Does Lime Provide Insurance Coverage?Some of the most popular rideshare services openly offer insurance coverage to their riders (and their drivers under specific circumstances). However, if you have attempted to find information about Lime scooter accident insurance, your searches might have proved to be unsuccessful. Based on California law, parties who ride electric scooters are not required to have insurance coverage. As mentioned above, there is a lack of insurance information for Lime scooter accidents even though Lime scooter accidents have become common. Because California law does not require insurance coverage to use electric scooters, it makes sense that Lime does not provide clear insurance coverage for their riders. Although there is not clear Lime scooter injury insurance information, Lime does have insurance. In many cases, up and coming companies, such as Lime, are self-insured. What does it mean to be self-insured? The majority of companies purchase insurance coverage from insurance companies that specialize in providing insurance products to meet company needs. When a company is self-insured, they are financially responsible for any claims that could arise. If you were injured in an accident on a Lime electric scooter, you might have grounds to file a claim against the company.
Lime’s CoverageWhat does the Lime scooter insurance for accident cover? Could injured victims expect to be covered by Lime under all circumstances? Because this information is not easy to find online, contacting Lime is essential. Upon contacting Lime, you might have come across the following statement or variations of the following statement: Lime cannot cover any injuries that result from the negligent actions of Lime users. What would account as negligent actions of the Lime user? A few examples of user negligence include the following: riding the electric scooter under the influence of drugs or alcohol, weaving in and out of traffic, and failing to follow traffic signals, for example. If Lime users suffer injuries and Lime can verify that the user was not at fault, then the company will assume financial responsibility for the damages suffered. I was not at fault for my accident. Does that automatically make Lime responsible for my claim? Even if you were not at fault for the accident, liability for your injuries could be placed on another party (such as an auto driver that struck you while you were on the scooter). However, if no other parties were involved in your accident and your actions did not cause your accident, Lime could be financially responsible for your injuries. For more information regarding the Lime scooter accident insurance that could apply to your scooter injury claim, you must contact our law firm as soon as possible.
The Compensation AvailableCould you receive compensation if you file an injury claim against Lime after suffering a scooter accident? What could you receive from the Lime scooter insurance for injuries? Although you might be eligible to recover compensation, you will not find a definite answer regarding the type and amount of compensation you could receive until you speak with one of our experienced attorneys. Before you meet with our attorneys, you could benefit from understanding some of the categories of compensation available for recovery:
- Medical expenses: compensation for all medical bills associated with the injuries that you sustained during your scooter accident. Compensation for medical expenses includes costs associated with treatment, follow-up care, long-term care, living assistance, and medical equipment, for example.
- Lost income: compensation for income that was lost or will continue to be lost as a result of the accident and the injuries suffered. The amount claimants receive for lost income is based on wage history, age, time unable to work, and many other factors.
- Funeral and burial costs: if the accident resulted in a fatality, surviving family members who file a claim could be compensated for the costs associated with funeral, burial, and any other death services or expenses.
- Property damage: if any of your property was damaged in the accident, you could be compensated.
- Pain and suffering: accidents and injuries can, without a doubt, lead to many forms of pain and suffering. If you suffered mental and emotional distress in addition to your physical harm, you could be compensated for pain and suffering.
- Loss of consortium: if the victim’s family members lose the ability to have a normal, loving relationship with the victim, either because of life-altering injuries or death, they could be compensated for the loss of consortium.
- Punitive damages: punitive damages are often awarded as a form of punishment towards the defendant. Punitive damages are awarded in attempts to prevent similar incidents from reoccurring. Often, defendants must take measures to prevent reoccurrences.
Learn more about your options for compensation by calling (213) 389-3765.
Important Steps to take after a Lime AccidentThe only way to benefit from Lime’s insurance for scooter accidents is to act appropriately immediately after your accident. There are certain steps you must take to ensure that you preserve your right to sue and receive compensation. After your accident, you should do all of the following:
- Contact Lime and report your accident, ensuring that you do not reveal too many details.
- Take photographs of the scene of the accident, the damaged scooter, and your injuries.
- Contact local authorities and file an accident report.
- Gather the information of any other party involved in your accident.
- Seek medical attention for the injuries you sustained during your scooter accident.
- Gather witness contact information for later reference.
- Preserve the scooter if you believe that your accident was caused by a defect.
- Contact an attorney at your earliest convenience to begin your claim.
Find out more about how we can help you. CHAT LIVE with a representative now.