With over 500 Burger King locations in California, they are one of the most popular fast food chains that serve affordable burgers, fries, chicken, and drinks. There is typically at least one Burger King Location in most small towns or nearby, as well as many in larger cities like Los Angeles, San Diego, and San Francisco. So, most residents in the state are familiar with this fast food restaurant. But they might not know how many safety hazards can be found in the average Burger King or the serious slip and fall or falling object injuries suffered by many Burger King customers.
So the next time you walk into a Burger King to grab a fast meal, snack, or cup of coffee, be sure to watch for slip and fall hazards, trip and fall concerns, and even poorly lit spaces that could be the ideal location for a predator to lurk waiting to commit sexual abuse. And know that even though the staff of all Burger King locations is required to provide a set level of care and maintenance in the stores, it does not always happen. So, patrons need to be on the lookout for safety hazards and concerns to protect themselves and their loved ones.
In addition, if you have recently visited a Burger King and suffered an accident injury, you need to understand your rights as a personal injury victim and how to protect them. Sadly, many accidents in these fast food locations are caused due to the negligence of the staff. And if that is true in your instance, you could have grounds for a Burger King accident injury lawsuit. The team at DTLA Law Group takes calls 24/7 to assist victims just like yourself and to ensure they understand the implications of the choices they make after suffering an injury at a Burger King.
Please get in touch with the office of DTLA Law Group today to request a free consultation with a Burger King accident injury lawyer to determine if you have reason to sue BK for the compensation you deserve for your damages and losses.
Accident Injuries That Often Occur In Burger King
When you walk into a Burger King for a fast meal or snack, you expect it to be safe and free of common issues that could result in an accident and injury. Most of us never even think of the possibility of a hazard that could result in a trip to the emergency room or a need for medical attention. But the dangers are real and exist in almost every Burger King you enter every week. The most hazardous of these conditions include:
- Slip and fall injury incidents due to wet floors. The hazard could be because of a drink that was spilled, a leaking water line, or a clogged drain. But the result is all too often a slip and fall that causes significant injuries to the unsuspecting victim. Also, beware of wet floors that were recently mopped and have no caution signs alerting you to the extra care that is needed to avoid an injury.
- Trip and fall accident injuries can occur inside the Burger King restaurant or outside. You could face damaged sidewalk or parking lot surfaces that could cause a trip and fall harm before entering the store. Or the trip and fall could be caused by a damaged or folded floor mat, damaged floor surface, electrical cords or hoses left on the floor, or boxes that were left in the walkway instead of being correctly stowed in inventory.
- Injuries from falling objects are considered less common in Burger King because they do not display items on shelving units as a store would. However, lights, pictures, décor items, and ceiling tiles can still fall on patrons and cause significant injuries.
- Burn injuries could be caused by hot food or drinks, as well as damaged electrical cords or malfunctioning lighting. Patrons need to be proactive when picking up a drink to ensure the cup is not damaged and the lid is secured correctly. In addition, check food temperatures carefully and avoid touching lights or other electrical fixtures that could result in an electrical shock or burn.
- Assault and battery is typically thought of as an issue that is blamed on an attacker. However, if there are dark or overly secluded spaces in a BK, the store could share in the liability for injuries caused by an assault incident. The store could also be responsible if the attack were from a security employee at the store.
- Sexual assault, much like assault and battery, is typically blamed on the attacker. However, when Burger King does not provide adequate security, there are remote seating areas or poorly lit spaces, and they could share liability for these incidents.
These are just some of the incidents that you might encounter on your next visit to Burger King. And when you suffer injuries at any of the locations in California, it is essential you contact DTLA Law Group to speak to a Burger King accident injury lawyer. You need to know as quickly as possible if you have the right to sue Burger King for your losses and expenses caused by your injuries and how to protect yourself from the excessive medical expenses that you will incur in the future.
When Can I Sue Burger King For My Accident Injuries?
Many people think they can sue Burger King for any injury that occurs on their property. However, it is not that simple. Typically, for a victim to have the right to sue Burger King for injuries sustained at a restaurant, the incident must be caused by staff negligence.
Establishing negligence involves examining how well the team at BK followed the guidelines of duty of care to ensure the safety of customers at the restaurant. Duty of care is part of premises liability law and defines the minimum level of maintenance and care that must be provided by a business or property owner or their staff. The standard level is defined as what would be provided by the average prudent person. So you can imagine how you would handle common safety hazards in your home to know what is expected of the Burger King staff.
For example, if you would mop up spilled drinks to avoid a slip and fall injury incident, the staff at BK should do the same. And if you would repair a light that is no longer properly attached to the ceiling to prevent it from falling on a guest, then the Burger King staff should act accordingly. And if they cannot fix the issue, they should mark the area with caution signs to alert customers of the issue or close the section until it is repaired if the risk is significant.
When the staff at Burger King does not meet the minimum level of care required, they are negligent in their duty of care. And if that negligence is found to have caused or contributed to a patron’s accident injuries, the store could be held responsible for the victim’s losses and expenses due to their injuries. This is when your DTLA Law Group Burger King Accident injury lawyer will advise you of your right to seek compensation via a lawsuit.
How Much Is A Burger King Accident Injury Lawsuit Worth?
The value of your Burger King accident injury claim will be determined by calculating your allowable expenses created by the injuries you suffered. The most common items included in a personal injury lawsuit claim are:
- All medical expenses related to the injuries sustained at BK
- The value of any personal property damaged or destroyed in the incident
- Your lost income if the injuries prevent you from working
- The cost of legal fees from your DTLA Law Group Burger King accident injury lawyer
In the event of severe injuries, it is common to include an amount to compensate the victim for the pain and suffering caused by their injuries. Your legal team will assist you in selecting a suitable amount if this applies to your claim.
How Long Do I Have To Sue Burger King?
Personal injury victims are given two years from the incident date to file a claim against Burger King for their losses and expenses. If the case is not filed with the court by then, the victim will lose the right to seek compensation for losses and damage from that event.
Getting The Best Burger King Accident Injury Lawyer
The staff at DTLA Law Group is dedicated to helping personal injury victims secure the compensation they deserve for their injuries and losses. To help eliminate the stress of paying for our services, we accept all cases with legal merit without requiring any upfront payments. Instead, we only get paid after completing the case and getting you the funds needed to cover your legal fees, medical expenses, and other costs associated with your Burger King accident injuries.
In addition, you owe us nothing if we fail to win your Burger King accident injury lawsuit. This policy is in place to ensure that all personal injury victims have access to the best legal services possible. Our goal is to help you get the money you need to eliminate the debts created by your injuries and allow you to return to your life without added financial stress or hardships. So don’t hesitate to get in touch with DTLA Law Group today to request your free consultation.