When we consider liability for a hip replacement injury
, the performing surgeon is often ignored as a possible defendant
. While manufacturers are held responsible for the injuries sustained from a defective hip implant
, orthopedic surgeons can also be held liable
The reason they can be held liable is because they are the professionals we trust to make us better
. They lacerate and work inside of our bodies in the hopes that their hard work will make us better. However, error is bound to occur. When the surgeon makes a mistake during a surgery it can lead to severe consequences that range from mild pain to even death. In cases where there is no informed consent, or where the surgeon failed to properly perform the operation, you may have the right to file a lawsuit against the surgeon. If you have been a victim of this type injury contact our offices for a free case evaluation.
The Downtown L.A. Law Group
offers legal services for those who are unfortunate enough to have been a victim of medical malpractice. Every day, we help people who have suffered some form of medical malpractice
that leaves them to suffer tremendous amounts of pain, including a botched hip replacement surgery
. Our experienced lawyers can help you file a lawsuit against your surgeon if they committed an error during your surgery, and their error forces you to suffer daily pain. If you had a hip replacement surgery but experience pain because your surgeon made a mistake during the operation, you need to contact our Los Angeles law firm today to see what we can do for you.
Dangers of Hip Replacement Surgery
Hip surgery is considered a major surgical operation. These operations are performed while the patient is under general anesthesia and under the care, supervision of a qualified orthopedic surgeon. The operation removes the femoral head of the hip by a prosthetic implant. The use of metal on metal hip implants or plastic on metal can depend on the needs of the recipient.
Not all patients should be given the operation. In fact, certain recipients are not qualified candidates for the operation. As a result, certain parties are given the operation at the direction of their orthopedic surgeon without cause.
Surgeons who conduct such surgeries without doing a proper evaluation of the patients needs will be held liable for medical malpractice. Not all hip injuries require a complete removal. In such cases other non-surgical alternatives are possible.
Find out more about how we can help you. Call (855) 339-8879 to speak with a representative now.
Surgical Alternatives to Hip Replacement Surgery
Surgical alternatives to treat hip replacement include, athrodesis, osteotomy, synovectomy, athrotomy, arthroscopy
. Each of these are applicable when the surgical alternative is not necessary.
requires the fusion of the proximal femur to the pelvis. This procedure avoids hip joint motion, it does help to reduce to alleviate joint pain and improves the overall joint functionality.
is a procedure where they cut and reset the ball-and-socket hip joint in order to correct the alignment of the joint. The benefits of this procedure allow for relief from hip joint pain, greater functionality, improved motion and better joint stability.
is the surgical removal of the hip joint lining. Doctors will retain enough of the synovium to produce the necessary lubricating material in the joints. While this is a temporary treatment it does help reduce a significant amount of the pain suffered.
both are procedures which are used to remove loose fragments to improve joint movement and reduce pain.
These alternatives are never fully explained to hip implant recipients. As a result many elect to have the procedure conducted without proper.
Learn more about your legal options: call (855) 339-8879 to speak with a representative now.
CAUSES OF HIP REPLACEMENT MEDICAL MALPRACTICE
Hip replacement medical malpractice can occur for a variety of reasons, but here are the most common. If you experienced any of these during your hip replacement surgery, you need to contact our LA law firm.
- If you suffer pain from your hip replacement surgery, one of the reasons it may hurt is because of a faulty prosthetic.
- Misdiagnosis is another common reason for medical malpractice. It may turn out that you did not need hip replacement surgery in the first place.
- Infection is a constant worry for many people. The equipment and room may not have been properly sterilized and so bacteria festered in your wound and infected the area.
- Dislocation of the prosthetic can be painful. There may be times when the surgeon did not properly place the prosthetic hip and it dislocates when you apply pressure to the new hip.
Filing a Medical Malpractice Claim for Hip Replacement Surgery
In California, you have one year from the date of injury to file a medical malpractice case. These cases will require a showing of general negligence. Or that the orthopedic surgeon acted in a manner that was below the industry standard. When filing a medical malpractice lawsuit you have one year from the date of the injury to file suit for your damages. This statutory period must be strictly adhered to. Although there are certain tolling exceptions, it is important that you file your claim in a timely manner.
Medical malpractice claims essentially hold the doctor responsible for not performing the surgery properly. The following is a list of certain medical malpractice
acts committed by surgeons during hip replacement surgery.
- Failure to take a proper medical history
- Failure to perform patient exam
- Failure to find or recognize physical findings apparent in medical history
- Failure to order proper tests
- Failure to perform proper consultations
- Failure to recommend non-evasive or different non-surgical approaches
- Failure to antiseptically prepare fixation cement
- Conducting unnecessary surgery
- Failure to treat operative conditions
- Failure to remove foreign bodies
- Failure to monitor patient for prosthetic defects
- Failure to treat infection
- Complete abandonment of patient
The Ultimate Guide to Medical Malpractice
– Medical Malpractice Attorney
– Medication Errors Attorney
– Medical Device Defect Injury Attorney
– Transvaginal Mesh Attorney
– Defective Pharmaceutical Drugs
– Doctor Committed Medical Malpractice
– Kugel Mesh Patch Complication Injuries
– DePuy Hip Replacement Attorney
– DePuy ASR Hip Replacement FAQ
– Gallbladder Surgery Malpractice Attorney
– C-Section Malpractice Attorney
– Hysterectomy Malpractice Attorney
– Nerve Injuries Due to Medical Malpractice
– Wrongful Death Medical Malpractice Attorney
– Kaiser Malpractice Attorney
– Delayed Diagnosis Lawsuit
– Operation Error Lawsuit
– Botched Bris Attorney
– Circumcision Injury Physician Malpractice
– Dental Malpractice Attorney
– Dental Implants Malpractice claim
– Liposuction Malpractice Lawyer
– Plastic Surgery Medical Malpractice Attorney
– Podiatrist Malpractice Attorney
– Dermatologist Malpractice Attorney
– Medical Malpractice After a Car Accident
– Transvaginal Mesh – Surgeon Liability
Downtown L.A. Law Firm
If you suffer from pain due to a hip replacement surgery malpractice, then you need to contact our law firm located in downtown Los Angeles. We have experienced attorneys who deal with issues of medical malpractice every single day and can give you the best legal representation possible, as well as the maximum amount of compensation.
Free Legal Consultation: Our law firm offers free legal consultation to all of our clients who wish to hire our services. Free consultation gives you the opportunity to sit down with one of our highly experienced attorneys and explain to them the details of your case. Our attorneys will listen and offer their initial thoughts on your case. They will also answer any questions you may have about the legal process and of your case. We want you to be as informed as possible before you make any further decisions regarding your situation. There is no financial obligation with our legal consultation, it’s 100% free.
– Botched Hemorrhoid Surgery
– Botched Circumcision Surgery
– Botched Gallbladder Surgery
– Botched Epidural Injection
– Botched Plastic Surgery
– Botched Hip Replacement Surgery
– Laparoscopy Surgery Injury Attorney
– Botched Bris Attorney
– Botched C-Section surgery
Along with our free legal consultation, you will also receive our zero-fee guarantee. This is our promise to you that we will not charge you a cent until we win your case, and only if we win your case. If we are unable to prove your case and get you the compensation you deserve, then we will not charge you.
If you have suffered injury from a hip implant contact our offices for a free case evaluation. Our attorneys are here to assist you in your recovery and will fight to procure a substantial settlement for your injuries.