Lime was founded early in 2017
with the goal of providing efficient, affordable, and sustainable methods of transportation. Over the short time that Lime has been up and running, it has gained many users that benefit from the convenient bicycles and scooters available for use. Although Lime has been successful for the almost year-and-a-half that it has been operational, it has been the center of many incidents involving scooter accidents.
Were you involved in a Lime scooter accident?
If so, you might have some of the following questions regarding Lime and insurance coverage:
Does Lime offer Insurance for injuries?
Does Lime offer medical insurance for accidents?
Does Lime offer insurance for injuries that people sustain on their scooters?
Who is the insurance company for Lime scooter accidents?
If you would like to find answers to these questions and any other questions that you might be having after your Lime scooter accident
, you must contact our law firm as soon as possible
. Downtown LA Law Group is a personal injury law firm dedicated to fighting for your right to sue and receive compensation. Our attorneys have many years of experience handling many types of claims and helping injured victims and their family members recover the compensation that they deserve. If you would like to discuss your Lime scooter accident with our attorneys and find out more in regards to Lime scooter insurance information, you must contact our attorneys at Downtown LA Law Group as soon as possible.
Does Lime Provide Insurance Coverage?
Some of the most popular rideshare services openly offer insurance coverage to their riders (and their drivers under specific circumstances). However, if you have attempted to find information about Lime scooter accident insurance, your searches might have proved to be unsuccessful.
Based on California law, parties who ride electric scooters are not required to have insurance coverage. As mentioned above, there is a lack of insurance information for Lime scooter accidents even though Lime scooter accidents have become common. Because California law does not require insurance coverage to use electric scooters, it makes sense that Lime does not provide clear insurance coverage for their riders.
Although there is not clear Lime scooter injury insurance information, Lime does have insurance. In many cases, up and coming companies, such as Lime, are self-insured. What does it mean to be self-insured? The majority of companies purchase insurance coverage from insurance companies that specialize in providing insurance products to meet company needs. When a company is self-insured, they are financially responsible for any claims that could arise. If you were injured in an accident on a Lime electric scooter, you might have grounds to file a claim against the company.
– Bird Scooter Injury Accidents
What does the Lime scooter insurance for accident cover? Could injured victims expect to be covered by Lime under all circumstances? Because this information is not easy to find online, contacting Lime is essential. Upon contacting Lime, you might have come across the following statement or variations of the following statement: Lime cannot cover any injuries that result from the negligent actions of Lime users.
What would account as negligent actions of the Lime user? A few examples of user negligence include the following: riding the electric scooter under the influence of drugs or alcohol, weaving in and out of traffic, and failing to follow traffic signals, for example. If Lime users suffer injuries and Lime can verify that the user was not at fault, then the company will assume financial responsibility for the damages suffered.
I was not at fault for my accident. Does that automatically make Lime responsible for my claim? Even if you were not at fault for the accident, liability for your injuries could be placed on another party (such as an auto driver that struck you while you were on the scooter). However, if no other parties were involved in your accident and your actions did not cause your accident, Lime could be financially responsible for your injuries. For more information regarding the Lime scooter accident insurance that could apply to your scooter injury claim, you must contact our law firm as soon as possible.
– Lime Scooter Injury Accidents
The Compensation Available
Could you receive compensation if you file an injury claim against Lime after suffering a scooter accident
? What could you receive from the Lime scooter insurance for injuries? Although you might be eligible to recover compensation, you will not find a definite answer regarding the type and amount of compensation you could receive until you speak with one of our experienced attorneys. Before you meet with our attorneys, you could benefit from understanding some of the categories of compensation available for recovery:
- Medical expenses: compensation for all medical bills associated with the injuries that you sustained during your scooter accident. Compensation for medical expenses includes costs associated with treatment, follow-up care, long-term care, living assistance, and medical equipment, for example.
- Lost income: compensation for income that was lost or will continue to be lost as a result of the accident and the injuries suffered. The amount claimants receive for lost income is based on wage history, age, time unable to work, and many other factors.
- Funeral and burial costs: if the accident resulted in a fatality, surviving family members who file a claim could be compensated for the costs associated with funeral, burial, and any other death services or expenses.
- Property damage: if any of your property was damaged in the accident, you could be compensated.
- Pain and suffering: accidents and injuries can, without a doubt, lead to many forms of pain and suffering. If you suffered mental and emotional distress in addition to your physical harm, you could be compensated for pain and suffering.
- Loss of consortium: if the victim’s family members lose the ability to have a normal, loving relationship with the victim, either because of life-altering injuries or death, they could be compensated for the loss of consortium.
- Punitive damages: punitive damages are often awarded as a form of punishment towards the defendant. Punitive damages are awarded in attempts to prevent similar incidents from reoccurring. Often, defendants must take measures to prevent reoccurrences.
Learn more about your options for compensation by calling (888) 649-7166.
– What to Do After a Bird/Lime Scooter Accident?
As you can see, there are many categories of compensation available for recovery. Could you recover every form of compensation listed above? Although you could, whether or not you receive the types of compensation listed above depends on the specific details of your claim. For instance, if the Lime accident did not result in death, you could not be eligible to receive compensation for funeral and burial costs. Likewise, if none of your personal property was damaged in the accident, you would not be eligible to receive that type of compensation. For more information about the specific type and amount of compensation applicable to your claim, you must contact our law firm as soon as possible. Regardless of the details of your Lime scooter injury claim, you can trust that the Lime attorneys at Downtown LA Law Group will aggressively fight for your right to recover the maximum amount of compensation available for your claim. Our lawyers understand the seriousness of your claim and the extent to which your accident caused financial difficulties; therefore, our attorneys will not rest until you recover the compensation that you deserve.
– Steps to Take: Bird & Lime Scooter Accident
Important Steps to take after a Lime Accident
The only way to benefit from Lime’s insurance for scooter accidents is to act appropriately immediately after your accident. There are certain steps you must take to ensure that you preserve your right to sue and receive compensation. After your accident, you should do all of the following:
- Contact Lime and report your accident, ensuring that you do not reveal too many details.
- Take photographs of the scene of the accident, the damaged scooter, and your injuries.
- Contact local authorities and file an accident report.
- Gather the information of any other party involved in your accident.
- Seek medical attention for the injuries you sustained during your scooter accident.
- Gather witness contact information for later reference.
- Preserve the scooter if you believe that your accident was caused by a defect.
- Contact an attorney at your earliest convenience to begin your claim.
– Scooter and Moped Accidents Often Result in Serious Injuries
Even if you believe that you missed an important step listed above, you must not hesitate to contact our law firm and attempt to pursue your claim.
Find out more about how we can help you. Call (888) 649-7166 to speak with a representative now.
Do You Need an Attorney?
Do you really need to hire an attorney to handle your Lime scooter accident claim?
Consider the following: how simple was it to find Lime scooter injury insurance information? You likely had to do extensive research before finding anything about insurance that covers Lime scooter cases
. You might also have had to contact Lime to get that specific information. Considering the complexity associated with just getting an answer for a simple question regarding insurance, the process of filing a claim is likely to be even more complicated. Are you prepared to handle that complex process independently after your scooter accident? When you hire an attorney to handle your claim, you can be certain that there will always be someone experienced in injury claims looking out for your best interest. Our attorneys will handle everything regarding your claim so that you will not have to worry about the hectic process. Our Lime lawyers are prepared to handle your claim to allow you to focus on recovering from your injuries. If you would like to meet with our attorneys to discuss the possibility of filing a claim against Lime, you must contact our firm as soon as possible.
– Does Bird Provide Insurance Coverage?
Downtown LA Law Group
If you would like the experienced personal injury attorneys at Downtown LA Law Group
to handle your Lime scooter accident claim, you must contact our law firm as soon as possible. You could benefit from our free consultations and free second opinions. During our free consultations and free second opinions, the experienced lawyers at Downtown LA Law Group will be available to answer all your questions and address all your concerns regarding your Lime scooter accident and Lime’s insurance for rider accidents. Our attorneys will provide you with all the information necessary to file a successful claim against Lime, regardless if you have already started your legal process at another law firm with another attorney. If you believe that your claim has been negatively affected by the incompetence of the attorney that you previously allowed to handle your claim, you can trust that our lawyers can help guide your claim back towards a successful outcome. If you would like to benefit from our free consultations or free second opinions, you must contact our firm as soon as possible.
Our Zero-Fee guarantee ensures that our clients never have to worry about paying any upfront legal fees for any of our services. Because our firm is also based on contingency; our clients will not be expected or required to pay any legal fees until after our attorneys win their claims. If your claim is not successful, you will not be required to pay us anything. If you would like to begin your scooter injury claim against Lime
, you must contact our law firm
as soon as possible.