If you believe the tagline of Lassens Natural Foods, they are in business to provide the best to you and your family, “We have been providing your family with the best of healthy living since 1971.” However, you could have a different image of this chain when you look at additional information about the close to a dozen stores they own and operate. Sure, they offer many food options that are additive-free or less processed than some other markets or grocery stores have on their shelves, but Lassen Natural Foods does fall short in several different areas.
In particular, these stores seem to experience more customer slip and fall injury accidents than expected for their size and customer base. Some even speculate that the small staff of each store is a direct cause of the increased number of customer injuries and the number of Lassen Natural Foods slip and fall injury lawsuits that have been filed.
But what is genuinely essential is for customers to understand that when they walk into any of the Lassen Natural Foods locations listed below, they could encounter multiple slip and fall hazards.
- 4308 California Ave, Bakersfield, CA 93309
- 710 S La Brea Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90036
- 1631 Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90026
- The Lakes 2150 Thousand Oaks Blvd, Thousand Oaks, CA 91362
- 2080 Hillhurst Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90027
- 4071 E Main St, Ventura, CA 93003
- 5154 Hollister Ave, Santa Barbara, CA 93111
- 1790 S Broadway #1790, Santa Maria, CA 93454
- 896 Foothill Blvd, San Luis Obispo, CA 93405
- 2955 Cochran St #A4, Simi Valley, CA 93065
- 3471 Saviers Rd, Oxnard, CA 93033
Unfortunately, most or even all of the senseless slip and fall incidents in these stores could have been prevented if the staff had been more dedicated to inspecting the sales floor areas and correcting any safety risks they discovered.
If you or a loved one has recently visited a Lassen Natural Foods store and suffered a slip and fall or trip and fall injury, the team at DTLA Law Group is here to offer their assistance. We are reachable 24/7 to ensure that you have access to a reputable Lassen Natural Foods slip and fall attorney whenever you have a question about your rights or how to determine if you have grounds for a Lassen Natural Foods slip and fall injury lawsuit. Don’t hesitate to contact our team today to request your free consultation with a Lassen Natural Foods injury attorney to discuss your case.
Some Of The Typical Slip And Fall Dangers Found In Lassen Natural Foods Locations
When you think about the issues that could result in severe injuries from a slip and fall incident, you could be picturing massive damage to the flooring, damaged steps, or other serious structural issues within a store. However, the risk factors you will encounter in Lassen Natural Foods are minor compared to those hazards. But because the staff is not being proactive and eliminating these minor safety concerns, patrons of Lassen Natural Foods are suffering some life-altering injuries.
Sadly, the most common causes of Lassen Natural Foods slip and fall injuries include:
- Water puddling on the floor due to leaking coolers or freezers, and while these staff cannot repair appliances, they could take a moment to place a caution sign near the puddle to warn shoppers of the safety hazard
- Other water on the floor concerns are created by clogged sinks, overflowing toilets, leaking water fixtures, and damaged water lines; again, all it takes to make these areas less hazardous is the placement of a sign alerting customers of wet floor surfaces
- The final wet floor concern is created when floors are mopped by no warning signs are placed alerting customers to use added caution or to avoid the areas that are still damp
- Merchandise falling from shelves also creates slip and fall hazards when items like rice, coffee, or flour spill from the package and coat the floor
- Damaged bottles and cartons of drinks, soups, cleaners, and other liquids leaking onto the floor create added safety concerns from a slip and fall hazard to burns or problems related to caustic fumes in the case of bleach or ammonia-based cleaners
- Spilled food and drinks from fast-serve coolers and deli areas create significant slip and fall hazards when not cleaned up promptly
- Fruits and vegetables that fall to the ground and are not picked up will quickly turn into a severe slip and fall hazard
- Ice that falls to the floor from cooler tables, drink dispensers, or bags of ice in the freezer section will soon melt and become hard to see tiny puddles that would cause a patron to suffer a severe slip and fall injury
- Stray paper napkins. Straw wrappers and other paper litter on the floor can be challenging for shoppers to see as they push a cart through the store but will undoubtedly create some unstable footing if they step on them
The common thread with all these possible slip and fall risks is that the Lassen Natural Foods staff can eliminate all of them if they dedicate the time and effort needed to inspect the shopping areas regularly and clean up the minor issues they discover.
Can I File A Lassen Natural Foods Slip And Fall Injury Lawsuit?
In most cases, determining if you have grounds for a slip and fall lawsuit will revolve around the Lassen Natural Foods staff’s actions. The owner of Lassen Natural Foods and their team, by extension, have an obligation to provide a safe shopping environment for customers. And if they fail to take the necessary steps to keep the store safe and free of slip and fall hazards, they could be found negligent in their duty of care.
But in addition to being negligent in their housekeeping or maintenance duties, it must also be established that the staff’s negligence caused your slip and fall injuries. While this sounds like a lot to hope for but a complicated thing to prove to a court, the expert Lassen Natural Foods slip and fall attorneys at DTLA Law Group have decades of combined experience demonstrating these facts to the court and securing the compensation clients need to move past their injuries and losses. The first step to determining if your situation has legal merit is contacting DTLA Law Group today to request a free consultation with an expert Lassen Natural Foods slip and fall injury attorney.
How Much Is My Lassen Natural Foods Slip And Fall Injury Lawsuit Worth?
In most cases, the value of a personal injury lawsuit is based on the losses and expenses suffered by the victim. You would work with the DTLA Law Group staff to compile all the costs you incurred due to your slip and fall injuries to determine the value of your Lassen Natural Foods injury lawsuit. The expenses would include the following categories:
- Medical costs related to the treatment of your injuries, medications, medical devices, and rehabilitation required
- Your legal fees for the Lassen Natural Foods slip and fall lawsuit
- Any lost wages if the injuries prevented you from working
- The value of any personal property that was damaged in the incident
In cases with severe injuries, you could also include a dollar amount to account for your pain and suffering. Your Lassen Natural Foods slip and fall attorney will provide you with an appropriate amount for your injuries based on their vast experience handling these cases.
Common Slip And Fall Injuries Sustained At Lassen Natural Foods
Even though the slip and fall victims at Lassen Natural Foods fall a short distance, the injuries are often severe due to the number of items that impact their bodies as they fall. Shopping carts, shelving, and displays all add to the injuries that can include:
- Broken or fractured bones
- Facial injuries to the eyes, nose, mouth, teeth, or skin
- Spinal cord injuries
- Puncture wounds or severe lacerations
- Dislocated joints and damage to soft tissue or nerves
- Head injuries, including a skull fracture, concussion, brain hemorrhage or contusion, and other traumatic brain injuries
The Statute Of Limitations
Most personal injury lawsuits must be filed with the court system within two years of the injuries. The victim loses the right to seek compensation if the claim is not submitted in that time. However, you can file the case as soon as you and your DTLA Law Group Lassen Natural Foods slip and fall injury attorney are ready to proceed to ensure you receive your compensation as quickly as possible.
You Deserve The Best Lassen Natural Foods Slip And Fall Attorney
The staff at DTLA Law Group believes that every personal injury victim deserves the best legal team possible. Therefore, we offer our experience and expertise to handle your case with no upfront legal fees or expenses. We only get paid after we have completed the task and secured the settlement or verdict needed for you to pay your legal fees and other costs related to your Lassen Natural Foods Slip And Fall Attorney slip and fall injuries. In addition, if we fail to deliver a win, you owe us nothing for our time. So please get in touch with our office today to request a free consultation with an expert Lassen Natural Foods slip and fall attorney to evaluate your case and determine if a Lassen Natural Foods accident injury lawsuit is appropriate for you.