According to the American Pet Products Association, as of the end of the 2010s, 70% of all American households owned a pet. That number is up from just 56% only two decades earlier. Not surprisingly, the number is likely to continue to increase as more discoveries are made about pet ownership’s added health and emotional benefits. Knowing this, it is easy to understand the increasing number of shoppers at pet supply stores such as Pet Supplies Plus in Clovis, California.
Shoppers appreciate that they can get all of their pet care needs in a single location, from fish food and dog treats to the use of the grooming service or the dog wash station. There is even a very affordable veterinary service that requires no appointment for routine care. So this location offers everything you need for one-stop pet shopping and is dog friendly.
But all of these perks can prevent you from thinking about the potential hazards of shopping at Pet Supplies Plus until an issue arises or tragedy strikes. Then you are left wondering about your rights and how to move forward if you have suffered a slip and fall or a dog bite injury while shopping at Pet Supplies Plus. Fortunately, all your questions and worries can be addressed with a single call to the dedicated and caring staff at DTLA Law Group. We are available 24/7 to answer urgent questions and offer a free consultation to discuss your situation and how you can seek compensation owed to you for your injuries and suffering.
Slip And Fall Injuries At Pet Supplies Plus Stores
Sadly, slip and fall injuries account for millions of injuries each year in the United States. And the results can be anything from a mild strain or sprain to a traumatic brain injury or even death. If you have suffered injuries due to a slip and fall at Pet Supplies Plus, it is vital that you contact DTLA Law Group as soon as possible. Protecting your rights and financial future needs to begin immediately. Our staff will help you understand your rights and what can be expected of a store or public area when it comes to eliminating safety hazards and providing a safe shopping environment for its customers.
What To Do After Suffering A Slip And Fall At Pet Supplies Plus
Of course. The severity of your injuries will dictate how many of these tips you can follow immediately after your slip and fall at Pet Supplies Plus. If you are severely injured, call 911 or ask a witness to call for you. Then remain quiet and try not to move until help arrives. However, even if you believe your injuries are minor, there are many precautions you need to heed to ensure that your future rights are protected and that you can seek any compensation owed to you for your injuries.
- Images of the location where you slipped and fell can be beneficial. If someone is shopping with you, ask them to take pictures of you on the floor immediately after the fall. Capture any hazards such as moisture on the floor or tripping hazards like damage to the floor surface. Also, take pictures of any immediately visible injuries, such as lacerations or swelling.
- Ask for contact information from anyone who witnessed the slip and fall and possibly a written statement of what they observed before and during the slip and fall.
- Notify the store manager of the incident and get the person’s contact information. Also, ask if there are any company incident reports they will file and request a copy of the completed documents.
- Regardless of the severity of your injuries or how severe you believe them to be, seek a complete medical evaluation. This documentation will ensure that you have a reliable record of any injuries you suffered and do not overlook injuries due to shock and the adrenaline that occurs after such an event.
- Contact DTLA for a free consultation to discuss your slip and fall at Pet Supplies Plus and how you can seek compensation for your injuries and losses due to the fall.
It is not uncommon for a slip and fall victim to overlook many injuries that will worsen over time and without proper medical care. And this vital medical care can become very expensive. The team at DTLA Law Group will help you protect yourself and your right to file a lawsuit should you determine that you will require additional medical treatment for any injuries suffered due to a slip and fall incident at Pet Supplies Plus.
Suffering A Dog Bite At Pet Supplies Plus
With many shoppers bringing their dogs to Pet Supplies Plus, it can be very unnerving for the animals. Many are not used to being around countless other dogs in a strange, new environment and seeing so many strangers while confined to a leash. Most dogs will hide or run when confronted with a new and unsettling situation. However, when restrained on a leash, the typical dog can become scared and lash out when unable to retreat. So dog bites at Pet Supplies Plus are more common than many people might expect.
If you have suffered a dog bite while visiting Pet Supplies Plus, it is vital to understand whom to hold responsible and the information you should gather immediately after the incident. Unfortunately, many dog bite victims are unaware that California is a strict liability state when evaluating dog bites. This means the dog owner is almost always responsible for the dog’s actions and any damages caused by the dog. So while you cannot typically sue Pet Supplies Plus for your dog bite injuries, you can seek compensation from the dog’s owner.
What You Need To Know About Dog Bites
Every dog bite has the potential to be very serious and result in life-threatening damage to a human. While the damage to soft tissue and bone is not always severe, or even more than a small scratch or puncture wound, the more concerning issue is related to infection. A dog’s mouth and saliva are filled with germs and bacteria that are not harmful to the dog. However, a human’s immune system cannot always overcome them. All it takes is a single tooth to break the surface of your skin to introduce germs and bacteria into your body.
The most commonly known infection associated with a dog bite is rabies. However, when dogs have all their shots, rabies is extremely rare. But, many other conditions are less well known but occur quite often after a dog bite, including:
- Staph Infection
- Strep Infection
- Blood Infection
- Bone Infection
So regardless of how severe the dog bite injury appears, it is critical to seek a medical evaluation and cleaning of the injury. This simple step can be all that is needed to avoid the severe pain, swelling, and complications of an infected dog bite.
What To Do After Suffering A Dog Bite At Pet Supplies Plus
Medical attention is vital after any dog bite, and if the injuries are severe, call 911 for emergency medical assistance. However, if you can gather a small amount of information before seeking medical care, it could be beneficial.
Why Choose DTLA Law Group As Your Pet Supplies Plus Injury Lawyer
- Get the contact information for the dog owner and vet to ensure it is current on its shots.
- Ask for the contact information from any witnesses to the dog bite and a statement if they are willing to write one for you.
- Notify the store manager of the dog bite, get the contact information for the store and manager, and ask if an incident report will be completed and how you can receive a copy of the completed report.
- Get a picture of the dig bite wound as quickly as possible and a picture of the dog that bit you.
- Seek medical treatment for the dog bite injury.
- Contact DTLA Law Group to discuss your case at a free consultation with a dog bite injury lawyer.
The staff at DTLA Law Group has decades of experience working with dog bite and slip and fall injury victims. Our team understands how these injuries can appear mild at first and become much more severe or even debilitating without the proper medical care. We are here 24/7 to answer your urgent questions about liability and how to move forward to protect your rights as a personal injury victim.
No Upfront Legal Fees At DTLA Law Group
When you hire DTLA Law Group to handle your Pet Supply Plus injury lawsuit, our staff pledges their complete dedication and effort in securing the compensation you deserve. We work tirelessly to ensure that the settlement or verdict you receive covers all your expenses and losses to ensure that you can move forward from this challenging incident without the worry of additional financial hardships due to someone else’s negligence. And we never ask for payment until we have secured the compensation you deserve. And if we fail to win your case, you owe us nothing. So please get in touch with DTLA Law Group after suffering an injury at a Pet Supplies Plus store to ensure your rights are protected.