Defective workout benches pose a grave threat to consumers. According to recent data more than 3,000 individuals a year suffer from severe injuries due to collapsing workout benches in homes and gyms across the United States. Benches can include straight bench presses, incline bench presses, decline benches, and squat rack benches. Some of the most common causes of collapsing benches include the following…
- Defectively designed or manufactures workout equipment.
- Failure to properly install the workout bench.
- Failure to properly maintain the bench for safe use by the user.
Victims of injuries due to the negligence of others are entitled to compensation for all harms suffered. Common injuries: Some of the most common injuries include the following…
- Spinal cord injuries including disc fractures.
- Head injuries including concussion and TBI.
- Broken bones.
- Facial injuries due to falling in weight: this can include broken noses and ocular damage.
- Emotional damage – including PTDS, anxiety and depression.
Defective Product Lawsuits Explained
There are three ways to prove the existence of a defect in a product. (1) Defect in the products original design. (2) Defect in the manufacturing process of the product. (3) Defect in the labeling – failure to properly warn of all hazards associated with the use of the product.