Crate and Barrel has recently recalled around 280 units of the Thornhill Dark Brown and Natural Baby Cribs. The cribs have a dark brown exterior with gold-capped feet, and the numbers 304-903s printed on the mattress support board. The recall was issued after multiple complaints of the mattress pins not fitting properly, which can cause the mattress to fall. This is a fall hazard for babies, so the manufacturer has advised consumers to stop using the recalled cribs immediately.
Crate and Barrel is reaching out directly to all known customers, but you can also contact them to request a full refund or replacement product. This is all fine and well if your baby hasn’t been injured, but what if there is an accident due to the mattress falling off the crib? You may have grounds to sue the manufacturer for any injuries to your child, so please contact our law firm to discuss your rights and legal options.
Injuries to Children from Falling out of Baby Cribs
A fall accident is serious enough when it happens to an adult, but babies are even more at risk of severe injuries, even when they fall from relatively low heights. Here are just some of the health issues that can affect your child if they fall out of their crib:
What to Do if Your Child was Injured from a Defective Crib Accident
- Skull fracture
- Traumatic brain injury
- Broken bones and fractures
- Loss of consciousness
- Damage to the internal organs
- Permanent scarring and other forms of skin damage
Obviously, your primary concern is ensuring your child’s safety, as infant and toddlers are extremely vulnerable to serious injuries if they fall from their crib. Please don’t wait to take the following steps after a defective baby crib accident:
- Seek medical attention immediately to stabilize your child’s condition and ensure the best possible recovery.
- If there are physical injuries, take photos or video of them to illustrate the severity of the accident.
- Call the manufacturer to notify them of the accident, but don’t accept any offers for a replacement product or refund until you’ve spoken with a lawyer.
- Gather evidence that will support your right to compensation, such as medical records and proof of wages you’ve lost from taking time off at work.
- Contact our office to discuss your legal options with a product recall lawyer.
Is there a Class Action Lawsuit on this Case?
It’s very common for accident victims to file as one entity when they’ve all suffered injuries from a defective product. Class action lawsuits or mass torts can be an effective way to obtain compensation from the manufacturer, but it’s important to discuss your available legal options with an experienced class action lawyer. Contact us at your earliest convenience if you’re interested in joining or initiating a class action claim.
Contact a Product Recall Lawyer
As a parent or caretaker, you trust that the products you buy for your child are safe and sturdy. Unfortunately, defective parts on a baby crib can cause devastating injuries with lifelong consequences. Our lawyers are here for you during this difficult time, and we will not rest until you receive justice from the manufacturer.
Our bills are paid by Crate and Barrel at the end of your case, so you won’t have to worry about the cost of hiring a lawyer. If we don’t succeed in recovering your settlement, you owe us nothing under the terms of the Zero Fee Guarantee. If you’re ready to learn more about your rights from one of our attorneys, please give us a call to schedule a free case review.