Lime was founded in January 2017
with the goal of providing the community with an affordable and sustainable alternative method of transportation-shared bikes and scooters. Since Lime was launched, the company has been successful and remained a popular option for many people. However, much of the company’s success has been tainted by accidents caused by defective scooters
. Unfortunately, Lime’s defective scooters have caused a variety of accidents and injuries.
Were you or a member of your family affected by a defective Lime scooter? Can I sue if I fell off a Lime scooter
and got injured as a result? Yes, you can sue if you fell off a Lime scooter and got injured. Injured victims and victim’s family members have the right to file a claim against Lime if defective electric scooters resulted in the victim’s accident, injuries, or death. Do you believe that you or a member of your family was harmed by a defective product? If so, you must seek legal assistance as soon as possible.
If you would like to learn more about your right to file a claim and receive compensation, you must contact the attorneys at Downtown LA Law Group at your earliest convenience. Downtown LA Law Group is a personal injury firm dedicated to fighting for the rights of all victims affected by a variety of personal injury accidents. Our attorneys are ready to handle your product liability claim against Lime and help you recover the compensation that you deserve-do not hesitate to contact us.
Product Liability/Defective Products
Lime and Defective Products
Can I sue Lime for an injury caused by a defective scooter? Yes, you can sue Lime for an injury caused by a broken scooter. Lime has a duty to you and all other Lime users to provide them with safe scooters. They must actively seek to identify and address hazards that could harm their users. If Lime fails to address the hazards and their users suffer accidents which lead to injuries, Lime could be liable for the damages. If Lime negligently failed to address hazards that were present in their scooters, you could file a claim against the company. If you are unsure about whether Lime is liable for your accident, you must contact our attorneys as soon as possible.
Lime Scooter Injury Accidents
Some Common Defects
If you had never used an electric scooter prior to using a Lime scooter, you could have been unfamiliar with all the parts that must be fully functional to ensure a safe scooter ride. Some of the most common defects that could be present in defective Lime scooters are listed below:
- Defective brakes-brakes are absolutely necessary for a safe scooter ride. If the scooter brakes suddenly fail, you might be unable to avoid hazards or obstacles on the road. You might also be unable to stop for traffic signals. Undeniably, defective brakes could cause accidents and lead to injuries.
- Defective handles – if the scooter handles suddenly break off while you are riding the scooter at 15 miles per hour, you could easily lose your balance and fall. If you fall because a scooter handle breaks off, you could suffer injuries. The scooter handle could also get stuck, preventing you from switching directions. This could also cause collisions and injuries.
- Defective kickstand – a defective kickstand could cause a scooter that is not being used to suddenly fall over. This poses a threat to pedestrians who are walking near parked scooters. If the scooter falls on you or falls in front of you, you could suffer injuries.
- Defective wheels – a defective wheel can suddenly fall off the scooter and cause the scooter the flip. This could lead to devastating results, especially considering that unsuspecting riders could fall onto oncoming traffic and suffer critical injuries.
- Defective battery – a defective scooter battery could cause the electric scooter to suddenly lose power and stop. This could pose a serious hazard especially on busy roads and bike lanes.
The sample defects above are just some of the defects that could have caused your accident. If you would like more information about the different defects that could be found in Lime scooters, you must contact our law firm as soon as possible.
Learn more about your options for compensation by calling (888) 649-7166.
What to Do After a Bird/Lime Scooter Accident?
What to do after a Lime Scooter Accident
Can I sue Lime for an accident if their scooter was damaged and broken? Yes, you can sue Lime for an accident if their scooter was damaged and broken. However, to preserve your right to sue, you must act appropriately after your accident. If you were injured by a defective Lime Scooter, you must do the following after your accident:
Steps to Take: Bird & Lime Scooter Accident
- Seek medical attention-one of the most important steps you must take after suffering a Lime scooter accident is to seek medical attention. When you seek medical attention, your injuries are immediately associated with your accident. If you wait too long to seek medical care for your injuries, it will be more difficult to associate your injuries to your accident. (Note: depending on the injuries you sustained, this step could be completed after you complete most of the other steps listed below).
- Contact the local authorities-after your scooter accident, you should contact the local authorities especially if another vehicle was involved in the accident. When authorities arrive at the scene of the accident, you must ensure that you file an accident report. When you file your claim, the accident report will be an important piece of evidence.
- Take photographs-if you have access to a camera or any device that could take photographs, you should take photographs of a few things. You should photograph the scene of your scooter accident, the injuries you sustained (if they are visible), and the scooter’s defects. These photographs will prove to be important pieces of evidence for your product liability claim. If possible, try and identify and surveillance cameras that might have captured your scooter accident.
- Speak to witnesses-if there were any witnesses to your accident, you must attempt to speak to them and gather their contact information. Although some people might be hesitant to give strangers their contact information, you must highlight the importance that their testimony could be for your claim. For many cases, strong witness testimonies make the difference between a successful claim and an unsuccessful claim.
- Report the accident to Lime-as soon as you can, you must contact Lime to report your accident. Lime’s contact information is available via their mobile application and their website. You could call, text, or email Lime to report your accident. When you get in touch with a Lime representative, you must make sure that you do not reveal too many details. If you reveal too much information, the things you mention could be used against you and your claim.
- Preserve the defective scooter-in product liability cases, the defective product is the main source of evidence. Therefore, it is important for you to preserve the defective scooter. If possible, you should try to take the scooter home; if you cannot transport the scooter yourself, you should have someone else transport the scooter for you. When you take the scooter home, avoid tampering with the scooter’s defect. If you attempt to investigate or repair the defect in any way, Lime could accuse you of creating the defect yourself. If it is not possible to take the scooter home for safekeeping, you must ensure that you take clear photographs of the defect that caused your fall and led to your injuries.
- Seek legal assistance-after you have completed everything listed above, you must contact an attorney.
If you would like to learn more regarding the steps you must take after your accident to prepare to file a legal lawsuit against Lime for injuries resulting from a fall caused by a defective electric scooter, you must contact the attorneys at Downtown LA Law Group. Our attorneys are ready to help you file your claim against Lime after your scooter accident.
Scooter and Moped Accidents Often Result in Serious Injuries
The Compensation Available for Claimants
Could you receive compensation if you file a product liability claim against Lime after your scooter accident? You might be eligible to receive compensation for your injury claim. Although only an attorney could provide you with specific details regarding the amount of compensation that you could receive, you should be familiar with the following categories of compensation:
- Medical costs
- Lost income
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage
- Loss of consortium
- Funeral and burial costs
- Punitive damages
Learn more about your options for compensation by calling (888) 649-7166.
Although every Lime scooter injury claim is different, your product liability claim against Lime could result in eligibility to recover some of the categories of compensation listed above. When you contact our attorneys and allow them to handle your defective product claim against Lime, you can trust that our lawyers will fight for your right to receive the compensation that you deserve. Our attorneys understand the difficulties that you and your family faced after your accident; therefore, they are committed to your claim and to helping you to recover the maximum amount of compensation available for your product liability claim. If you would like to further discuss the compensation that you could receive, you must contact our law firm immediately.
Lime Scooter Insurance
Downtown LA Law Group-Product Liability Attorneys
Were you injured because of a defective Lime scooter? If so, you have the right to file a lawsuit against Lime Scooter for injury caused by a broken scooter. If you would like more information regarding your right to sue Lime scooter for the accident caused by a defective electric scooter, you must contact our experienced attorneys as soon as possible. The Lime scooter attorneys
at Downtown LA Law Group are prepared to handle your scooter injury claim and help you fight for your right to be compensated. If you contact our firm, you could benefit from our free consultations and free second opinions. During our free consultations and free second opinions, the experienced Lime scooter attorneys at Downtown LA Law Group will answer all your questions and address all your concerns. Can you sue Lime for accidents on an electric scooter? Yes, you can sue Lime for accidents on an electric scooter-let us help you during this complicated process. Our Lime accident attorneys can help you even if you previously allowed an incompetent attorney to handle your claim. No matter if you are in need of a free consultation or a free second opinion, you can be certain that our experienced attorneys will help you file a successful product liability claim against Lime.
Average Value of a Lime Scooter Accident
To speak with a Los Angeles brain injury lawyer, call (888) 649-7166.
Our free legal services are available as part of our Zero-Fee guarantee
. Our Zero-Fee guarantee ensures that our clients can contact our firm without ever having to worry about any upfront legal fees. Our law firm is also based on a contingency-fee structure. How can you benefit from our contingency structure? Because our law firm is based on contingency, our clients will not be required to pay any legal fees until after our attorneys win their claims. If your claim does not reach a successful outcome, you will not be required to pay for any legal expenses. If you are ready to file your product liability claim against Lime, you must contact the attorneys at Downtown LA Law Group
as soon as possible.