Bird Accident Claims FAQsAs mentioned above, you might have many questions regarding the potential value of your scooter accident claim. Our law firm is often approached with victims of Bird scooter accidents with some of the following questions:
- How much is a Bird injury lawsuit accident worth?
- How much is a case of a victim getting injured by a Bird scooter worth?
- How much is my case worth if I was injured while riding a Bird scooter?
- What is the average value of a Bird Scooter injury case?
- What details affect the settlement amounts for Bird scooter accident cases?
Find out more about how we can help you. CHAT LIVE with a representative now.
The Factors that affect the Value of Your Bird Injury ClaimWhat are the average settlements for Bird scooter injury lawsuits? A Bird scooter injury case can be worth much more or much less than you might have assumed. The truth of the matter is that the value of your Bird scooter accident claim can vary depending on the details of your accident. Some of the factors must be thoroughly evaluated to determine the value of your Bird scooter injury claim are discussed below:
- The injuries you sustained – all injuries suffered during personal injury accidents are associated with specific values. Minor injuries could be worth up to $25,000, while moderate injuries could be worth up to $75,000. Consider some of the most common injuries caused by scooter accidents; foot and ankle injuries can be worth tens of thousands of dollars and sometimes hundreds of thousands of dollars. Victims of Bird scooter injuries could suffer many more injuries besides foot and ankle injuries; therefore, the value associated with their injuries can significantly increase the potential value of their claims.
- Whether you were comparatively negligent – a victim’s comparative negligence can also affect the value of a claim. If a victim’s negligent actions led to the accident and his or her injuries, the victim will likely be found comparatively negligent. For instance, if you were struck by a Bird scooter after you jumped into the bike lane to avoid a hazard on the sidewalk, you might be found comparatively negligent. Comparative negligence is established with percentages; therefore, the value of your claim (or the compensation that you could recover) would be decreased by the percentage you were found to be comparatively negligent.
- The insurance policy limits that apply – the value of your scooter injury claim could also be affected by the insurance policy limits that apply to your claim. A policy limit is the maximum amount of coverage available or the maximum amount of damages that a claimant could recover. If a policy limit is too low, the victim might not be eligible to recover the full value of their claim. What policy limit applies to your claim against Bird? Unfortunately, because Bird is self-insured, information about their insurance is virtually unavailable to the public.
Sample Verdicts and SettlementsThere have not been enough scooter injury claims against Bird; therefore, there is not enough data to establish the average settlement value of a Bird Scooter injury claim. However, consider the following sample claim values:
- $22,000 – the victim suffered a strained hand that caused severe pain.
- $80,000 -the victim suffered an accident which resulted in a broken right wrist.
- $88,600 -the victim was riding a mini scooter (illegally) when he was involved in an accident with a police vehicle. The victim sustained a severe foot injury.
The Compensation Available for Your Bird Injury CaseWhat is the average compensation that you could receive for your Bird scooter injury claim? As mentioned above, there are many factors that could affect the Bird accident case settlements that victims of Bird scooter accidents could receive. Although only an attorney experienced in Bird electric scooter injury lawsuit settlement amounts, you should be familiar with the following categories of compensation:
- Medical expenses
- Lost income
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Punitive damages
Learn more about your options for compensation by calling (213) 389-3765.
What to do after a Bird Scooter AccidentWithout a doubt, recovering compensation for your claim is essential. However, to remain eligible to receive compensation, you must follow the appropriate steps immediately after your accident. Some of the most important steps you must follow after your accident are listed below:
- Evaluate your situation. How serious is the accident? How serious are your injuries? If you can move safely, you should get to a safe location away from oncoming traffic.
- Take pictures. The pictures that you take should include the scene of the accident, the damage sustained by the scooter, and your injuries (if your injuries are visible).
- Collect witness information. If there were any witnesses to your scooter accident, you should gather their information for later reference. In many cases, witness testimonies are essential to reaching a successful claim outcome.
- Contact the local authorities. If another vehicle was involved in your Bird scooter accident, it is essential that you file an accident report. The accident report will be an essential piece of evidence.
- Seek medical attention. Treating your injuries as soon as possible is essential to the outcome of your claim. You must seek medical attention regardless of the types of injuries that you sustained in your accident.
- Report the accident to Bird. Through the mobile application, you must contact the company and inform them of your accident. You should be wary of the information that you reveal as anything you reveal can be used against you and your claim.
- Seek legal assistance. You must contact an experienced attorney as soon as possible.
- Keep the defective scooter. In product liability claims, the defective product is the most important piece of evidence. Therefore, you must try to take the defective scooter to your house for safe-keeping. If you cannot keep the defective scooter, you should take many pictures highlighting the defect that caused your accident and your injuries.
- Leave the scooter as it is. If you take the defective scooter home for safe-keeping, it could be tempting to tamper with the defect or even try to repair it. If you alter anything in the scooter, you will destroy your main piece of evidence. To prevent Bird from claiming that you created the defect, you must ensure that the scooter’s defect is preserved.