The Importance of Your Lime Claim’s ValueOur law firm is often approached with many of the following questions regarding the potential value of Lime scooter injury claims:
- Can I receive compensation if I am injured in a Lime scooter accident?
- How much is a Lime injury lawsuit accident worth?
- How much is a case of a victim getting injured by a Lime scooter worth ?
- How much is my case worth if I was injured while riding a Lime scooter?
- What is the value of a Lime scooter accident case?
- What factors affect the average payout that injured victims could receive?
How is the Value of Your Lime Claim Determined?What is the average settlement value of a Lime Scooter injury claim? Unfortunately, there have not been enough concluded Lime scooter injury claims yet; therefore, it is nearly impossible to establish the average settlements for Lime scooter injury lawsuits. Although there is not a clear value for Lime accident case settlements, you could better understand the potential value of your claim with information regarding how claim values are determined. The value of your Lime scooter accident claim will likely be affected by the following factors:
- Injuries-the injuries you suffer because of your accident could affect the value of your claim. Injuries influence claim value because all injuries are associated with a specific value. For example, minor injuries could be worth up to $25,000 and moderate injuries could be worth $75,000. Most scooter accidents result in minor to moderate injuries. However, these accidents could also result in severe injuries, which could be worth up to $250,000.
- Comparative negligence-the value of your claim could also be affected by whether you contributed to your accident and your injuries. If your reckless or negligent actions resulted in your accident, the amount you could recover from the value of your claim could decrease.
- Lost income-if you lost any income because of your accident, the value of your claim could increase based on the income you lost. Lost income is often based on your wage history and the length of time you are expected to be unable to work.
- Policy limits-the value of your claim could also be affected by policy limits. Policy limits are established by insurance companies. If you file your claim against Lime, the maximum amount of compensation available for recovery would be established by that policy.
Could You Receive Compensation?What is the average compensation that you could recover for your Lime scooter accident claim? Every claim is different; however, you could be eligible to receive some of the following categories of compensation:
- Medical bills
- Lost income
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Funeral and burial costs
- Punitive damages
The Steps to take after Your Lime Scooter AccidentLearning more about the potential value of your claim is important; however, if you do not act accordingly, you could be ineligible to receive compensation. Therefore, you must make sure that you complete the following steps immediately after your scooter accident:
- Report the accident to Lime. After your accident, you should report the incident to Lime. To report the accident, you must contact Lime via call, text, or email (contact information is available online and in the mobile application).
- Preserve the scooter. You should try to hold on to the scooter, especially if you believe that your accident was caused by a defective product. If your accident and your injuries were caused by a defective product, the defective scooter would be the most important piece of evidence. If you are unable to keep the scooter, photos should suffice. You must take many photos highlighting the defect that caused your accident.
- Take photos. If your injuries are visible, you must take photos of the injuries you sustained. You should also take photos of the scene of the accident, including the Lime scooter and any other vehicle involved in the accident.
- Gather witness information. If there were any witnesses to your accident, you must gather their contact information for later reference.
- Seek medical care. If your injuries are severe, you must contact emergency services for medical assistance. If you suffered injuries but do not believe that you need medical care, you must seek medical assistance regardless. In many cases, injuries are not immediately apparent. A thorough check-up could identify dangerous injuries that might not be obvious after the accident. Prompt medical attention ensures that your injuries can be associated with your accident.
- Contact local authorities. Before you leave the scene of your accident, you must contact local authorizes-especially if another vehicle, such as a car, truck, or motorcycle, for instance, was involved in your accident. You must file an accident report; this report will be a key piece of evidence.
- Contact a lawyer. The last thing you should do is seek legal assistance. You must contact an attorney that is experienced handling Lime scooter accident claims.