Finding Your Parking Lot Attendant Injury Attorney
Anyone who has worked as a parking lot attendant in Los Angeles or the surrounding communities knows that this job has its share of challenges. These employees earn their pay from dealing with frustrated customers to enduring adverse weather conditions. But what many of these hard-working individuals never consider is what would happen to them and their loved ones if they were seriously injured while at work.
Unless you understand the law and your rights as an injured parking lot attendant, you could face mounting medical bills and other living expenses. And if the injuries are severe, you might be unable to work and earn money to pay the medical bills and your daily living expenses. The most crucial information any parking lot attendant injury victim needs to know is that worker’s compensation insurance is a service designed to help injured employees after being hurt on the job. And the team at DTLA Law has the expertise in worker’s comp cases to ensure that you have the help you need immediately after you have been injured and during your recovery process.Understanding The California No-Fault Workers Compensation System
There is no doubt that the California workers comp program is very beneficial to employees and employers. However, the system can be quite complex if you are not familiar with the processes and procedures to use the benefits when you need them after an on-the-job injury. The first essential information workers, such as an injured parking lot attendant, need to understand is that as a no-fault system, workers cannot sue their employer in court for damages after an injury incident. In addition, the employee does not need to prove that the employer was at fault for the injury. All the employee needs to verify is that the injury was work-related, which is simple when it occurred at your place of work.
Once the injuries are deemed work-related, the worker’s comp system provides:
- Medical care costs that include treatment, medications, medical devices, and transportation needed to receive medical care for the sustained injuries
- Temporary disability payments are also paid to the injured employee for up to two years from the date of the work-related injury. In addition, some extenuating circumstances and conditions increase the term of the temporary disability payments to a full five years from the date of the injury.
- Permanent disability payments are provided to victims who are so severely injured that they cannot return to their former job or seek alternative types of employment. This long-term disability can range from four weeks to 14 years, based on the injury sustained.
- Life pension payments are also provided to victims who are severely disabled due to the injuries they sustained at work.
- Vocational retraining is another benefit offered to help an injury victim learn a new skill or trade if they are unable to return to their previous job.
If your employer is not forthcoming and helpful as you attempt to use worker’s comp services after you were injured while working as a parking lot attendant, contact the California workers comp experts at DTLA Law for assistance. Our staff will work diligently to protect your rights and ensure you have full access to all the services and benefits offered under the worker’s comp program.
Working in a Los Angeles parking lot, there are many hazards that you face each day. But not all of them are related to the condition and safety of your work environment. And not all of the dangers are the responsibility of your employer. In some cases, a parking lot attendant is injured by a customer in the parking lot. If your injury was caused by a driver or customer in the parking lot, you need to contact the personal injury experts at DTLA Law. We will ensure that you have the legal representation required to protect your rights and financial future.Common Injuries Sustained By A Parking Lot Attendant
Sadly, distracted drivers are everywhere, including parking lots in Los Angeles and the surrounding cities. And while these drivers pose a serious risk to other drivers, they also risk the lives and safety of parking lot attendants. Even what appears to be a minor collision between a car and a parking lot attendant can result in life-altering or life-threatening injuries including:
- Fractures or broken bones
- Soft tissue damage, such as sprains, strains, and tears
- Nerve damage
- Head trauma, including concussions, brain contusions, and injuries to the skull
- Damage to the neck, back, or spinal cord
- Internal injuries or bleeding
- Lacerations or puncture wounds resulting in permanent scarring and disfigurement
Sadly, there are no minor incidents when a parking lot attendant is struck by a vehicle weighing 2,00 to 4,000 pounds or more. Therefore, immediate medical care is the priority if you have been injured by a car while working as a parking lot attendant. Once you are safe and have received professional medical care and injury evaluations, you should call DTLA Law, the experts in the parking lot attendant injury cases in Los Angeles.What Could Your Settlement Be Worth, And When Will I See The Money?
While the average parking lot vehicle damage settlement ranges from a few thousand dollars to around $20,000, accidents involving injuries to the parking lot attendant can be significantly larger. The team at DTLA Law can provide you with a more realistic estimate of the value of your case after a free consultation to discuss the details of the incident and your injuries. Only with a complete evaluation of the fact can any legal expert estimate a potential case value.
Much like determining the value of an injury settlement, knowing the time it will take to secure your payment varies depending on many details. The time needed can range from weeks or months to more than a year in complex cases. The severity of your injuries and the length of your treatment to achieve a full recovery is the most crucial factor in many injury settlement timeframes. While you are eager to get the money to begin paying bills, it is essential that you be patient. It is the only way to ensure that you have an accurate accounting of all medical care costs, medication expenses, and lost wages before determining the amount you will request as a full settlement. The team at DTLA Law has decades of combined experience working with injury victims like you and helping them make wise financial choices when making a request for a settlement. We are happy to put our years of expertise to work for you to protect your rights and secure full compensation for your injuries, loss, and suffering.
In the State of California, victims have two years from the date of their injury to file a claim against the driver of the vehicle that injured them. However, victims must understand that taking action soon after the injury is the best way to ensure a positive outcome. Contacting DTLA Law as soon as you are able to discuss your injuries and the events surrounding the incident is a smart choice. This fast action on your part allows your legal team to begin gathering information such as witness statements, photos of the parking lot where you work, and possibly even photos of the vehicle that struck you. When you wait longer to take action, it can be more challenging to acquire the information needed to encourage a fast and non-disputed settlement from the responsible driver or their insurance company.We Work For Free Until We Succeed
At DTLA Law, we understand that many accident victims are worried about how they will survive financially until they receive compensation. In addition, they know that hiring a legal professional is the best way to secure a fair settlement, even if it does cost them some money. So it can be very stressful to choose between hiring a lawyer and simply taking the first offer made by the driver that struck them. But in LA, injury victims have another choice. You can contact DTLA Law to secure expert personal injury representation at no out-of-pocket expense.
Our team wants to help you get what is owed to you under the law. And we want to do it without adding to your stress and any financial challenges you might be facing as a result of your injuries. Our pledge to you is 100% dedication to protecting your best interest and only taking payment for our services after we obtain a settlement or verdict in your favor. We want you to stop worrying about how to pay for legal services and focus on healing while our experts work to secure the settlement that you deserve.
Other Pages on Our Website Related to This Topic
How To Get Fair Compensation After Being Hit By A Parking Lot Attendant
Understanding Your Rights As The Victim Of A Trip And Fall Incident in A Downtown Los Angeles Parking Lot
Trip and Fall in a Parking Lot
Over $500 Million Recovered
for Our Clients
YOU Deserve the Best
Free Case Review 24/7
You Don’t Pay unless we win
By submitting this form, you agree to receive telephone calls and text messages at anytime, which include hours outside of business hours (8:00 am PST – 9:00 pm PST). This is so that we may reach you as soon as possible in order to consult on your potential case.
– Santa Clarita Personal Injury Lawyers
– Santa Barbara Personal Injury Attorneys
– Santa Maria Personal Injury Attorneys
– Redondo Beach Personal Injury Attorneys
– Rialto Personal Injury Attorneys
– San Marcos personal injury attorneys
– Rancho Cucamonga Personal Injury Lawyers
– Pomona Personal Injury Attorneys
– Redlands Personal Injury Lawyers
– Ontario personal injury lawyers
– Lake Elsinore Personal Injury Attorneys
– La Habra Personal Injury Lawyers
– Lakewood Personal Injury Lawyers
– Indio personal injury lawyers
– Irvine personal injury attorneys
– Glendale personal injury attorneys
– Highland personal injury attorneys
– Huntington Park personal injury lawyers
– Corona personal injury lawyers
– El Cajon personal injury attorneys
– Costa Mesa personal injury attorneys
– Compton personal injury lawyers
– Chino Personal Injury Attorneys
– Chula Vista Personal Injury Attorneys
– Baldwin Park Personal Injury Attorneys
– Bellflower Personal Injury Lawyers
– Anaheim personal injury lawyers
– Prisoner Personal Injury Attorney
Free Case Review 24/7