- I fell off a Lime scooter. What should I do?
- I was struck by a Lime Scooter. What can I do?
The Common Causes of Lime Scooter AccidentsLime scooter accidents can happen for many reasons. In some cases, the victim’s actions contributed to the accident. In other cases, the victim had no fault in causing his or her accident. Some of the most common causes of Lime scooter accidents are listed below:
- Drivers on the road: Lime scooter riders are required to ride in bike lanes or close to the right curb; therefore, scooter riders constantly riding alongside traffic. A reckless driver could drive into the scooter rider and cause injuries.
- Scooter riders: Lime scooter riders can also be negligent and cause accidents. Whether they are riding recklessly on the street or on the sidewalk, they could cause accidents resulting in injuries to themselves and innocent pedestrians. Reckless riders could also leave scooters blocking walkways where the scooters could pose a threat to pedestrians, for example.
- Scooter chargers: scooter chargers could also be negligent and cause accidents. When dropping off scooters, chargers could place them in hazardous locations where they could create fall risks for pedestrians.
- Defective scooters: defective scooters can also lead to accidents. Any scooter defects, such as defective brakes, handles, or kickstand, for instance, can cause an accident.
Top-Rated Santa Monica Injury Lawyers – (213) 389-3765
More about Defective Products and Product LiabilityIf you were injured by a defective scooter, you could file a defective Lime scooter injury lawsuit. Lime has a duty to ensure that their scooters are safe to be used. If the scooters are defective and Lime fails to identify or address the defects, both riders and other parties could suffer accidents and be left with many injuries. If you were injured because of a defective Lime scooter, you could file a product liability claim against Lime. All companies, including Lime, must do everything possible to ensure that their products and their services are safe for all parties. If they fail to address hazards in their scooters, they could be strictly liable.
The Injuries Caused by Lime Scooter AccidentsLime scooter accidents could cause a variety of injuries. Injuries include but are not limited to the following: head injuries (concussions), shoulder injuries, brain injuries, back injuries, broken arms, broken hands, broken hip, wrist injuries, knee injuries, spinal cord injuries, neck injuries, clavicle injuries, and lacerations, for example. Regardless of the injuries you suffered, you could have the right to sue. You must seek legal assistance as soon as possible.
The Steps to take after a Lime Scooter AccidentWhat should I do if I was riding a Lime scooter and I fell off and got injured? I was hit by a Lime electric scooter. What should I do? If you were hit by a Lime scooter, you should act immediately. Whether you fell off a scooter or were injured by someone riding a scooter, it is essential that you act with urgency. What are the steps to take after a Lime scooter accident? Below, there is a list of the steps to take after a Lime accident scooter injury:
- Evaluate your situation (get to a safe area away from traffic).
- Take pictures of the scene of the accident (include pictures of the scooter).
- Take pictures of your injuries (if your injuries are visible).
- Seek medical assistance (even if your injuries do not appear to be severe).
- Report the accident to Lime (reporting options are available online and via the app).
- File an accident report with the police (if another vehicle was involved).
Who Pays in a Scooter Accident?Please note that all steps are equally important. Upon evaluating your situation after the accident, you could decide the order to perform these steps. Were you injured as a result of a defective Lime scooter? What do I do if a defective Lime scooter injured me? You can sue if a defective Lime scooter injured you. You should follow the steps listed above in addition to the following steps:
- Preserve the defective product (if possible, take the scooter home).
- Do not tamper with the product (tampering with the scooter could destroy vital evidence).
Who do I contact at Lime if I was in an accident?You should contact the company immediately. You can contact the company via the mobile application. If you select the Help option in the menu, you will see many additional options available to choose from. Under the Safety option, you will see the running into an accident option. The final point in the list under the running into an accident option provides a telephone number that you could call to report your accident and speak with a Lime representative. For reference, that number is 1 (888) LIME-345. This number is also available on Lime’s website. If you cannot reach a representative via the number provided above (same as the number provided online and in the app) you could also email Lime at email@example.com or text Lime at 1 (888) 546-3345. Whatever means you choose to contact the company, you must remember to avoid revealing any information that could be used against you and your claim.
The Compensation that You Could RecoverCan you sue if you got injured riding a Lime Scooter? Yes, you can sue if you got injured riding a Lime Scooter; you could also be eligible to receive compensation for your injuries. How much compensation could you receive for your Lime electric scooter accident injury lawsuit? The amount of compensation you can receive for your claim depends on the specific details of your accident; however, you could be eligible to receive some of the following categories of compensation:
- Medical expenses
- Lost income
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Funeral and burial costs
- Punitive damages
Why You Need a Lawyer After an Electric Scooter Accident – (213) 389-3765Lime injury attorneys will always fight for your right to receive the maximum amount of compensation for the injuries you suffered while riding an electric Lime scooter. If you would like to learn more regarding how much or what type of compensation you could receive, you must contact our attorneys to discuss your Lime claim as soon as possible.