Petsmart Injury Lawyer Dog Bite Lawsuit
When you shop at Petsmart, the last thing you expect is to suffer an injury due to someone else’s negligence. However, it is not as unusual as you might think due to the number of dogs that can be found walking through the store with their owners. Some are there to help select their new toys or kibble, while others are seeing the groomer or there to attend an obedience class. But regardless of the reason for the dog’s visit to Petsmart, it is the owner’s responsibility to maintain control of the dog and its actions.
But if you suffered a dog bite, something clearly went wrong. And you are sure to have many questions about whom to consider responsible and how to pursue getting the compensation that is owed to you. However, your first challenge is finding a reliable legal resource to provide the answers you need promptly and professionally.
Fortunately, the legal experts at DTLA Law Group are here to provide the answers and legal guidance you need to understand your rights after suffering a dog bite while at Petsmart. Your consultation is free, and there is no obligation to work with DTLA Law Group should you decide to file a lawsuit to recover the compensation owed to you. We are here 24/7 to take your call and answer your immediate questions, as well as schedule your free consultation with a Petsmart dog bite injury lawyer.Understanding California Strict Liability Related To Dog Bites
When you get bit by a dog in a Petsmart, you undoubtedly want to know whom to hold responsible for your injuries and medical expenses. Your first thought might be a lawsuit against Petsmart because they allowed the dog to enter the store. However, you might also think that the dog owner is liable for the damage caused by their dog. And in California, that is almost always the case.
Strict liability means that a dog owner is typically responsible for the actions of their dog and any damage that action causes. So unless the dog bite victim was injuring or abusing the animal or on the premises illegally, the dog’s owner is responsible for any injuries caused when their dog bites someone. Sadly, all pet owners should be aware of strict liability in California, but not all are. So you will want to be sure to take the proper steps to protect yourself and your rights as quickly as possible.
In most cases, if you are bit at Petsmart, the dog’s owner is nearby and can get the dog under control relatively quickly. So the injury could appear to be nothing more than a few minor puncture wounds or slight lacerations. However, the bite could still become life-threatening if not treated by a medical professional.
The hazards of a gapping dog bite are apparent and include blood loss, significant soft tissue damage, and even bone damage. However, even a minor dog bite can also very quickly become infected and lead to severe health concerns and even death. The germs and bacteria in a dog’s mouth and saliva can be fatal to a human, even though they pose no risk to the dog. In addition, shots and vaccinations do not prevent the germs and bacteria that cause cellulitis and other infections, including strep, staph, blood, and bone infections. Without proper treatment and antibiotics, the wound and infection could require surgery or become life-threatening. So no matter what the dog bite looks like or how severe you or the dog owner feel the injury might be, seek an evaluation from a medical professional to ensure your long-term health and safety.What To Do After Suffering A Dog Bite At Petsmart
Certainly, you will call 911 if the dog aggressively attacks you and causes severe damage. However, it is vital that you take precautions, even when the dog bite appears superficial. Following these simple steps will help protect your rights, and financial security should the dog bite injury become infected and require extensive medical care.
- Get the contact information for the dog owner and a picture of the dog.
- Get the contact information of any witnesses to the dog bite and ask them to send you a written statement of what they saw before and when the dog bit you.
- Request the contact information for the dog’s vet and contact them to ensure the dog is healthy and up to date on shots and vaccines.
- Take pictures of the dog bite injury as soon as possible.
- Notify the manager of the Petsmart location of the dog bite and complete any forms they might require related to an onsite injury. And ask for contact information for the on-duty manager.
- Seek a medical evaluation of the dog bite injuries.
- Contact DTLA Law Group to better understand your rights as a dog bite injury victim in California and how to move forward if you need to file a lawsuit to recover the compensation owed to you for your injuries.
The majority of the value of personal injury lawsuits in California is based on the expenses and losses incurred by the victim. For example, in the case of your Petsmart dog bite injuries, the compensation might include some or all of the following amounts:
- The cost of all medical care related to the dog bite injuries, including evaluations, treatment, medications, surgeries, reconstruction, therapy, and rehabilitation, is included. In addition, the cost of any emotional therapy due to the trauma you suffered can be included in your lawsuit.
- The amount of your lost wages if you are unable to work while you are healing and the amount of wages lost when you are attending medical treatment for the dog bite injuries.
- The full amount of your legal fees for filing a lawsuit against the dog owner to recover the compensation that is owed to you
- In many dog bite cases, a dollar amount is added to account for the pain and suffering you endured due to the dog bite injuries, treatment, and recovery process.
The staff at DTLA Law Group will work with you to ensure you have compiled all the acceptable expenses you can claim in your lawsuit. With decades of combined experience, our personal injury lawyers and staff have the expertise to help you gather all the documents needed to justify your request for complete compensation for all your losses.
As hard as it might be to believe, all legal matters are unique and have different requirements and timetables. Everything from the severity of your injuries and the actions of the defendant to the court’s workload will impact how long is needed to complete your lawsuit. For example, cases that end in a settlement typically are faster than those that go to court and end in a verdict. However, there are never any guarantees.
In addition, it is vital to understand that as a dog bite injury victim, you have only two years from the date of the injury, in most instances, to file your lawsuit with the court system. If you wait longer than two years, the claim will be denied. So it is vital for you to begin working with the dog bite injury experts at DTLA Law Group as soon after the injury as possible. Getting a fast start is often very helpful when gathering witness statements, compiling evidence, and moving a case toward a settlement rather than the more lengthy court appearance and verdict in your favor.Why Select DTLA Law Group To Handle Your Petsmart Dog Bite Injury Lawsuit?
At DTLA Law Group, we understand the trauma and stress you are under after a dog bite injury. We realize that this event could result in many challenges, from missed work and lost wages to nightmares and long-term physical limitations. Our team of caring and dedicated lawyers and legal professionals is here to assist you in securing the compensation you deserve for your injuries, losses, and the suffering you have endured.
We put your needs ahead of all else when handling your dog bite injury case. There are never upfront legal fees or expenses you are asked to pay out of your pocket. Instead, we pledge to only ask for our payment after we have secured a settlement or verdict in your favor. And if we fail to win your case and get you the money you need, you owe us nothing. We consider it unethical to ask a client to pay us for our failure and a broken promise to help you.
So don’t hesitate to get in touch with the dog bite lawsuit experts at DTLA Law Group for answers to any questions related to your rights as a dog bite injury victim or seeking the compensation you deserve for your injuries. We are here 24/7 to take your call and schedule a free consultation with a personal injury lawyer at your earliest convenience. We will not rest until justice is served and you are fully and fairly compensated for all you endured.
Other Pages on Our Website Related to This Topic
Dog Urine Slip and Fall Pet Store
Dog Urine at Ralphs Slip and Fall
Dog Leash Injury Lawyer
Over $500 Million Recovered
for Our Clients
YOU Deserve the Best
Free Case Review 24/7
You Don’t Pay unless we win
By submitting this form, you agree to receive telephone calls and text messages at anytime, which include hours outside of business hours (8:00 am PST – 9:00 pm PST). This is so that we may reach you as soon as possible in order to consult on your potential case.
– Santa Clarita Personal Injury Lawyers
– Santa Barbara Personal Injury Attorneys
– Santa Maria Personal Injury Attorneys
– Redondo Beach Personal Injury Attorneys
– Rialto Personal Injury Attorneys
– San Marcos personal injury attorneys
– Rancho Cucamonga Personal Injury Lawyers
– Pomona Personal Injury Attorneys
– Redlands Personal Injury Lawyers
– Ontario personal injury lawyers
– Lake Elsinore Personal Injury Attorneys
– La Habra Personal Injury Lawyers
– Lakewood Personal Injury Lawyers
– Indio personal injury lawyers
– Irvine personal injury attorneys
– Glendale personal injury attorneys
– Highland personal injury attorneys
– Huntington Park personal injury lawyers
– Corona personal injury lawyers
– El Cajon personal injury attorneys
– Costa Mesa personal injury attorneys
– Compton personal injury lawyers
– Chino Personal Injury Attorneys
– Chula Vista Personal Injury Attorneys
– Baldwin Park Personal Injury Attorneys
– Bellflower Personal Injury Lawyers
– Anaheim personal injury lawyers
– Prisoner Personal Injury Attorney