Slip And Fall At Swimming Pool Injury Attorney
Swimming pools are very popular in California. In fact, LA county contains over 250,000 swimming pools, and over 95% of those pools are at private residences. This means there can be a lot of confusion about how to handle a slip and fall swimming pool injury when it happens at someone’s home. However, it is essential for swimming pool injury victims to understand that regardless of where a slip and fall injury occurred, such as a hotel, motel, AIRBNB, city pool, or a pool at a private residence, you need to speak to the lawyers at DTLA Law Group as soon as possible.
Many injury victims are unaware that the pool owner or property owner could be to blame for the unsafe conditions that caused their slip and fall injuries. In addition, that responsibility carries over to the financial burden of injuries and losses. While a moist deck surface is expected around a swimming pool, there are other issues that can compound the safety concerns when the owner is not providing the proper care for the deck and pool. In these cases, a slip and fall injury victim has the right to seek compensation for their injuries from the person who was negligent.
The slip and fall pool injury attorneys at DTLA Law Group are here to help you determine who was to blame for your injuries and how you could be compensated for the expenses and losses you suffered due to your injuries. Contact the DTLA office today to request a free consultation to learn more about your rights as an accident victim.
Issues That Complicate Pool And Pool Deck Safety
No one visits a pool without expecting to get wet and to walk on damp decking near the pool. However, we all assume that the deck near the pool will be textured to add grip and also have adequate drainage to keep water from pooling and making the surface more hazardous. But unfortunately, not every pool owner takes the proper precautions to ensure the safety of guests using the pool.
Some of the most common reasons for a slip and fall injury at a swimming pool include:
- Poor drainage or no drainage in the pool deck creates puddles of water that increase the potential for a slip and fall accident
- The wrong surface on the pool decking, such as paint that will make the deck more slippery rather than adding texture and grip to the wet surface
- Too much furniture or too many toys littering the deck and limiting the walking space to maneuver around the deck and pool safely
- Damage to the decking surface that creates a tripping hazard or allows water to pool and create slippery areas
- Any oil-based lotion or sunscreen spilled on the deck but not cleaned up. The grease and oil will create a very hazardous potential slip and fall area that could be difficult to see when the deck is wet
- Damage to the pool coping, or edge of the pool, that creates a slip and fall or trip and fall hazard
- Any damage to the pool steps or ladders that could result in unstable footing and a slip and fall when exiting the pool or entering it
- Even poor lighting near the pool at night can be the reason for a slip and fall injury if the victim cannot see the edge of the pool or the handrail at the pool steps that protrudes onto the deck surface
If you have been the victim of any slip and fall injury at a swimming pool, please get in touch with DTLA Law Group to discuss the details of the incident and how the DTLA team can help you get any compensation owed to you.
The concept of premises liability comes into play in most injuries that occur near a swimming pool. Premises liability is the part of the law that dictates how a property owner much maintain their property. It deals explicitly with removing hazards from the property and keeping it in a safe condition for all guests. And when it comes to swimming pools, property owners need to take many steps to keep everyone safe around the water and the hard decking surfaces. From installing proper pool fences to avoid accidental drowning to safely maintaining the deck, pool owners must keep up with these chores to ensure guest safety. It is considered their duty and responsibility to provide these services.
However, when a property owner does not meet their duty of care for a property, they are considered negligent and in breach of their duty. It is that negligence that must be proven for a swimming pool slip and fall injury victim to receive compensation for their injuries and losses. And it is the team at DTLA Law Group who will help injury victims prove the negligence of the pool owner and win them the compensation they deserve.Understanding How Long You Have To Make A Claim
As an injury victim in California, you typically have two years from the date of the injury to make a legal claim. However, that changes if the owner of the property who was negligent happens to be a government entity. If you slipped and fell at a private swim club, resort, hotel, motel, AIRBNB, or a neighbor’s pool, you have two years to file your claim with the court. However, if the injury occurred at a municipal pool or a pool owned by the state or another government agency, you must file the claim within six months of the incident.
So it is essential for a swimming pool slip and fall injury victim to contact DTLA Law Group as soon as possible to begin working on their personal injury lawsuit. Missing the appropriate Statute of Limitations to file your claim means that you have given up your ability ever to make a claim for that injury incident.How Long Does A Lawsuit Take To Complete?
At DTLA Law Group, we understand that you could be under immense financial strain due to your mounting medical bills and inability to work while recovering from your injuries. But there is no way to accurately estimate how long it will take to process a lawsuit and get your compensation check. Many factors will impact the time required to reach that point, including:
- The extent of your injuries
- The workload of the court system
- The actions taken by the defendant when you file your claim.
However, the team at DTLA will pledge to work tirelessly to ensure the case moves through the court as quickly as possible to get you the compensation you deserve.
Again, this is a very common question from swimming pool slip and fall injury victims. And we understand that your motivation is to get the money owed to you as quickly as possible to pay your bills and living expenses. However, we will only be able to provide you with an estimated value of the compensation after gathering information from you related to your expenses.
All personal injury lawsuits are valued based on the actual expenses incurred by the victim. So our team will need to gather information including:
- Your current medical bills
- Any potential future medical bills for ongoing treatment or therapy
- The amount of your lost wages if you were unable to work while recovering from the injuries
- Your legal fees for the case
It is also possible to add a more arbitrary amount for your pain and suffering due to the injuries and recovery process. Your DTLA lawyer will work with you to ensure that you include all possible expenses in your settlement request to ensure that you have the most financial stability possible after getting your settlement.What Does DTLA Charge To Represent Me?
One of the tremendous benefits of working with DTLA Law Group is that we never charge our clients upfront fees. We only get paid after we win your lawsuit. So, in reality, you never pay us a dime. We are only paid from the settlement or verdict amount, which includes the amount of our fees. The defendant reimburses you for all your bills, including our fees, so you simply pass that money on to us once you get your compensation.
In addition, you owe us nothing if we do not win your case. So there is no way that you can lose money or end up owing DTLA money for our services. We provide a free consultation and take on your case with no fees coming out of your pocket. And we only get paid after we get you paid. So please get in touch with DTLA Law Group today to discuss your swimming pool slip and fall injuries and how we can help you get the compensation you deserve. We never rest until justice is served for each swimming pool slip and fall injury victim client.
Other Pages on Our Website Related to This Topic
Air BNB Stairwell Design Defect Lawsuit
Air BNB Roof Collapse Attorney
Air BNB Balcony Collapse Attorney
Over $500 Million Recovered
for Our Clients
YOU Deserve the Best
Free Case Review 24/7
You Don’t Pay unless we win
By submitting this form, you agree to receive telephone calls and text messages at anytime, which include hours outside of business hours (8:00 am PST – 9:00 pm PST). This is so that we may reach you as soon as possible in order to consult on your potential case.
– Santa Clarita Personal Injury Lawyers
– Santa Barbara Personal Injury Attorneys
– Santa Maria Personal Injury Attorneys
– Redondo Beach Personal Injury Attorneys
– Rialto Personal Injury Attorneys
– San Marcos personal injury attorneys
– Rancho Cucamonga Personal Injury Lawyers
– Pomona Personal Injury Attorneys
– Redlands Personal Injury Lawyers
– Ontario personal injury lawyers
– Lake Elsinore Personal Injury Attorneys
– La Habra Personal Injury Lawyers
– Lakewood Personal Injury Lawyers
– Indio personal injury lawyers
– Irvine personal injury attorneys
– Glendale personal injury attorneys
– Highland personal injury attorneys
– Huntington Park personal injury lawyers
– Corona personal injury lawyers
– El Cajon personal injury attorneys
– Costa Mesa personal injury attorneys
– Compton personal injury lawyers
– Chino Personal Injury Attorneys
– Chula Vista Personal Injury Attorneys
– Baldwin Park Personal Injury Attorneys
– Bellflower Personal Injury Lawyers
– Anaheim personal injury lawyers
– Prisoner Personal Injury Attorney
Free Case Review 24/7