There can be any number of incidents and problems, when there is captain negligence when operating a boat for water skiers being towed by the watercraft. A boat captain can tow water skiers in many different types of boats, such as with an open
In some cases, the captain may have taken on the job or assignment to tow water skiers, but have no prior experience or know-how on the ways to keep water skiers safe with that boat involved in the session. A negligent captain can make it dangerous for water skiers when the captain:
- Has no idea how to properly and safely tow water skiers on the waterways
- Is under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Is speeding while towing water skiers
- Is over served while towing water skiers
- Goes over the waves in a dangerous manner
- Is not watching or mindful of the water skiers performing jumps
- Misaligns to the ramps for water skiers performing jumps
- Does not know how to take water skiers from or to the dock, before or after water skiing
- Does not maintain a safe tow bar
- Does not help water skiers to turn safely while water skiing
- Ignoring the water skier patting on the head to return to the dock
- Ignoring the water skier to show the speed is too high
- Ignoring the water skier’s indications to cut the motor off
- Ignoring the water skier’s indications to speed up on the boat
- Driving too close to the dock
- Taking chances with a water skier in tow
- Not slowing down speeds of the boat when reaching shoreline areas
- Not driving the boat close enough to the dock to allow the water skier to reach the dock safely after water skiing
- Not driving in a comfortable zone for the water skier
- Driving near water hazards that can hurt or kill the water skier
- Not checking the safety of the tow lines
- Using warn and defective tow lines and handles
- Not looking out for the safety of the water skier
- Going faster than 20 mph when towing a water skier
- Not keeping the tow line, skier and boat in a straight line when someone is being towed to water ski
- Not looking back to care for the water skier
- Not looking ahead for potential dangers while driving the boat
- Not ensuring the skier is okay during the water skiing action
- Going into heavy boat traffic areas where other people are scuba diving, fishing and swimming
- Not knowing a basic competency on driving a boat
- Allowing the water skier to fall while being towed by the boat
- Not turning the motor off when the water skier is boarding the boat from being in the water
If you have been personally injured by a negligent captain, you can call us to review your claim. We are here and can review your case for free, to get you access to a lawyer with experience in settling and negotiating personal injury claims. You need to talk to an attorney with expertise in getting the full recovery compensation for a personal injury claim for a captain who is negligent and caused personal injuries when you were out water skiing.
Zero Fee Guarantee
Call us today for a zero-fee guarantee, regarding your captain’s negligence claim for your personal injuries from water skiing. You don’t have to feel as if your situation will fall through, you can call us today to start your personal injury claim right now.
Free Second Opinion Case Review / Experienced Lawyers in Captain’s Negligence on a Boat Cases
We can review your case for a free with a free second opinion case review. It only takes a minute to call us to go over your claim with our attorneys, who specialize in captain’s negligence on a boat with water skiing. You can get quick access to a lawyer with a specialty in captain’s negligence that leads to personal injuries, when you give us a call at DTLA Law Group at 855.339.8879. Just call us today for the ability to talk to an experienced attorney in Los Angeles, regarding your personal injury claim.
Can I Sue for a Captain’s Negligence When I Was Injured Water Skiing?
Yes, we can sue when you are injured water skiing, because of the negligence of the captain. You can call us at our Los Angeles case lawyer’s office at DTLA Law Group at 855.339.8879. We are here for you and can file a lawsuit on your behalf right away. Let us accelerate the claim for you, and get the information you need regarding getting a full recovery, by talking to our case attorneys in Los Angeles today.
Average Case Value of a Claim for Water Skiing Captain Negligence in Operation of a Boat
If you have been injured because of a captain of a water skiing boat who was negligent, your average case value may be estimated at $20,000 – $200,000. Your claim will depend on the seriousness of your personal injuries, and your medical bills that you have incurred now and will incur in the near and foreseeable future.
How Long Does It Take to Settle and to Get Paid on These Cases?
Your water skiing negligence claim may be able to be settled in 4-7 months, depending on the losses, damages and expenses that you have related to the claim. For example, if you have extensive medical bills, it may take longer to settle out your claim. If you are still under a doctor’s care now and need to have additional surgical procedures, you can still call us today to review your claim right now. We are here for you and ready to talk to you about your case.
Statute Of Limitations – How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit?
The statute of limitations in California for personal injury lawsuit filing is two years.
Call for a Free Consultation
You can call us for a free consultation. There’s no need to cut corners on your water skiing negligence claim, when you can call us today for legal advice on your case. We are here for you, and will review your claim with you today when you give us a call at the DTLA Law Group at 855.339.8879.