If you live in or travel through California, you will surely have seen the signs for Sizzler restaurants. This family-favorite steak house has been serving communities across the country with affordable steaks and other healthy food options for decades. With other menu items, including chicken, burgers, and ribs, there is something for everyone and a price that will not break your family’s food budget.
Many customers are shocked to learn that Sizzler locations now number less than 200, and the majority of them are in California. You can find these steak houses still serving the following communities:
- Baldwin Park
- Big Bear Lake
- Buena Park
- Cameron Park
- Culver City
- Daly City
- Eagle Rock
- El Centro
- El Centro
- Fountain Valley
- Lake Forest
- La Mirada
- Long Beach
- Los Alamitos
- Los Angeles
- Moreno Valley
- Morgan Hill
- North Hollywood
- Pico Rivera
- Redwood City
- Jurupa Valley
- San Bernardino
- San Diego
- San Dimas
- San Jose
- San Leandro
- Santa Clara
- Santa Clarita
- Van Nuys
- West Covina
- Yuba City
- Yucca Valley
What might also come as a surprise is that this family-favorite restaurant is known for more than just affordable meals. Sadly, Sizzler has become known for the many slip and fall injury accidents customers suffer in their restaurants. And even worse, most of the accidents and resulting injuries could have been prevented if the staff had only dedicated a little more time and attention to housekeeping, mopping up food and drink spills, and regularly inspecting the properties for slip and fall and trip and fall safety hazards.
If you have become one of the growing numbers of personal injury victims who suffered a slip and fall accident at Sizzler, the team at DTLA Law Group is here to offer the guidance and legal expertise you need to understand your rights and get any compensation owed to you. Staff members are available 24/7 to ensure you get the reliable information you need as quickly as possible. So please call the office at your earliest convenience to get answers and schedule your free consultation with a DTLA Law Group Sizzler slip and fall attorney.
Slip And Fall Hazards Common In Many Sizzler Locations
Slip and fall injury accidents can happen anywhere when the conditions are right. Unfortunately, when the staff at a Sizzler location does not practice proper cleaning and housekeeping processes after a food or drink spill, the chances for a slip and fall injury incident increase significantly. But those issues are not the only contributors that increase the chances of a patron suffering a nasty slip and fall injury at a Sizzler. Other typical slip and fall safety hazards include:
- Wet floors that were recently mopped but have no caution or warning sign to alert guests that floors could still be damp and hazardous
- Ice that was dropped to the floor but has not been cleaned up, leaving a slippery and possibly hard-to-see puddle to increase the chances of a slip and fall injury
- Floors near the entrance are wet because the floor mat at the door is missing or saturated with water and does not allow patrons to dry their shoes before walking further into the restaurant
- Puddles of water on the floor due to leaking water lines, coolers, or other equipment
- Boxes of supplies left in walkways make it challenging for guests to walk safely through the restaurant
- Paper napkins, straw wrappers, receipts, or other litter on the floors significantly increase the likelihood of a slip and fall or trip and fall injury accident
- Damaged flooring, folded rugs or floor mats, or torn carpet increase the chances of an unsuspecting patron suffering a severe injury due to a slip and fall or trip and fall incident.
While these issues do not sound severe, the results can be. However, most or even all of the accidents could have been prevented if the Sizzler staff had invested the time and attention needed to maintain the space for customers properly.
Understanding Duty Of Care
You might be wondering how the staff at Sizzler could be held responsible for your slip and fall injuries. And the answers come from premises liability law, specifically, duty of care. All property and business owners have an obligation to provide a safe area for clients or guests. It is called duty of care, and it defines the level of maintenance and attention owed to ensure the safety of visitors to the space.
In general terms, the care required is that which would be provided by the average prudent person. For example, the average person would mop water on the floor or pick up a piece of trash to prevent a slip and fall accident in their home. And according to their duty of care, the staff at Sizzler should follow that same course of action to prevent these commonplace slip and fall hazards.
When Can I Sue Sizzler For My Slip And Fall Injuries
Your DTLA Law Group expert Sizzler slip and fall attorney will help you understand how duty of care might apply to your incident. In most situations, to pursue a Sizzler slip and fall injury lawsuit, you will need to demonstrate that your injuries were caused because a Sizzler employee failed to meet their duty of care. And that the negligence in meeting that basic standard of care resulted in your accident.
After discussing your slip and fall incident during your free consultation, your Sizzler slip and fall attorney will advise you if you have grounds to seek compensation through a Sizzler accident injury lawsuit. In addition, the team will explain the process and how you can move forward in preparing your claim against Sizzler.
It is vital to understand that the Statute of Limitations for a personal injury lawsuit is two years from the date of the incident. So you will need to have the claim filed before that date to ensure that you do not lose the right to seek compensation.
What Is The Value Of A Sizzler Slip And Fall Lawsuit?
The value of most lawsuits is based primarily on the amount of the expenses and losses suffered by the victim. For example, in the case of your slip and fall injury accident at Sizzler, you would work with the staff at DTLA Law Group to gather all the costs you have incurred related to your slip and fall incident. The standard categories for these expenses include:
- All medical expenses related to the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of the injuries sustained in the Sizzler slip and fall
- The cost of your legal representation and preparation of the Sizzler slip and fall lawsuit
- The value of any personal property that was damaged or destroyed in the incident
- Your lost wages if your slip and fall injuries prevented you from working
In cases with severe injuries or an extended recovery period, you can include an amount of compensation for the pain and suffering you endured. Your Sizzler slip and fall attorney will provide expert guidance to ensure you select a reasonable amount for the nature of your injuries based on their vast experience in these matters.
Common Sizzler Slip And Fall Injuries
Unfortunately, any of the physical injuries sustained in a Sizzler slip and fall accident can be life-altering. Some of the most painful and severe include:
- Broken or fractured bones
- Facial injuries to the skin, mouth, teeth, nose, eyes, or ears
- Severe lacerations or puncture wounds that could consist of damage to internal organs and internal bleeding
- Complete joint dislocations
- Spinal cord, neck, or back injuries
- Damage to soft tissue and nerves
- Head injuries, including a concussion, skull fracture, brain hemorrhage, brain contusion, or other traumatic brain injury
Sadly, these physical injuries are only part of the burden many Sizzler slip and fall injury accident victims face. The costly medical care, inability to work, and other limitations often result in stress-related illnesses, anxiety, and depression. And many of the accidents could have easily been prevented if a Sizzler staff member had only followed the basic guidelines of duty of care to eliminate common safety hazards in the restaurant.
How To Afford The Best Sizzler Slip And Fall Attorney
Many personal injury victims become very stressed when they think if the cost of hiring an attorney to seek the compensation they deserve for their Sizzler slip and fall injuries. That is why the staff at DTLA Law Group offers their expertise and dedication with no upfront payments or fees required. Instead, we only get paid after you have the settlement or verdict to pay your medical and legal bills. This eliminates your stress and ensures that you have the highest quality legal services in the region.
Don’t hesitate to get in touch with DTLA Law Firm today to discuss your case with an expert Sizzler slip and fall attorney. We are here to ensure that the justice system works for you and provides the compensation you deserve for the injuries you sustained in a Sizzler restaurant due to someone else’s negligence. The consultation is free, and you are not obligated to hire DTLA Law Group or pursue a Sizzler slip and fall lawsuit.