Car Washes are a mainstay of the California car culture. We want to keep our cars clean and well maintained at all times. Sadly in many instances Car Wash owners fail to maintain a safe hazard free premises leading to serious injuries
to customers and car wash workers alike. Some of the most common injuries to take place in carwashes include
Automatic Car Wash Hazards
- Slip and Fall Injuries
- Broken Wrist
- Broken Tailbone
- Brain Injury and Permanent Brain Damage
- Neck injuries including Whiplash
- Falling Object Injuries
- Chemical and Hazardous waste injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Paraplegia and Quadriplegia
- Fractured Bones
- Facial Lacerations
- Chemical Burns
- Stuck By Moving Vehicles
: Conveyor Spinning Brushed are the cause of many injuries in car washed across the county. In may instances car was employees are not given the proper instructions and training required to handle such machinery. If workers are injured due to a failure of proper training then car wash owners and managers may be held liable.
If you have suffered any of the above injuries in a car wash contact our California Personal Injury Lawyers today for a Free No Cost Evaluation of Your Claim. (888) 649-7166
Car wash Liability for my injuries: Can I Recover for My damages?
Liability in a persona injury claim can be based on two premises. (1) The courts must establish the car wash owner or manager was negligent. Or (2) Premises liability Claim: where property owners owe a duty to protect visitors from dangerous conduction on their premises.
Negligence requires the demonstration of four elements:
(1) A Duty of Care is owed to the plaintiff under the circumstances, (2) the responsible party breach their duty of care to the injured party (plaintiff) (3) the defendant was the actual and proximate cause of the plaintiff’s damages and (4) the plaintiff actually suffered some harm (psychological or physical) as a result of the defendants negligence.
Premises Liability Creating a Duty of Care:
An invitee is owed the highest duty of care. They are any individual who is either expressly or impliedly invited to another person’s premises for their mutual benefit.
Any individual who enters the premises at the owner or possessors consent for a non business or commercial purpose. The most common example is a social guest. In order to recover as a licensee, a victim must establish (all three):
Recovery for your damages in a car wash can include:
- The owner or possessor knew or should have known of the dangerous condition, and should have known that it created an unreasonable risk of harm, and likewise should have known that the plaintiff would fail to discover the dangerous condition
- The owner or possessor did not make the condition safe or failed to warn the licensee of the condition
- The licensee did not know of the dangerous condition or the risks involved.
Every case is different, and the amount of recovery for each case is unique. Compensation for your injuries may include
- Medical costs resulting from hospital and emergency room care, physical therapy, ambulance costs and rehabilitation
- Future medical care
- Loss or income
- Loss of future earnings
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional and psychological damages
- Punitive damages where the property owners displayed reckless behavior or gross negligence
- Property damage
- Loss of consortium
Why Choose Downtown LA Law as your Personal Injury Lawyers
If you’ve sustained injuries due to negligent actions of a car wash owner, you must first tend to your wounds and heal your injuries. Seeking vindication of your rights is our job
Our aggressive and tenacious personal injury attorneys will keep on the offensive until they make sure you have been fully compensated for your injuries and vindicated for your loss. We will go to trial and take on drivers that were negligent and their insurance carriers’ so that your rights are protected.
Remember: it is crucial to act quickly after your injury to contact a lawyer that will fight got you.
Call us for a free consultation
with one of our skilled attorneys concerning any legal course of action for your claim: (855-385-2529)