- What Are Some Of The Causes Of Truck Crashes?
- What are common injuries in truck accidents?
- What should I do after a truck accident?
- What is the value of my truck accident lawsuit?
- Statute Of Limitations On Truck Accident Claims
- Selecting Our Firm
What Are Some Of The Causes Of Truck Crashes?A truck crash can happen for many reasons, some of which are in the driver’s control and others that are not. A truck driver and the company he works for can be held accountable if the driver acted negligently and caused an accident to occur. He may cause an incident in any of the following ways:
- Falling asleep behind the wheel, as many drivers are exhausted or fatigued due to long hours trying to meet deadlines or deliver shipments on time
- Driving while drunk, inebriated, or under the influence of any drugs or illicit substances
- Running red lights and stop signs
- Failing to merge properly on the freeway
- Not signaling while turning or changing lanes
- Ignoring right of way laws
- Hitting the underside of bridges or crashing into low hanging branches and telephone wires
- Tailgating or following too closely
- Driving in other lanes besides the right lane
- Using cell phone or other device while behind the wheel, whether to navigate directions or answer messages
- Improper distribution of weight within the trailer
- Unaffixed trailer to the hitch
- Uncovered loads
- Lack of warning signs of wide load or dangerous materials being transported
- Blown tires
- Brake failure
- Damaged engine
- Broken lights
- No mirrors for blind spots
- Overfilled load
- Road defects like potholes, cracks, lack of barriers, and more
- Sharp turns and narrow roads
- Steep hills and troughs
- Hidden driveways
- Poor weather like fog, rain, snow, storms, and more
Learn more about your options for compensation by calling (213) 389-3765.As such, it is important that truck drivers be appropriately trained and able to handle their vehicles in any condition or when any problem arises. This is why truck drivers acquire their commercial driver’s licenses (CDL) and undergo proper training. If you have been involved in a truck crash and the truck driver was at fault, you can contact our law firm to speak with a Glendale truck accident lawyer for further assistance. We will gladly look over your case and tell you whether or not it is a worthwhile idea to pursue legal action.
What are common injuries in truck accidents?Because trucks are much larger than vehicles and cause more damage even at lower speeds, it is no wonder that the rate of injuries and fatalities is much higher in accidents with trucks when compared to normal passenger vehicles. It is not uncommon for individuals to suffer devastating injuries from truck crashes. Some of the damages include:
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Closed head injuries
- Brain damage
- Neck and spinal cord injuries
- Severed limbs
- Herniated or bulging discs
- Crushing injuries
- Facial damage
- Puncture wounds
- Abrasions and lacerations
- Open wounds
- Internal bleeding
- Internal organ damage
- ACL, LCL, and MCL damages
- Dislocations and sprains
- Torn muscles
- Nerve damage
Find out more about how we can help you. CHAT LIVE with a representative now.No matter what the degree of your injuries, you should pursue legal action for your accident. It is in your best interest to seek compensation if you racked up medical bills and other expenses because of the crash. The responsible party can pay off these debts for you. Call our Glendale truck accident lawyers for more assistance.
What should I do after a truck accident?If you have been in a truck accident, you should do all you can to stay safe in the aftermath and get the medical treatment you need. Too often, victims will forgo medical help and claim that they are not that hurt or that they don’t have to go see a doctor. This is a problem because some injuries may not show up immediately or they may be masked because of adrenaline. It is in your best health interests if you get medically evaluated. It is also in the best interest of your claim to get medical assistance. If you don’t see a doctor or get treated, you will have a hard time collecting any compensation. Even if there is a large gap between the injury and the visit to the doctor, you could still be rejected. The insurance agent may believe that you were hurt in another accident or you were not that severely hurt.
Get started today by calling (213) 389-3765.
What is the value of my truck accident lawsuit?The value of your truck accident lawsuit will depend on many factors, such as the type of injuries you received and how extensive they were, the impact the damages had on your life and career, your age at the time of the incident, your level of responsibility for the crash, and more. An insurance agent will consider all these factors and determine how much to offer you. If you were out of commission for months, your settlement offer would likely be much larger than if you were only out of work for a few days and made a quick and full recovery.
- Medical bills and expenses from the past and future
- Property damage
- Lost income from the past and future
- Pain and suffering
- Punitive damages
- Wrongful death damages
Statute Of Limitations On Truck Accident ClaimsYou have 2 years from the date of the injury to file a lawsuit for a truck accident in the State of California. Failure to adhere to this deadline will prevent you from being able to secure restitution in the future. All too often, individuals will forget the key dates of their cases and miss the opportunity to sue.
Learn more about your legal options by chatting with a representative now.
Selecting Our FirmThe Downtown LA Law Group is one of the premier firms for personal injury cases. We have extensive experience handling truck accident claims and can ensure that you are appropriately compensated for your damages. Our lawyers are aggressive and have extensive knowledge and practice in the law realm. If we need to go to court to win your claim, we are willing to do so.
Top-Rated Glendale Truck Injury Lawyers – (213) 389-3765You can call us for a free legal consultation. All consultations are private and none of your personal or confidential information will be shared anywhere else. During the discussion, you can ask us whatever you wish, and we will look over your case and inform you what we believe we can win for you. If you wish to hire us to represent you, we’ll also give you our zero fee guarantee. This states that you won’t have to pay any fees yourself for our services. We will only get paid if we win, and if we lose, you won’t owe us anything. Contact the Downtown LA Law Group to get started.