What is Medical Malpractice: The Dangers of HMO Practices to the Health and Safety of Patients:Generally medical malpractice is established where a injuries are caused by a licensed medical practitioner, including doctors nurses surgeons or pharmacists, who engage in care that is divergent from the standard of care provided by other doctors in their field. In many instances doctors in HMO facilities are pressured to engage in practicing medicine that is divergent from the standard of care set out by their profession so as to reduce the expenses owed by an HMO. In other instances HMO’s refuse to accept required medical exams and testing’s recommended by specialists.
Learn more about your options for compensation by calling (213) 389-3765.Other common causes of serious injuries due to Medical Malpractice are as follows:
- Birth Injury often resulting in Cerebral Palsy Erb’s Palsy or other Brachial Plexus injuries
- Surgical Malpractice often resulting in nerve damage, internal bleeding (Post surgical hemorrhaging)
- Misdiagnosis including delayed or failure to diagnose of cancer, heart attacks or strokes in emergency rooms
- Infections at hospitals caused by unsanitary conditions resulting in bacterial infections such and Staff, and MRSA
- Medication Errors in hospitals or HMO Pharmacies
Compensation for Your Injuries – Contacting an Attorney that is Right for You:Victims of medical malpractice are entitled to monetary compensation for any losses resulting from the negligence of their practicing physician. There are numerous factors which determine the level of compensation a plaintiff can receive including
- Hospital and medical bills
- Lost wages and future loss of income due to a disability
- Nursing care and Home care costs including reimbursement for rehabilitation expenses
- Pain and Suffering and other Non Economic Damages. Note: The State of California Places a $250,000 cap on Non Economic damage compensation in medical malpractice claims.
Learn more about your legal options by chatting with a representative now.To contact an attorney regarding a medical malpractice claim contact us by phone at (855)385-2529 or fill out our free case evaluation form here.