What Are Day Laborers?Los Angeles California is home to one of the largest day laborer populations in the nation. As a result there are numerous instances where day laborers are injured while performing their tasks. Often time such injuries go without compensation leaving the injured party to face serious medical bills and long term pain and suffering without proper remedies. Day laborers are often intimidated by their employer with threats of deportation or feel that the legal system will not apply to remedy there harm, however such contentions are not accurate. When a day laborer is harmed while performing his tasks the employer or homeowner will be liable and can face liability. A day laborer is defined as a person who is employed to perform a series or specific task for a limited period of time on a day-to-day basis. Often time’s day laborers are not paid a fair wage and are mistreated or subjected to hazardous working conditions without proper recovery.
Hazardous conditions int the workplace can include:
- asbestos exposure
- Toxic Mold Exposure;
- Lead Poisoning;
- Dilapidated Buildings or Structures.
The Ultimate Guide to Workplace Injuries– PTSD Claim Workplace Injury
– Most Common Workplace Injuries
– Workplace Slip and Fall Accident Attorney
– Workplace Amputation Lawyer
– Workplace Electrocution Injury Attorney
– Workplace Hearing Loss Lawsuits
– Workplace Bullying Attorney
– Workplace Toxic Exposure Lawsuits
– Punch Press Accident Attorney
– Lower Back Injury Attorney
– Scissor Lift Defect Accident Attorney
– Herniated Disc injuries
Types of Day Labor Unsafe work environment InjuriesThere are broad ranges of injuries which can be suffered and many depend on the scope of work and what types of safety conditions were provided. Common lists of injuries include:
- Death, resulting from operating heavy machinery or unsafe conditions;
- Toxic exposure to harmful chemicals;
- Traumatic brain injury from brain trauma suffered during onsite work;
- Loss of limbs;
- Permanent loss of sight or hearing; or
- Broken bones including back injuries.
Get started today by calling (213) 389-3765.Such injuries can have devastating impacts on your ability to gain future employment and diminish a person’s quality of life. Living with the devastation of losing a loved one or the loss of a limb or permanent injury can be traumatic. While legal representation may not always be the proper method it is recommended that the advice of an attorney can be sought. Many times families are left with staggering medical bills and forced to care for the injured party with little or no help from homeowners insurance or the employer. If you or a loved one have been injured as a result of such incidents then contact Downtown LA Law’s Los Angeles personal injury attorneys for day laborers for a free evaluation of your case. Your call is absolutely free and you can be transferred to an attorney.