Were you injured in an accident involving a Bird scooter?
Since Bird is a relatively new company and electric rental scooters are new concepts, many people do not know how to proceed after suffering injuries. Because of that, you should seek legal assistance immediately after your accident-even if you are unsure about taking action against the parties responsible for your injuries.
If you are in need of legal assistance, you must contact
the Bird Scooter injury attorneys at Downtown LA Law Group
as soon as possible. Downtown LA Law Group is an experienced law firm in Los Angeles dedicated to fighting for the rights of all parties affected by Bird Scooter accidents. No matter the cause of your accident or the extent of your injuries, you can trust that our lawyers with experience in E-Scooter accidents could successfully represent you.
– Bird Scooter Injury Accidents
In the summer of 2017, Travis VanderZanden founded Bird-a scooter-share company. Bird scooters are commonly found in metropolitan areas such as Culver City, Beverly Hills, Santa Monica, Los Angeles, San Diego, and San Francisco
. Bird scooters, similar to Uber and Lyft vehicles, provide riders with convenient and cost-effective methods of transportation.
Bird is clear in the company’s safety guidelines:
- Riders must be at least 18-years-old.
- Riders must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Riders must always wear a helmet.
- Riders must always keep at least one hand on the scooter’s handle at all times.
- Riders must ride on the street, along with traffic.
- Riders must follow all traffic rules and signals, like other vehicles.
- Riders must not exceed the scooter’s weight limit.
- Riders must never allow others to ride on the scooter (no double-riders).
– What to Do After a Bird/Lime Scooter Accident?
Although Bird has strict safety guidelines, they go largely unenforced. Anyone with access to a mobile device and a debit card could technically overpass age requirements if they knowingly input a false birth year, for example. Regardless of the company deactivating the accounts of those found to misuse the service or fail to adhere to safety standards, accidents are bound to happen. Whether you were injured while riding a Bird scooter, by someone who was riding a Bird scooter, or by a scooter that was blocking the pedestrian pathway, you could sue and be eligible to be compensated. The compensation that you are eligible to receive depends on the specific details of your claim.
Bird Scooter Insurance Information
If you were involved in a Bird scooter accident, you might be interested in learning more about the insurance details that might apply to your accident. Bird Scooter Company is self-insured; therefore, it can be difficult to get in-depth information about insurance coverage. Does insurance cover Bird Scooter accidents? The short answer is yes; however, the insurance coverage depends on the specific details of your accident, including details regarding the liable party. For more information about the specific insurance details for Bird accidents, you must contact our law firm
as soon as possible.
What Insurance Company Covers Bird Scooter Accidents?
As mentioned in the section above, Bird Scooter company is self-insured. What does it mean for a company to be self-insured? The Bird Scooter insurance carrier is the company itself; therefore, the company accepts all financial responsibility for all and any claims. Does insurance cover Bird Scooter accidents? The answer to that question depends on the specific situation surrounding your accident. If you were struck by a motorized vehicle while riding a bird scooter, the driver’s insurance should cover the accident. If you lost control of the scooter because of a damaged road, the city’s insurance should cover the accident. If you were injured on a sidewalk, the party liable for sidewalk maintenance-such as a homeowner or property owner-could be liable, leaving homeowner’s insurance or premise insurance available to cover the accident. Whatever the specific details of your e-scooter accident claim, you could have grounds to file a lawsuit and receive compensation. Without a doubt, it could be difficult to understand who or what will cover the costs created by your injuries; therefore, you must seek legal assistance as soon as possible to get the answers to all your questions.
– Does Bird Provide Insurance Coverage?
Could You File a Lawsuit?
Our law firm is often approached with many of the following questions:
- I was hit by a Bird scooter. What are my rights?
- What can I do if I was injured while riding a Bird scooter
- I was struck by a Bird scooter. What should I do?
- I was injured by a Bird Scooter. What can I do?
- Could I be eligible to receive compensation after suffering an accident?
- How could hiring a Bird Scooter accident injury attorney help me?
If you have found yourself asking any of the questions listed above, you must seek legal assistance as soon as possible. You have rights, and you could file a lawsuit after a Bird scooter accident. You must seek legal assistance with an experienced scooter accident law firm, such as Downtown L.A. Law Group
to begin your legal process.
Bird Accidents and Defective Products: What Should I Do after the Accident?
Bird accidents are sometimes caused by product defects. Some of the most common defects that could be found in Bird scooters include the following: defective batteries, defective braking system, defective wheels, and defective handles, for example. If you were involved in a Bird accident that was caused by a defect in the scooter that you were riding, you might have grounds to file a product liability claim against Bird.
What should you do after your Bird accident? If you believe that your Bird accident was caused by a defective Bird scooter, you must do all of the following to preserve your right to sue:
- Report the accident -you must contact Bird to report the incident. Be wary of revealing any information that could be used against you and your claim.
- Preserve the defective product -the first thing you should do is take photographs of the defective product, highlighting the defect that caused your accident. You should try to keep the defective product in a safe place. If you can take the scooter home, you should do so. You must ensure that the product remains as it is; do not try to fix the hazard yourself or meddle with the defective scooter in any way. If it is impossible for the scooter to be kept at your home, then the pictures will suffice as evidence of the defective product.
- Seek treatment-if you sustained injuries, you must seek medical care as soon as possible. Make sure you photograph your injuries and keep records of everything (medical bills, medical history, documents, etc.) related to the injuries that you sustained. You must seek medical treatment as soon as possible-the longer you postpone medical care, the more difficult it will be to prove that your injuries were caused by the defective scooter.
- Contact the police -if necessary, contact the local authorities to file an accident claim (if there was another vehicle involved in the accident).
- Seek legal assistance – as soon as you can, you must contact an attorney experienced in Bird accident claims to begin discussing your claim against Bird.
If you do everything listed above, you should not encounter any difficulties when you contact our law firm and discuss your claim with our attorneys. Even if you miss an important step, our experienced Bird lawyers will do everything within their reach to ensure that your claim is successful, and you are rightfully compensated.
– Los Angeles Bird Scooter Injury Attorneys
What Compensation Could You Receive?
If you were injured while riding a Bird Scooter or were harmed by a Bird scooter in any way, an e-scooter accident lawyer could help you recover the compensation to which you are entitled. Do you believe that you should be compensated? Many people mistakenly believe that they cannot recover compensation for their scooter accident claims. Since rental scooters is a recent phenomenon, many people are uncertain about their rights to be compensated for any injuries. If you were harmed in an accident that involved a Bird scooter in any way
, you might be eligible to recover the following forms of compensation:
- Medical costs -if you suffered any injuries, you likely sought medical assistance, which resulted in medical bills. You could be compensated for these costs. If you are projected to continue to require medical care in the future, you could also be compensated for projected medical bills.
- Lost income -if your injuries prevented you from working and earning income, you could also be compensated. Whether you were unable to work for a week, months, or are projected to be unable to work permanently, you could receive compensation. The compensation that you receive depends on many factors, such as your age, your wage history, and the length of time you were or will be unable to work.
- Property damage -if any of your property was damaged during the scooter accident, you could be compensated.
- Pain and suffering -if your injuries resulted in mental and emotional distress in addition to physical pain, you could also be compensated. Victims of personal injury accidents often suffer from depression, anxiety, fear, and post-traumatic stress disorder as a result of their accident and their injuries, for example.
- Funeral and burial costs -if the victim lost his or her life as a result of the accident, surviving family members or claimants could be eligible to recover compensation for funeral and burial costs in addition to the other forms of compensation.
- Loss of consortium -if the accident had an impact on the possibility of having a normal family relationship with the victim, family members could be compensated for the loss of consortium.
- Punitive damages – punitive damages could be awarded as punishment to the company or the party liable for the accident.
As you can see, there are many categories of compensation available for recovery after a personal injury accident that includes Bird scooters. One of the major factors that affect the amount of compensation that you are eligible to receive consists of the insurance coverage available. In many cases, the insurance coverage for the accident is limited; therefore, the maximum amount of compensation victims could recover is also limited. No matter the case, you can be certain that our experienced DTLA Law Group lawyers will always do everything within the law to ensure that you recover the maximum amount of compensation available for your claim. Our attorneys will aggressively fight for your right to sue and receive the maximum amount of compensation available.
How Long Do You Have to Sue?
If you are considering filing a lawsuit after your Bird scooter accident, you must act with a sense of urgency. All claims are subject to a statute of limitations. Statutes of limitations determine the length of time that claimants have to file their lawsuits. If their lawsuits are not filed within the appropriate deadlines, they could lose their right to sue. For details about the specific deadlines that apply to your claim, you must contact our law firm at your earliest convenience to remain eligible to file a lawsuit and be compensated.
How Can DTLA Law Group Help?
If you were injured in a Bird scooter accident
, you might be in need of legal assistance. For many victims of scooter accidents, filing a lawsuit is not the first thing that comes to mind. If victims consider the option of taking legal action against the liable parties, they often also consider all the stress often associated with taking legal action. Many people also make the decision to avoid legal action because they mistakenly believe that their accident and injuries sustained do not warrant grounds to file a lawsuit. If you were injured in a Bird scooter accident, you must contact the experienced Los Angeles attorneys at Downtown LA Law Group as soon as possible. The lawyers at DTLA Law Group will provide you with the legal guidance necessary to ensure that you reach a successful claim outcome.
Many victims of personal injury accidents, including Bird scooter accidents, are concerned about being able to afford legal assistance. Because of that, they decide that they should not pursue legal action. Our law firm understands the importance of filing a lawsuit and recovering the compensation that is rightfully owed to victims; therefore, our attorneys do everything within their reach to ensure that all victims of scooter injuries have access to hassle-free legal assistance. Our free consultations and free second opinions ensure that all victims of Bird scooter accidents have access to our comprehensive legal assistance. During our free consultations and free second opinions, our experienced attorneys will be available to answer all your questions, address all your concerns, and supply you with all the information you need to pursue your Bird Scooter injury lawsuit. If you had already explored the possibility of filing a Bird scooter accident lawsuit, you might have spoken with an attorney at another law firm. If so, you could have been negatively affected by the incompetence of an attorney. Unfortunately, many attorneys claim to have the skill necessary to successfully handle a Bird scooter accident lawsuit; therefore, their clients and their clients’ claims are negatively affected by the lack of knowledge and experience with e-scooter accidents. Do not allow the incompetence of your current attorney to dictate the outcome of your injury case. When you contact our law firm, you can be certain that our electric scooter injury attorneys will provide you with the legal assistance necessary to reach a successful claim outcome. Whether you are in need of a free consultation or a free second opinion, you can trust that our Bird scooter accident attorneys can give you the legal guidance that you need. Do not hesitate to contact Downtown LA Law Group
as soon as possible.
Could you benefit from our free legal services?
Does knowing that you can speak with our knowledgeable attorneys at no cost ease your mind? Our free legal services, as described above, are available as part of our Zero-Fee guarantee
. Our law firm offers a Zero-Fee guarantee that ensures that our clients never have to worry about paying for any upfront legal fees for any of our services. Our guarantee also establishes our strict contingency status. Based on DTLA Law Group’s strict contingency fee, our clients are not required to pay any legal fees until our legal team wins their cases. If you do not win and do not receive the compensation to which you are entitled, you will not be required to pay any legal fees-and that is a guarantee. If you are ready to discuss the possibility of filing a lawsuit after your scooter accident and injuries, you must contact our law firm at your earliest convenience.