Bird is a private scooter-sharing company founded by Travis VanaderZanden in the summer of 2017. The company is based in Santa Monica, California and provides a fun and reliable alternative method of transportation to some of the most popular areas in Los Angeles and surrounding areas. Bird has a commitment to safety
; riders have access to a quick safety guide via the company’s website and mobile application that covers the following safety points:
- Ride in bike lanes or close to the right curb at all times. Only ride in the sidewalk if it is permitted by local laws.
- Always wear a helmet while riding the electric scooter.
- Park the Bird scooters on sidewalks close to the curb but clear of walkways.
- Be at least eighteen years old.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Follow all traffic rules.
- Always have both hands on the handles.
- Never ride with headphones or earphones.
- Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
Although Bird is concerned with rider safety and ensures that riders have access to safety information, Bird riders continue experiencing accidents
on Bird scooters. Did you suffer a Bird scooter accident? Were you injured as a result of a Bird electric scooter? If so, you might have grounds to file a Bird scooter injury lawsuit
. If you would like to learn more about our right to file a Bird electric scooter accident injury lawsuit, you must contact the attorneys
at Downtown LA Law Group
as soon as possible.
Learn more about your options for compensation by calling (888) 649-7166.
Downtown LA Law Group
is a personal injury law firm dedicated to fighting for the rights of all parties affected by unfortunate personal injury accidents. Because Bird was founded recently in 2017, Bird accident claims remain fairly new to many lawyers. At Downtown LA Law Group, have many years of experience handling personal injury claims. Although Bird claims are relatively recent, our attorneys have thoroughly prepared themselves to handle these claims and help victims of Bird accidents. If you would like to discuss filing a Bird accident claim against Bird, you must contact our law firm
as soon as possible. The experienced Bird accident attorneys at Downtown LA Law Group are ready to help you handle your scooter accident claim against Bird. Do not hesitate to contact our firm as soon as possible.
– Bird Scooter Injury Accidents
What Causes Bird Scooter Accidents?
Bird electric scooter accidents can occur for a variety of reasons. Some of the most common causes of Bird scooter accidents are explained below:
- Reckless drivers: the most common cause of Bird scooter accidents is reckless drivers. Bird riders are required to ride in bike lanes or close to the right curb. In other words, Birds are required to drive with traffic. Unfortunately, many car and truck drivers fail to take the proper caution when driving near electric scooters. This can cause Bird accidents. In cases in which a reckless driver caused your Bird accident, it is unlikely that you would have grounds to file a claim against Bird. Rather, you might have grounds to file a claim against the reckless driver that caused your accident.
- Reckless Bird riders: another common cause of Bird scooter accidents is reckless Bird riders. Bird riders often fail to follow the rules of riding a scooter. For example, reckless scooter riders might ride on the sidewalk, endangering pedestrians. Another instance of rider recklessness involves the location where the scooter is dropped off. There are certain requirements for scooter drop-off to avoid creating hazards for pedestrians. If a rider fails to adhere to these requirements, a scooter could cause an accident (the same applies to Bird chargers; their recklessness during drop-off could cause accidents).
- Defective scooters: electric scooter accidents can also be caused by defective scooters. Some companies negligently release products for consumer use. These products, such as scooters, can pose risks to users. Some of the most common scooter defects include defective brakes, defective wheels, and defective handling, for instance. A defective scooter can also lead to accidents. Often, defective scooters cause accidents even if the rider is using the scooter with caution.
If you would like to discuss your claim after becoming injured by one of the points listed above, you must contact a law firm that has experience in Bird injury lawsuit cases
as soon as possible.
Find out more about how we can help you. Call (888) 649-7166 to speak with a representative now.
What Types of Injuries Are Common to Bird Scooter Accidents?
If you suffered an accident while riding an electric Bird scooter or you were struck by someone riding a bird scooter, you likely suffered a variety of injuries. What types of injuries would you associate with a scooter accident? Many people associate scooter accidents with mild injuries, such as scrapes, sprains, strains, and bruises, for example. However, Bird scooter accidents can be devastating. Some common injuries that victims of Bird scooter accidents are listed below:
- Head injuries, such as concussions
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Broken hands
- Broken arms
- Broken hip
- Knee injuries
- Wrist injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Back injuries
- Neck injuries
- Rib fractures
- Clavicle fractures
- Elbow injuries
- Shoulder injuries
- Organ damage
- Scrapes, cuts, and bruises
Victims of Bird accidents could suffer many injuries ranging in severity. If you were involved in a Bird electric scooter accident that was not your fault, you should sue. If you would like to discuss the possibility of filing a claim against Bird, you must contact a lawyer that specializes in Bird scooter injury lawsuits
– What to Do After a Bird/Lime Scooter Accident?
Is Bird Liable for Accidents?
What should I do if I was riding a Bird Scooter and fell off and got injured? What do I do if I got injured while riding a Bird Scooter? If you got injured while riding a Bird scooter, you could sue. As long as your injuries were caused by the company’s negligence, you can sue. For instance, if your injuries were caused by a reckless auto driver, you might not have grounds to sue Bird. However, if a scooter defect caused you to lose control and swerve into traffic where a reckless driver struck you, you might have grounds to sue both Bird and the driver. Likewise, if you were struck by a scooter. I was struck by a Bird Scooter. What can I do? If you were struck by a Bird Scooter, you can also sue. Many people are allowed to use the scooter-share service even though they do not meet riding requirements. When the company fails to deactivate any accounts that should not be valid (i.e. users that are underaged or that do not have a license, for example), liability for accidents could be placed on the company. For more information about whether Bird is liable for your scooter accident, you must contact
a Bird scooter injury lawyer
as soon as possible.
Bird Accidents and Product Liability
What do I do if a defective Bird scooter injured me? As previously explained, you have the right to file an injury claim if you were injured while riding a scooter or after being struck by someone riding a scooter, for example. However, you also have a right to sue if a defective scooter caused your accident and contributed to your injuries. All companies have a duty of care to their consumers. They must provide their consumers with safe products that do not pose hazards. When companies make unsafe products available for use, they are breaching their duty of care to consumers. Such a breach of duty could cause an accident, which can lead to injuries. When a defective product leads to injuries, injured victims have the right to file a defective bird scooter injury lawsuit. The process of filing a defective product lawsuit can be different than filing an injury claim; therefore, you must speak with our attorneys at your earliest convenience for more information regarding filing your product liability claim.
Top-Rated Santa Monica Injury Lawyers – (888) 649-7166
What Should I Do if I was Injured on a Bird Scooter?
If you were injured on a Bird Scooter, you should contact an attorney
to learn more about your right to sue and receive compensation. Can you sue if you got injured riding a Bird Scooter? Yes, you can sue if you got injured riding a Bird Scooter. However, you could only file a lawsuit against Bird if the company was negligent. If Bird’s negligence caused your injuries, you could sue. You must follow the process explained below to ensure that you preserve your right to file a lawsuit.
– Does Bird Provide Insurance Coverage?
Steps to Take after a Bird Injury
I fell off a Bird scooter. What should I do? I was hit by a Bird electric scooter. What should I do? If you were hit by a Bird scooter, you should act immediately and file a claim against Bird. What are the proper steps to take after a bird scooter accident? Below, there are a few steps to take after a bird accident scooter injury:
- Report the accident to Bird. You must contact the company to report your accident. You can contact the company via the mobile application. However, be cautious to not reveal any information that could be used against you and your accident claim.
- Take pictures of the accident. You should photograph the scene of the accident. The photographs that you take will serve as evidence for your claim.
- Take pictures of your injuries. If you sustained visible injuries, you must ensure to take pictures. These pictures will also serve as evidence for your claim.
- Contact local authorities. This step is essential especially if another vehicle was involved in your accident. When police arrive, file an accident report. The accident report will also support your claim.
- Seek medical attention. One of the most important things you could do after a Bird accident is to seek medical attention; if you do not seek medical attention, it will be difficult to associate your injuries with the accident. When you seek medical attention, ensure that you keep all medical records and bills.
If you fell off a Bird and got injured because the scooter was defective, you must also do the following:
- Preserve the item. In product liability claims, the most important piece of evidence is the defective product. You should try to keep the defective scooter. If you can, take the scooter home for safe-keeping. If you cannot take the scooter home, take photographs of the scooter. The photographs should clearly depict the defect that caused your fall.
- Do not attempt to fix the defect. If you alter the Bird scooter in any way, the company could claim that you caused the defect. Therefore, you must avoid tampering with the Bird to preserve your main piece of evidence.
– Bird Scooter Injury Lawyer
The last and one of the most important steps you should take after a Bird scooter accident is to seek legal assistance. You must seek legal assistance to discuss your Bird accident claim at your earliest convenience. Discussing your claim with a knowledgeable attorney ensures that you get all the necessary information to pursue your claim against Bird. If you would like to learn more about what to do after an accident on Bird, you must contact
the electric scooter accident attorneys at Downtown LA Law Group
Who Do I Contact at Bird If I was in an Accident?
You should contact the company through the mobile application. As mentioned above, you must report your accident. The Bird mobile application has a chat option where riders can report issues with their rides. After your accident, you must use the messaging feature on the app to inform the company. A Bird representative will contact you as soon as possible.
The Compensation that Bird Victims could Receive
If you file a claim against Bird, you might be eligible to receive compensation. You could receive some of the following categories of compensation: medical expenses, lost income, pain and suffering, property damage, loss of consortium, funeral costs, burial costs, and punitive damages, for example. Regardless of the details of your claim and the compensation that you could receive, you can be certain that our attorneys will always fight for your right to receive compensation. Our attorneys will not rest until you and your family recover the maximum amount of compensation available for your claim.
– Los Angeles Bird Scooter Injury Attorneys
Downtown LA Law Group
Would you like to discuss your Bird accident claim with our experienced attorneys? Our law firm offers free consultations and free second opinions to all parties affected by Bird accidents. During our free consultations and free second opinions, our Bird accident attorneys will answer your questions, address your concerns, and provide you with all the information you need to pursue your claim against Bird scooter. Even if your claim has been affected by the incompetence of an attorney at another law firm, you can trust that our lawyers will guide your claim towards a successful outcome. These free legal services are available as part of our Zero-Fee guarantee. Our Zero-Fee guarantee ensures that our clients never have to worry about paying any upfront legal fees for any of our services. Our firm is also based on contingency; therefore, our clients will never have to pay us anything until after our attorneys win your claim. If your claim is not successful, you will not be required to pay any anything until you are compensated. Do not hesitate to contact our law firm to begin your claim against Bird scooter as soon as possible.