Parking Lot Trip And Fall Cracked Concrete Lawyer
Finding a parking space in Los Angeles, San Diego, or any of the major cities in California can be a challenge. So when you discover a space available in a parking lot, you almost feel as if you have won the parking lottery. A parking space, not miles from your destination or along a busy street loaded with safety hazards, is a welcome way to begin your day. But many drivers quickly discover that some hazards are more prevalent in parking lots than in any other part of the city.
You appreciate the lack of traffic and cars zipping past your door as you exit your vehicle in a peaceful parking lot. But just steps away could be a section of cracked concrete that will pose much more of a safety risk than you might experience parking along the street. Sadly, the owners of most parking lots are far less dedicated to inspecting and making repairs to any damaged concrete surface in a parking lot than those on street surfaces.
So if you have suffered a trip and fall injury due to cracked concrete in a California parking lot, you need to contact DTLA Law Group as quickly as possible. In addition, you need to understand your rights as a personal injury victim to ensure that you protect your best interests and financial future. The team at DTLA Law Group is available 24/7 to answer your time-sensitive questions and schedule a free consultation with a California parking lot trip and fall cracked concrete lawyer.Cracked Concrete Trip And Fall Injuries Can Be Life-Altering
While a small crack in a concrete pad or panel could result in nothing more than a stumble, no concrete damage remains small for very long. The nature of concrete is to begin to degrade and disintegrate rapidly once the surface integrity is compromised. So a tiny crack quickly becomes a series of cracks with large pieces of missing concrete. Now the minor hazard is a significant problem that can catch a toe or cause a pedestrian to lose their footing instantly.
The result of a trip and fall due to cracked concrete can range from somewhat minor injuries to those that are life-altering or even life-threatening. Some of the more common injuries caused by cracked or damaged concrete include:
- Lacerations, abrasions, and bruises
- Fractures and broken bones
- Soft tissue damage to muscle, tendons, or nerves
- Internal injuries, including bleeding and organ damage
- Back and neck injuries that can include paralysis
- Head injuries such as a concussion, traumatic brain injury, or skull fracture
You might feel that some of these injuries can be managed without a visit to a medical professional. However, many injuries and their severity can be masked by your adrenaline and the shock of the incident. Therefore, seeking a complete medical evaluation after a trip and fall in cracked concrete in a parking lot is always the wise choice.
Determining who is responsible for the care of the concrete that caused your injuries is vital to establishing liability for your injuries and medical bills to care for them. In general, the owner of every property is required to maintain the space in a safe and hazard-free manner under the guidelines of premises liability. This section of the law defines the duty of care of any property owner. And when a property owner fails to meet this basic level of care, they are said to be in breach of their duty of care.
Duty of care applies to all commercial, private, and public properties for the safety of those visiting the spaces. In the case of your trip and fall in a parking lot, the owner of the lot, or possibly a property management firm, is typically the one to be held responsible for the poor condition of the concrete that caused your fall and injuries.Gathering Vital Information To Protect Yourself And Your Rights
If you have been injured when you tripped and fell on cracked concrete in a parking lot, your priority should always be your health. If the injuries are severe, call 911 for emergency medical care. However, if you are able to drive yourself to a medical facility, you should consider gathering some essential information before leaving the scene of the incident.
If a lot attendant is working on the property, notify them of your trip and fall incident and injury. And gather the following information and images to provide to your legal team should you opt for a lawsuit against the owner of the parking lot:
- Photos of the damaged or cracked concrete that caused your fall
- Images of your injuries from the fall
- Pictures of any personal property that was damaged in the incident
- Contact information and a written statement from any witnesses of the trip and fall
- The name and contact information of the lot attendant on duty at the time of your fall
All of this information could be critical in securing the compensation owed for the injuries you sustained when tripping and falling over the cracked concrete in the parking lot. In addition, if witnesses are nearby, you can ask that they take a few pictures of you and the damaged concrete before you even get up to show the immediate result of the cracked concrete.What Is The Value Of The Typical Trip And Fall Lawsuit?
You will have a better idea of the potential value of your lawsuit after speaking with the experts at your DTLA Law Group free consultation. In most instances, the lawsuit’s value is based on the losses and expenses you suffer as the victim. The staff will help you understand which items can be included in your claim, which typically are:
- The total of your current medical bills and an estimated amount for any future care required by the injuries
- The amount of any lost wages if you could not work while healing from your injuries and the time you miss from work to attend medical appointments related to the trip and fall injuries
- The value of any property damaged or destroyed in the fall
- The amount of your legal fees for the lawsuit
- There is also the potential to include a dollar amount to represent your pain and suffering due to the injuries you sustained
The Statute of Limitations determines how long you have to file your claim with the court system. For example, if the parking lot is privately owned, you have two years from the date of the injury to file your case with the court system. However, if the parking lot is owned by any government entity, such as the state or city, you have only six months from the date of the incident to file the case with the court. Your DTLA Law Group team will help you understand the time frame to file your claim and work diligently to ensure the matter is filed on time to protect your right to seek compensation.
It is also essential to consider that a lawsuit can take months to complete once it reaches the court. So the sooner your case is prepared and filed, the faster it will reach completion. This factor is essential to many victims who need the settlement or verdict money to pay medical bills and other expenses related to their injuries. While the DTLA team will work as quickly as possible to prepare and litigate your case, fast action on your part to secure legal representation is the first vital step in getting the compensation you deserve.No Upfront Legal Fees Or Added Stress
When you decide to work with the legal experts at DTLA Law Group, there are never any upfront legal fees or expenses you are asked to pay. We understand that many injury victims cannot work and face significant medical costs and other financial hardships. So we never want to add to that stress and concern. Instead, we have a strict policy only to get paid after our client is paid. You will not hear a word from DTLA Law Group about our payment until you have your settlement or verdict, which should include money to pay for your legal representation. And if we fail to win your case, you owe us nothing for our time.
Our goal is to provide the reliable resource and legal expertise that personal injury victims need when seeking justice. The legal system can be complex and intimidating, especially when facing many other challenges in your life. And we are here to handle all of these added complications to ensure that you can focus on healing and restoring your life to its pre-injury routine and level of enjoyment.
If you have suffered injuries due to a trip and fall due to cracked concrete in a parking lot, don’t hesitate to get in touch with DTLA Law Group today. Our expert trip and fall injury lawyers are here to provide the answers you need and guidance to protect your rights and financial future at a free initial consultation. We are here 24/7 and ready to offer our expertise.
Other Pages on Our Website Related to This Topic
Parking Lot Accident Lawyer
Finding Your Parking Lot Attendant Injury Attorney
Understanding Your Rights As The Victim Of A Trip And Fall Incident in A Downtown Los Angeles Parking Lot
Over $500 Million Recovered
for Our Clients
YOU Deserve the Best
Free Case Review 24/7
You Don’t Pay unless we win
By submitting this form, you agree to receive telephone calls and text messages at anytime, which include hours outside of business hours (8:00 am PST – 9:00 pm PST). This is so that we may reach you as soon as possible in order to consult on your potential case.
– Santa Clarita Personal Injury Lawyers
– Santa Barbara Personal Injury Attorneys
– Santa Maria Personal Injury Attorneys
– Redondo Beach Personal Injury Attorneys
– Rialto Personal Injury Attorneys
– San Marcos personal injury attorneys
– Rancho Cucamonga Personal Injury Lawyers
– Pomona Personal Injury Attorneys
– Redlands Personal Injury Lawyers
– Ontario personal injury lawyers
– Lake Elsinore Personal Injury Attorneys
– La Habra Personal Injury Lawyers
– Lakewood Personal Injury Lawyers
– Indio personal injury lawyers
– Irvine personal injury attorneys
– Glendale personal injury attorneys
– Highland personal injury attorneys
– Huntington Park personal injury lawyers
– Corona personal injury lawyers
– El Cajon personal injury attorneys
– Costa Mesa personal injury attorneys
– Compton personal injury lawyers
– Chino Personal Injury Attorneys
– Chula Vista Personal Injury Attorneys
– Baldwin Park Personal Injury Attorneys
– Bellflower Personal Injury Lawyers
– Anaheim personal injury lawyers
– Prisoner Personal Injury Attorney