How many times have you seen a cluster of electric scooters on sidewalks? To many, these clusters of scooters-or nests-are an eyesore. For many others, they represent convenient alternative methods of transportation that can quickly get them from point A to point B. Many of these scooters are Bird scooters. Bird was founded in the summer of 2017 as a sustainable transportation option for some of the most congested and popular areas. Bird scooters provide members of the community with quick access to rental scooters. Without having to worry about returning the scooters to designated docks or charging stations, scooter riders with effective last-mile transportation options. Although Bird has been very successful, the dangers of electric scooters have overshadowed the company’s success. Many people have been involved in accidents while riding electric scooters, including Bird scooters. Were you involved in an accident while riding an electric Bird scooter? Did your Bird scooter accident result in injuries? If your Bird scooter accident resulted in injuries, you might have many questions-especially questions regarding the value of your claim. For answers to all your questions and a thorough evaluation of your Bird accident claim, you must seek legal assistance immediately. If you would like to discuss your Bird accident with our attorneys and discuss the potential value of a Bird scooter accident case, you must contact Downtown LA Law Group at your earliest convenience. Downtown LA Law Group is a personal injury law firm dedicated to helping victims and their family members recover the compensation that they deserve. Although Bird scooter injury claims are fairly recent to the legal field, our attorneys are prepared to handle your claim and help you reach a successful claim outcome. If you are ready to begin your legal process against Bird after your scooter accident, you must contact our attorneys at Downtown LA Law Group.
Bird Accident Claims FAQs
As mentioned above, you might have many questions regarding the potential value of your scooter accident claim. Our law firm is often approached with victims of Bird scooter accidents with some of the following questions:
- How much is a Bird injury lawsuit accident worth?
- How much is a case of a victim getting injured by a Bird scooter worth?
- How much is my case worth if I was injured while riding a Bird scooter?
- What is the average value of a Bird Scooter injury case?
- What details affect the settlement amounts for Bird scooter accident cases?
As you can see, many of these questions revolve around the value of a claim. Unfortunately, personal injury accidents, such as scooter accidents, can often lead to a variety of unexpected financial struggles. For instance, any injuries suffered could lead to medical bills. Injuries can also affect a person’s ability to work to pay off these medical bills and normal everyday expenses. Over time, bills can accumulate and leave victims and their family members in unimaginable debt.
– Average Value of a Lime Scooter Accident
At Downtown LA Law Group, our attorneys understand your situation. Although helping you fight to recover the compensation that you deserve cannot reverse the harm caused by your scooter accident, it can help you and your family to overcome some of the sudden financial difficulties that resulted from the accident. More information regarding the potential value of your Bird scooter injury claim can be found below.
Find out more about how we can help you. Call (888) 649-7166 to speak with a representative now.
The Factors that affect the Value of Your Bird Injury Claim
What are the average settlements for Bird scooter injury lawsuits? A Bird scooter injury case can be worth much more or much less than you might have assumed. The truth of the matter is that the value of your Bird scooter accident claim can vary depending on the details of your accident. Some of the factors must be thoroughly evaluated to determine the value of your Bird scooter injury claim are discussed below:
- The injuries you sustained – all injuries suffered during personal injury accidents are associated with specific values. Minor injuries could be worth up to $25,000, while moderate injuries could be worth up to $75,000. Consider some of the most common injuries caused by scooter accidents; foot and ankle injuries can be worth tens of thousands of dollars and sometimes hundreds of thousands of dollars. Victims of Bird scooter injuries could suffer many more injuries besides foot and ankle injuries; therefore, the value associated with their injuries can significantly increase the potential value of their claims.
- Whether you were comparatively negligent – a victim’s comparative negligence can also affect the value of a claim. If a victim’s negligent actions led to the accident and his or her injuries, the victim will likely be found comparatively negligent. For instance, if you were struck by a Bird scooter after you jumped into the bike lane to avoid a hazard on the sidewalk, you might be found comparatively negligent. Comparative negligence is established with percentages; therefore, the value of your claim (or the compensation that you could recover) would be decreased by the percentage you were found to be comparatively negligent.
- The insurance policy limits that apply – the value of your scooter injury claim could also be affected by the insurance policy limits that apply to your claim. A policy limit is the maximum amount of coverage available or the maximum amount of damages that a claimant could recover. If a policy limit is too low, the victim might not be eligible to recover the full value of their claim. What policy limit applies to your claim against Bird? Unfortunately, because Bird is self-insured, information about their insurance is virtually unavailable to the public.
In addition to the factors listed above, there are many other factors that could affect the value of your claim against Bird. If you would like to further discuss the details that could affect the value of your scooter injury claim against Bird Scooter, you must contact the attorneys at Downtown LA Law Group. Our attorneys will provide you with all the information you need to file a successful claim against Bird.
Sample Verdicts and Settlements
There have not been enough scooter injury claims against Bird; therefore, there is not enough data to establish the average settlement value of a Bird Scooter injury claim. However, consider the following sample claim values:
- $22,000 – the victim suffered a strained hand that caused severe pain.
- $80,000 -the victim suffered an accident which resulted in a broken right wrist.
- $88,600 -the victim was riding a mini scooter (illegally) when he was involved in an accident with a police vehicle. The victim sustained a severe foot injury.
If you would like more information about the average payout for claims with similar injuries as your Bird scooter accident claim, you must contact the attorneys at Downtown LA Law Group as soon as possible.
– Lime Defective Scooters
The Compensation Available for Your Bird Injury Case
What is the average compensation that you could receive for your Bird scooter injury claim? As mentioned above, there are many factors that could affect the Bird accident case settlements that victims of Bird scooter accidents could receive. Although only an attorney experienced in Bird electric scooter injury lawsuit settlement amounts, you should be familiar with the following categories of compensation:
- Medical expenses
- Lost income
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Punitive damages
Regardless of the details of your claim and the compensation that you could receive, the attorneys at Downtown LA Law Group will consistently fight for your right to recover the maximum amount of compensation available for your claim. As previously mentioned, our attorneys have a thorough understanding of how your scooter accident has impacted your life financially. Because of that, they are committed to helping you recover the compensation that is rightfully yours. If you would like to discuss the compensation that you might receive for your claim, you must contact our attorneys as soon as possible.
Learn more about your options for compensation by calling (888) 649-7166.
What to do after a Bird Scooter Accident
Without a doubt, recovering compensation for your claim is essential. However, to remain eligible to receive compensation, you must follow the appropriate steps immediately after your accident. Some of the most important steps you must follow after your accident are listed below:
- Evaluate your situation. How serious is the accident? How serious are your injuries? If you can move safely, you should get to a safe location away from oncoming traffic.
- Take pictures. The pictures that you take should include the scene of the accident, the damage sustained by the scooter, and your injuries (if your injuries are visible).
- Collect witness information. If there were any witnesses to your scooter accident, you should gather their information for later reference. In many cases, witness testimonies are essential to reaching a successful claim outcome.
- Contact the local authorities. If another vehicle was involved in your Bird scooter accident, it is essential that you file an accident report. The accident report will be an essential piece of evidence.
- Seek medical attention. Treating your injuries as soon as possible is essential to the outcome of your claim. You must seek medical attention regardless of the types of injuries that you sustained in your accident.
- Report the accident to Bird. Through the mobile application, you must contact the company and inform them of your accident. You should be wary of the information that you reveal as anything you reveal can be used against you and your claim.
- Seek legal assistance. You must contact an experienced attorney as soon as possible.
– Los Angeles Bird Scooter Injury Attorneys
If you believe that your Bird scooter accident was caused by a defective product, you must also follow these additional steps to preserve your right to file a product liability claim against Bird:
- Keep the defective scooter. In product liability claims, the defective product is the most important piece of evidence. Therefore, you must try to take the defective scooter to your house for safe-keeping. If you cannot keep the defective scooter, you should take many pictures highlighting the defect that caused your accident and your injuries.
- Leave the scooter as it is. If you take the defective scooter home for safe-keeping, it could be tempting to tamper with the defect or even try to repair it. If you alter anything in the scooter, you will destroy your main piece of evidence. To prevent Bird from claiming that you created the defect, you must ensure that the scooter’s defect is preserved.
If you do everything listed above, you should not encounter any difficulties when attempting to file a claim and recover compensation. For more information about the rest of the process to file your Bird scooter accident claim, you must contact our law firm as soon as possible.
– Things to Know after a Bird Scooter Accident
Downtown LA Law Group-Bird Scooter Accident Lawyers
If you are ready to pursue your claim against Bird, you must contact the experienced Bird scooter accident lawyers at Downtown LA Law Group as soon as possible. You could benefit from our free consultations and our free second opinions. During our free consultations and free second opinions, our experienced attorneys will be available to answer all your questions, address your concerns, and guide your Bird scooter injury claim towards a successful outcome. You could benefit from our legal assistance even if your claim has been previously affected by the incompetence of another attorney. These free legal services are available as part of our Zero-Fee guarantee. Our Zero-Fee guarantee ensures that our clients never have to worry about paying any upfront legal fees. Our strict contingency status also ensures that our clients do not have to pay anything until after our attorneys win their claims. If you would like to discuss your Bird scooter accident claim with our lawyers, you must contact us immediately.