HMO’s like Kaiser Permanente and the medical doctors under their employment have a duty to provide reasonable medical care. HMO’s and their licensed medical professionals can be held liable if a failure to provide the necessary medical care results in serious injuries to patients. If you or a loved one have suffered serious injuries due to medical malpractice in a Kaiser Permanente facility or another HMO run facility contact the Medical Negligence Attorneys from the Downtown LA Law Group. All consultations regarding your claim is completely free of charge.
What is Medical Malpractice: The Dangers of HMO Practices to the Health and Safety of Patients:
Generally medical malpractice is established where a injuries are caused by a licensed medical practitioner, including doctors nurses surgeons or pharmacists, who engage in care that is divergent from the standard of care provided by other doctors in their field. In many instances doctors in HMO facilities are pressured to engage in practicing medicine that is divergent from the standard of care set out by their profession so as to reduce the expenses owed by an HMO. In other instances HMO’s refuse to accept required medical exams and testing’s recommended by specialists.
Learn more about your options for compensation by calling (888) 649-7166.
Other common causes of serious injuries due to Medical Malpractice are as follows:
- Birth Injury often resulting in Cerebral Palsy Erb’s Palsy or other Brachial Plexus injuries
- Surgical Malpractice often resulting in nerve damage, internal bleeding (Post surgical hemorrhaging)
- Misdiagnosis including delayed or failure to diagnose of cancer, heart attacks or strokes in emergency rooms
- Infections at hospitals caused by unsanitary conditions resulting in bacterial infections such and Staff, and MRSA
- Medication Errors in hospitals or HMO Pharmacies
The Ultimate Guide to Birth Injuries
– Birth Injury
– California Birth Injury Law
– Erb’s Palsy
– Brain Injury at Birth
– Birth Injury Questions
– Compression of the Umbilical Cord
– Forceps Delivery Injury
– Shoulder Birth Injury
– Placenta Abruption
– California Statute of Limitations for Birth Injuries
– Child Suffering caused by birth malpractice
Medical Malpractice and Wrongful Death Claim: According to estimates conducted by the CDC more than 200,000 individuals die each year due to the medical malpractice of doctors, nurses, and other hospital staff. There are certain restrictions put into place by various legal jurisdictions as to who can bring a wrongful death lawsuit in the court of law. For example the statute which governs California’s wrongful death laws states that a cause of action for death of another may be asserted by “The decedent’s surviving spouse, domestic partner, children, and issue of deceased children, or, if there is no surviving issue of the decedent, the persons, including the surviving spouse or domestic partner, who would be entitled to the property of the decedent by intestate succession.”
Compensation for Your Injuries – Contacting an Attorney that is Right for You:
Victims of medical malpractice are entitled to monetary compensation for any losses resulting from the negligence of their practicing physician. There are numerous factors which determine the level of compensation a plaintiff can receive including
- Hospital and medical bills
- Lost wages and future loss of income due to a disability
- Nursing care and Home care costs including reimbursement for rehabilitation expenses
- Pain and Suffering and other Non Economic Damages. Note: The State of California Places a $250,000 cap on Non Economic damage compensation in medical malpractice claims.
Learn more about your legal options: call (888) 649-7166 tp speak with a representative now.
To contact an attorney regarding a medical malpractice claim contact us by phone at (888) 649-7166 or fill out our free case evaluation form here.