Truck Accidents Happen?
Truck accidents can happen anywhere, from the freeway to residential roads, from the empty interstates in rural areas to the congested main thoroughfares in urban cities. All drivers on the road should be extremely careful and cautious when riding near trucks because of innate risks and dangers. For one, truck drivers have a larger blind spot on their vehicles, so they cannot see when people are riding alongside them. This is why there are usually signs posted on the backs of trucks that warn not to pass on the right and that the truck makes very wide turns. Besides the potential carelessness of fellow drivers, truck accidents can be attributed to the negligent action of the truck drivers themselves. Some examples include:
– Common Causes of Truck Accidents
- Texting, making phone calls, using a GPS, or otherwise using the phone while on the road; inattentive driving is one of the main and most prevalent causes of accidents
- Tired driving, which occurs when truck drivers are on the road for an excessive amount of hours, often to make deadlines and deliveries; however, there are laws that prohibit drivers from taking such long shifts
- Drunk driving, or using any drug or substance, as it can compromise decision making, reflexes, alertness, and more
- Speeding, especially on highways where the limit for trucks is usually 10 mph lower than it is for passenger vehicles
- Tailgating, or following too closely to other cars
- Running red lights and stop signs
- Ignoring right of way laws and proceeding through intersections
- Improper merging or turning, whether by not signaling, turning without looking, turning in front of oncoming traffic, and more
- Truck defects and maintenance errors, like uncovered or overly filled loads, lack of warning signs and hazard symbols, improperly filled tires, improper weight distribution, broken or unaffixed trailer and hitch, brake failure, and more
- Road conditions, like potholes, cracks, sharp turns, steep hills, hidden driveways, and more
- Weather, like snow, rain, storms, fog, and ice, all of which make it hard to see and control the truck
Learn more about your legal options: call (888) 649-7166 to speak with a representative now.
Although some of the causes are not directly the result of truck drivers being careless, they still need to exert caution at all times. In potentially dangerous conditions or in situations where it is safer to not drive, the truck driver should use his best judgment and not place anyone at risk. In the event of a crash, victims of truck accidents should take appropriate legal action. Our truck accident lawyers in Inglewood can assist you.
– Amazon Delivery Truck Accident
What Kind Of Injuries Can You Receive In Truck Crashes?
A truck accident can be extremely damaging, wrecking vehicles and resulting in fatalities. Thousands of individuals die each year in truck accidents, and many times, truck crashes lead to multiple impact crashes if the incidents happen on the freeway A truck may hit a vehicle and lose control, crashing into surrounding cars, causing others to be unable to stop or slow down in time.
– Santa Monica Truck Accident Attorney
Some of the injuries we have seen in truck crashes include:
- Broken bones and dislocations
- Sprains and strains
- Torn muscles and ligaments
- Nerve damage and CRPS
- Internal organ damage and internal bleeding
- Hip injuries
- Knee injuries
- Neck injuries like whiplash
- Spinal cord, lower back, and disc injuries
- Crushing and puncture wounds
- Abrasions, lacerations, gashes, cuts, bruises, and other bodily damage
- Severed digits and limbs
- Concussions, closed head injuries, brain damage, and traumatic brain injuries
- Paraplegia and quadriplegia
Top-Rated Santa Monica Truck Accident Lawyers – (888) 649-7166
– FedEX Truck Accident Cases
Your injuries should be properly treated. For the best medical help available, you can call our law offices. We will connect you with qualified medical professionals who will get to work on bringing you back to 100%. Your injuries should be fairly compensated, and our truck accident lawyers in Inglewood are here to help.
How Can I File A Lawsuit For A Truck Accident?
To file a lawsuit for a truck accident, you must prove that there was negligent action. All personal injury claims are based on negligence, which involves four points: the presence of a duty of care that was breached, which led to an accident and physical injuries. If even only one of these points is not true, the claim will fall apart and not succeed.
– 18 Wheeler crash lawyers
Your lawsuit should have adequate evidence showing that you were a victim and that the truck driver acted with negligence. Examples of evidence include:
- Medical receipts, doctor’s notes, and anything else showing that you received treatment
- Photos of your injuries
- Pictures of the damage done to your car and the truck, as well as any photos of the environment or scene of the accident
- Surveillance footage or dashboard camera videos
- Eyewitness testimonies
- Copy of the police report
– Truck Accident Frequently Asked Question
It is important that you get some kind of medical help immediately after an accident so that your claim does not suffer and so that your health is kept in check. You do not want to have any lasting damages because you hesitated to get treatment. Further, if the insurance agent hears or earns that you were not pursuing treatment at once, he may believe that the injuries were not serious or were caused by another incident.
Find out more about how we can help you. Call (888) 649-7166 to speak with a representative now.
You should also make sure to write down the insurance information and contact details of the truck driver so you have the right party to sue. You can take down his business name as well; the business will likely be responsible for his actions. Once all your evidence has been gathered, you should reach out to a truck accident attorney in Inglewood to handle your claim for you. We will be able to send the package and demand letter to the insurance agency so you will get the maximum settlement available. Our lawyers are negotiating experts and we will work around the clock to secure you a fair deal.
– Palmdale truck accident attorneys
What Can I Win In A Truck Accident Claim?
The different types of compensation you can win in a truck accident claim will vary according to the damages you suffered. The insurance agent will likely try to make a very small offer and expect you to accept it, but you should not settle for anything less than what you deserve. This is where our lawyers come in: we will negotiate a better idea with the agent and we will not give up until we are satisfied with the results. You may be able to receive the following:
- Coverage of medical bills for hospitalization, medication and drugs, physical rehabilitation, and future treatments
- Reimbursement of lost wages from your job, as well as future missed income from recovery time and treatments
- Payment for property damage and any personal belongings that were harmed
- Restitution for pain and suffering, or emotional trauma, PTSD, anxiety, fear, psychological scarring, and more
You also have the ability to pursue punitive damages if the party were especially negligent or deliberately attempted to hurt you. These damages are meant to punish the defendant and prevent him from doing the same action again. They are hard to win, though, as many judges view them as excessive.
– Who’s at Fault for Truck Accident
You can also potentially win wrongful death expenses for a deceased loved one, which can cover funeral and burial fees, loss of consortium, loss of expected income and expenses, pre-death medical bills and pain and suffering, and more.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form or call (888) 649-7166 today.
If you attempt to file a claim by yourself, the insurance agent may throw your claim out. You may be very stressed and not be able to deal with the lawsuit. Our Inglewood truck crash attorneys have the ability to walk you through the legal process and represent you so that your compensation is maximized.
How Long Do I Have To File A Claim For A Truck Accident?
You only have a time limit of 2 years from the date of the injury to file a lawsuit against the responsible truck driver or business if you were hurt in an accident. The two-year limit is in place to ensure that claims are filed smoothly and efficiently. It is in your best interest to sue as quickly as you can to preserve your evidence. If you wait too long, there is an increased risk of corrupted evidence and defendants who have left the state.
Learn more about your options for compensation by calling (888) 649-7166.
There are a few exceptions to this statute of limitations, though. The first is the age of the plaintiff, which allows minors to wait until they turn 18 years old to sue; the statute would start on their birthday. Another is the physical or mental health of the plaintiff; if either is compromised, the statute can start once the plaintiff returns to functionality. Also, the defendant must be present in the state to be sued. If he is gone, the statute is paused until he returns. To ensure that you do not miss a single deadline, use our truck accident attorneys in Inglewood to represent you. We’ll have everything submitted on time and you will not run the risk of missing out on your fair compensation.
– Pasadena truck accident lawyers
The Best Firm in Town
The Downtown LA Law Group has a history of successfully winning millions for its clients. We know how to negotiate the best terms of a claim and will not give up on our clients. We place our clients first and treat you like family. We will relentlessly hunt for your rightful restitution, and we will present your case in front of a judge and jury if necessary. We aim to defend your rights and will do all we can for you to be totally covered after a truck accident. Don’t wait to call us for a free legal consultation. All consultations are private and nothing personal will be shared outside of our offices. We will be glad to answer all of your queries and tell you what we believe we can win for you. If you hire us for your case, we’ll grant you our zero fee guarantee, a promise that we won’t get paid unless and until we win. The payment will come out of the settlement we win for you, and if we lose, we ask for no payment at all. You will not touch your finances throughout the case. For the most experienced truck accident lawyers in Inglewood, contact the Downtown LA Law Group at once.