Every year thousands of pregnant women in the United States are involved in accidents in the workplace. Tragically, in many instances such accidents not only result in injuries to the mother but can lead to fetal miscarriage. Victims of workplace injury including loss of pregnancy may be entitled to financial recovery via the filing of a worker’s compensation claim or a single party personal injury lawsuit. Legal Help: Our law firm is dedicated to providing expert legal assistance to individuals who have suffered serious injuries including a loss of pregnancy due to an accident in the workplace, exposure to toxic chemicals, acts of violence in intentional harm in the workplace. Common Causes of Pregnancy Loss – Fetal Death in the Workplace: There can be many causes of a miscarriage which arise from a workplace environment. Some of the most common are as follows…
- Acute or chronic exposure to harmful chemicals including benzene exposure in the workplace, carbon monoxide, mercury, toxic mold, and hepatitis.
- Slip and fall accidents resulting in loss of fetus.
- Auto accidents including commercial vehicle crashes.
- Acts of violence in the workplace.
- Tripping over loose wiring and broken carpeting in the workplace.
- Fetal injury resulting in birth defects – resulting in a wrongful life cause of action.
Workers Compensation Benefits Available for Injured Employees:Victims of serious injuries due to accidents in the workplace are entitled to the following benefits under a worker’s compensation system.
- Full compensation for medical care.
- Temporary disability benefits.
- Permanent disability benefits – the amount of benefits here will be determined by certain factors including doctors medical reports, age of the injured individual, and your occupation.
- Job replacement costs.
- Death Benefits.
Filing a Personal Injury Lawsuit – Compensation Available in Single Party Civil Lawsuits:In some instances victims of injury in the workplace may have a right to file a personal injury lawsuit outside of the scope of their states workers compensation benefit system. In those instance compensation will be bases on several significant factors including
- The level and severity of the physical harm suffered.
- Past and future medical costs and rehabilitations expenses.
- Pain and suffering compensation including PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress).
- Lost wages and loss of future earning capacity due to a long term or permanent disability.