On July 13, 2023, Yamaha recalled around 370 Personal Transportation Vehicles due to a malfunction that may cause the vehicle to accelerate unexpectedly. The risk of serious injury is extremely high for those on board, and as a result, consumers should stop using these vehicles immediately.
The PTVs were sold in a variety of colors, including white, orange, green, and blue. The recall affects vehicles that were produced in 2023 under the following model numbers: Drive2 QuieTech PTV, Drive2 Powertech AC PTV, UMAX Rally 2+2 AC, Concierge 4E, and Drive2 Powertech AC Li PTV. If you own one of these PTVs, please stop using the vehicle immediately and contact Yamaha Golf-Car company to schedule a free repair.
You may be entitled to additional remedies from the manufacturer if you had an accident on a recalled Yamaha Personal Transportation Vehicle. For information on your right to file a lawsuit against the company, contact our law firm.
Potential Injuries from a Vehicle Crash
Crashing a PTV can lead to serious injuries for the driver and passengers, as there are no doors, windows, or other protective barriers around each person. Here are the most common injuries you can end up with from a Yamaha Personal Transportation Vehicle accident:
What to Do if You’ve been Injured by this Product
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injury
- Dislocated joints
- Injury to the neck and spinal cord
- Fracture of the hip or pelvis
- Damage to the internal organs
- Loss of function due to nerve damage
- Burn injuries
- Disfigurement, like permanent scars
- Coma / death
From the moment you are injured, there are steps you should take to preserve evidence and build a solid case against the manufacturer:
- Take photos of the accident site, the damaged vehicle, and the injuries you’ve sustained.
- Get contact information from witnesses, if any, which will allow you to obtain witness statements.
- Seek medical treatment within 24 hours of the accident.
- Call the manufacturer and report the accident, but do not agree to have the product repaired or accept any other remedy from the manufacturer.
- Keep all your medical records with other evidence (proof of missed days from work, damaged belongings from the accident, etc.) in a safe place.
- Reach out to a lawyer with experience in defective product injury cases.
How to File a Class Action Claim
Is there a class action lawsuit on behalf of Yamaha Personal Transpiration Vehicle injury victims?
If this question has been on your mind, contact us right away to speak with an experienced class action lawyer. We can help you initiate a class action claim or join an existing lawsuit with others. You can also file a personal injury claim on your own, which is another option we can discuss with you. Whichever road you choose, you can count on us to fight for every penny you deserve from a defective product accident lawsuit.
Speak to an Experienced Product Recall Lawyer
DTLA Law Group is here for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, so don’t hesitate to call us if you’ve had an accident involving a Yamaha Personal Transportation Vehicle. We will provide you with a free case evaluation so that you can learn about your rights and legal options. If pursuing a class action lawsuit or personal injury claim is right for you, our lawyers are ready for the challenge of securing maximum payment for your injuries.
Our attorneys work on contingency, so you pay absolutely nothing to hire us. We receive a portion of your settlement check at the end of your case, and that’s the only way we get paid. Since you have nothing to lose, please take the opportunity of contacting us if you or a loved one was injured by a defective Personal Transportation Vehicle by Yamaha.