Christmas Lights Trip And Fall Accident Attorney
As you begin decorating your California home and property with Christmas lights, the last thing you think about is getting sued. After all, it is the most joyous time of the year when everyone celebrates the holidays and enjoys the company of family and friends. So you go all out to ensure that your house stands out from all the others on the street. You have motion inflatables in the grass, lights around the entire roofline of the house, and illuminated candy canes creating a welcome path up the sidewalk to your front door.
But you also have a spider web of electrical cords running in every direction. And that could create some safety hazards when the sun sets and your lighting display is flashing and blinking in all its glory. So you need to be sure you are not creating a Christmas lights trip and fall safety hazard that might ruin your neighbor’s holiday good cheer and your new year as you face a lawsuit.
If you happen to be the one who got tangled up in a neighbor’s holiday lighting display only to suffer a nasty trip and fall accident, the DTLA Christmas lights trip and fall accident attorneys are here to assist you. Our team is available 24/7 to ensure you have a reliable resource to answer all your questions related to a Christmas lights trip and fall incident and protect your rights as an accident victim. In addition, we offer a free consultation to discuss the details of your trip and fall, injuries, and questions about protecting your rights and financial future.Common Trip And Fall Injuries
Few things are worse than suffering a Christmas lights trip and fall injury when you are out trying to enjoy the holiday spirit and sights. However, it is vital to understand that after suffering even a minor trip and fall accident, it is crucial to put the holiday mood on hold and seek a medical evaluation to ensure you are not seriously injured. It is not uncommon for the shock and adrenaline that accompanies a trip and fall incident to mask many common injuries, which can include:
- Fractures or broken bones
- Sprains, strains, or torn muscles
- Nerve damage
- Injuries to hips, knees, wrists, elbows, shoulders, or ankles
- A concussion, fractured skull, or traumatic brain injury
- Internal injuries and bleeding
- Puncture wounds or lacerations
- Back, neck, or spinal cord damage
These are just some of the injuries that could be sustained when you get tangled up in Christmas lights and suffer a trip and fall incident. While you might not feel too much pain now, rest assured that any injuries you suffer will only worsen and cause you more pain without immediate medical care.
When you are out looking at Christmas lights and caught up in the fun of the holiday season, the last thing you expect is to literally get caught up in the holiday lights. But it can happen, and the results can be incredibly painful and costly. So it is essential to gather a little information, if you can, before you head to the doctor to get a complete evaluation of your injuries. The most important things to compile include:
- Photos of the lights display where you tripped and fell – get close-up images of the tripping hazard and wider angle images of the entire display
- Contact information for any witnesses to the incident
- The contact information of the homeowner or the property owner if the lights are at a commercial property such as a mall or store
- Take a few pictures of any visible injuries caused by the trip and fall while you are on-site
This information, along with your medical records, could be beneficial if you determine that a lawsuit is justified to get the compensation you deserve for your injuries.Determining Who Is Liable For Your Christmas Lights Trip And Fall Injuries
Premises liability is the section of the law that outlines the responsibilities of a property owner concerning the safety of guests. The guideline requires all properties to be maintained safely and hazard-free. Keeping the property safe and free from hazardous conditions is known as the duty of care of the property owner. When the property is not maintained to a general level of safety, the property owner can be found in breach of duty.
For a property owner to be liable for your injuries from a trip and fall incident, your attorney will need to establish that the property owner knew about the safety hazard and failed to correct it, restrict access to the area, or place a warning sign at the location of the risk. In addition, one of the following three criteria will need to be proven to establish the negligence of the property owner and secure your compensation:
- The owner created a safety hazard, for example running electrical cords across the sidewalk
- The owner knew of the unsafe condition but failed to fix it, for example, the lights hanging around a doorway fell to the ground and were lying across the sidewalk, and repeated guests notified the owner of the issue, but it was not corrected
- The safety hazard was there for long enough that the owner should have discovered it and corrected it, but they did not, for example, the lights fell from a tree and were lying across a sidewalk for a week, and the owner had not corrected the issue
Proving any one of these will establish the negligence of the owner who hung or was responsible for the Christmas lights that caused your trip and fall accident and injuries.How Long Do I Have To File A Claim?
Most personal injury lawsuits in California have a Statute of Limitations of two years from the date of the injury. However, if the property owner is a government agency, such as a city library or local police station, the time is decreased to only six months. If you fail to file the matter with the court in the appropriate time frame, you will have lost your right to seek any compensation for your injuries or losses in most situations. So it is essential that you contact the experts at DTLA Law Group as soon as possible to discuss the details of your case and your right to make a claim for your injuries. The consultation with a DTLA Christmas light trip and fall accident attorney is free and will provide the information you need to determine if a lawsuit is the best option for you and your needs.
The value of each lawsuit is unique to the injuries and losses of the victim. When you speak with an attorney during your free consultation, you will have a better grasp of the actual value of your claim. The common expenses that are included in most personal injury matters are:
- The total of all medical bills for the treatment of your injuries
- The legal fees for representation for the matter
- Any lost wages if you were unable to work while recovering or time missed to attend medical treatment or appointments
- The value of any personal property damaged during the trip and fall incident
In some cases, you can also include a dollar amount to represent your pain and suffering. This amount is typical in cases where the injuries were severe and the recovery time was extensive. Your DTLA Law Group attorney will help you understand the potential of including it in your lawsuit.Why Choose DTLA Law Group?
With all the law firms in California, it can be challenging to know whom to trust with your legal matter. However, we hope that after your free consultation, you understand some of the added value and services that DTLA Law Group brings to the table. The dedication of our staff is typically one of the most appreciated benefits that clients mention when asked about their experience with our firm. They also comment on the personalized service, staff members investing the time to learn their names and get to know them, and the professionalism of the entire staff.No Upfront Legal Fees
The policy of DTLA Law Group is never to get paid until our client is paid. That means you never need to worry about paying upfront fees or expenses out of your pocket. Instead, we wait for payment until you have gotten your settlement or verdict, which typically includes the money needed to pay your legal fees. This policy reduces our client’s stress and financial hardship and demonstrates our confidence in winning their case.
Finally, if we fail to win your case, you owe us nothing. This eliminates any financial risk for our clients and puts the burden on our team. If we fail, we work for free. So if you have suffered an injury due to a Christmas lights trip and fall accident, the attorneys at DTLA are here to assist you. We are available 24/7, and the consultation to discuss your injuries and potential lawsuit is free. So please contact our office today to schedule your meeting with a DTLA Christmas lights trip and fall accident attorney.
Other Pages on Our Website Related to This Topic
How do I Collect Life Insurance after a Slip and Fall Accident
Trip and Fall due to Exposed Tree Roots
Over $500 Million Recovered
for Our Clients
YOU Deserve the Best
Free Case Review 24/7
You Don’t Pay unless we win
By submitting this form, you agree to receive telephone calls and text messages at anytime, which include hours outside of business hours (8:00 am PST – 9:00 pm PST). This is so that we may reach you as soon as possible in order to consult on your potential case.
– Santa Clarita Personal Injury Lawyers
– Santa Barbara Personal Injury Attorneys
– Santa Maria Personal Injury Attorneys
– Redondo Beach Personal Injury Attorneys
– Rialto Personal Injury Attorneys
– San Marcos personal injury attorneys
– Rancho Cucamonga Personal Injury Lawyers
– Pomona Personal Injury Attorneys
– Redlands Personal Injury Lawyers
– Ontario personal injury lawyers
– Lake Elsinore Personal Injury Attorneys
– La Habra Personal Injury Lawyers
– Lakewood Personal Injury Lawyers
– Indio personal injury lawyers
– Irvine personal injury attorneys
– Glendale personal injury attorneys
– Highland personal injury attorneys
– Huntington Park personal injury lawyers
– Corona personal injury lawyers
– El Cajon personal injury attorneys
– Costa Mesa personal injury attorneys
– Compton personal injury lawyers
– Chino Personal Injury Attorneys
– Chula Vista Personal Injury Attorneys
– Baldwin Park Personal Injury Attorneys
– Bellflower Personal Injury Lawyers
– Anaheim personal injury lawyers
– Prisoner Personal Injury Attorney