Learn more about your legal options by chatting with a representative now.
The Common Injuries Caused by Lime AccidentsLime scooter accidents could result in many different injuries. The types of injuries suffered could depend on many details, such as the force of income, the age of the victim, the location of the accident, and whether any other vehicles were involved. Some of the most common injuries that could result from Lime scooter accidents include the following:
- Brain injury
- Broken arm
- Broken hand
- Broken hip
- Broken leg
- Broken ribs
- Deep lacerations
- Facial fractures
- Fractured clavicle
- Fractured fingers
- Fractured toes
- Head injury (such as a concussion)
- Knee injuries
- Nerve damage
- Organ damage
- Pelvic injuries
- Severed limbs
- Shoulder injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Surface cuts
- Torn ligaments
Some Common Causes of Lime AccidentsLime scooter accidents can happen for a variety of reasons. Scooter accidents can occur under the following circumstances: reckless drivers, reckless riders, and defective scooters, for insurance. Many Lime scooter accidents are injured after being struck by the reckless drivers of other vehicles, such as cars, trucks, and motorcycles, for example. Scooter accidents could also be caused by reckless Lime riders. You could be struck by someone who was riding a scooter recklessly. Reckless drivers could cause accidents even if they are no longer riding the scooter. For example, leaving a scooter somewhere where it blocks a walkway or poses a trip hazard could cause a trip and fall accident. Defective scooters are also likely to cause accidents. Some common defects include faulty wheels, brakes, handles, and slippery decks. For example, it is possible that the scooter flipped over and caused your injuries because of faulty brakes. Likewise, you might have slipped and fell off the scooter because of a slippery deck. Whatever the case, you might have grounds to sue Lime Scooter for your injuries. You must contact our law firm as soon as possible to learn more about whether you could pursue a claim against Lime for a scooter accident.
Can I Sue Lime Scooter Company if I Got Injured by a Scooter?Yes, you can sue Lime Scooter company if you got injured by a scooter. Were your injuries caused by Lime’s negligence? Did someone who should not have been riding a Lime scooter crash into you and cause your injuries? Did you suffer a slip and fall because of the Lime scooter’s slippery dock? If the Lime accident was not your fault, you could file a claim against Lime. For more information, you must contact our law firm as soon as possible.
Can I Sue Lime Scooter if I Fell Off a Lime Scooter?Yes, you can sue Lime scooter if you fell off a Lime Scooter. If you fell off the Lime scooter, you could sue depending on the cause of your fall. If you fell off a lime scooter because you were distracted by your phone, for example, you might not have grounds to sue. However, if you fell off the scooter after a wheel fell off because of a small bump caused by a cracked sidewalk, you might have grounds to sue. For more information about whether you could file a lawsuit against Lime scooter for your fall, you must contact the experienced attorneys at Downtown L.A. Law Group.
Lime Accidents and Product Liability: What to do after an AccidentAs discussed in the sections above, Lime scooter accidents could occur for a variety of reasons-including product defects. If your Lime scooter accident was caused by a defective or broken scooter, you might have grounds to file a product liability lawsuit. If you would like to file a Lime scooter injury lawsuit for injuries caused by a defective product, you must do all of the following:
- Report the accident -you must promptly contact Lime and report the accident. Most incidents can be reported through the Lime mobile application. When you report the accident, you must avoid revealing any information that could be used against you and your injury claim.
- Preserve the evidence -you must do everything within your reach to preserve evidence for your claim. In product liability claims, the most important piece of evidence is the defective product. The first thing you should do is take photographs of the defective product, making sure that the defect is clear. If possible, take the defective scooter home. Once at home, ensure that the scooter’s defect remains as it is; do not attempt to fix the defect. If you cannot take the scooter to a safe place to store it as evidence, you must at least keep the photographs as evidence.
- Seek medical attention -another important thing that you must do is seek medical attention. Your accident might have left you in need of emergency medical care; if so, you must contact emergency services. If your injuries are not life-threatening and you can get yourself to a doctor, you must do so immediately. If you allow many days, weeks, or even months to pass before you seek medical attention, it will be more difficult to prove that the defective Lime scooter caused your injuries, and, subsequently, it would be harder to reach a positive outcome for your claim.
- Contact the police -if another vehicle, such as a car, truck, bus, or motorcycle, was involved in your accident, you must contact the authorities. When the police arrive at the scene of the accident, you should ensure that you file an accident report. Filing an accident report can help strengthen your Lime accident claim.
- Contact an attorney -after you do everything above, you must contact an attorney. During your search for an attorney, you must ensure that you speak with a lawyer who is experienced in Lime scooter accident claims, especially since a lack of experience an severely affect the outcome of your claim.
Learn more about your options for compensation by calling (213) 389-3765.
The Compensation Available for RecoveryIf you file a claim after a Lime scooter injured you, you might be eligible to be compensated for your injuries. At Downtown L.A. Law Group, we believe that Lime has strict liability for many Lime scooter accidents that result in injuries. Because of that, our attorneys are prepared to fight for your right to recover the compensation that you deserve. Our trusted attorneys will aggressively fight for your right to recover the following types of compensation:
- Medical expenses
- Lost income
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage
- Loss of consortium
- Funeral and burial costs
- Punitive damages