Injuries resulting in amputations are traumatic to the survivors and can cause a substantial economic burden to the victims. When a victim suffers an amputation injury, they are forced to cope with the emotional and psychological aftermath of the injury. If your injuries have resulted in a loss of any of your limbs via amputation then contact the amputation lawyers Los Angeles at Downtown LA Law for a free case evaluation.
Every Year tens of thousands suffer an amputation in this country; an injury that often necessitates the need for an amputation injury attorney. Here at Downtown LA Law we understand the devastation and sadness that accompanies the loss of a body part. The hands, fingers, arms, legs, toes, and feet play a vital role in our lives. Without them we would not be able to walk, work, play and enjoy our lives. Often a person’s amputation means loss of employment leading to grave economic concerns for his family. You might feel helpless at this point; DON’T, our tireless, fearless, and aggressive legal experts will make sure you are compensated for your loss.
Our NO RECOVERY NO FEE Policy:
Our Amputation attorneys in California and amputation attorney Los Angeles are here to help you obtain the best results. As with all our personal injury clients, you pay absolutely nothing, unless we recover for your injuries.
Types of Amputation Injuries
Amputation injuries can occur in multiple scenarios, certain amputation injuries occur due to trauma while others occur as a result of disease or infection. Each type of injury has its own set of legal and medical issue which need to be analyzed and our firm of amputation attorneys in Los Angeles can help you better understand the legal components of your injury. The types of amputation injuries include:
- Above the knee amputations;
- Below the knee amputations;
- Complete Amputation;
- Distal amputation; or
- Partial Amputation
While the different surgical procedure often depends on the type of injury, many victims are often forced to deal with psychological issues associated with the loss of a limb. If you or a loved one has suffered an amputation injury contact our amputation injury attorney to schedule a free consultation (855) DT-LALAW.
Common accidents leading to Amputations – Dismemberment
Trauma is one of the most common causes of amputations, other include Medical Issues such as Diabetes, bone cancers, and infections. Below are some of the most leading accident resulting in amputations or a dismemberment.
- Automobile Accidents; car accident, motorcycle accident, truck accidents,
- Pedestrian Accidents: Struck by a car or truck while walking, or using a bicycle
- Dog Bites: Animal Attacks such as dog Pitt-bull bites are a leading cause of child amputations.
- Employment Work Accidents; farm accident, factory accident accidents, accident while driving for work.
- Construction Site Accidents: falling objects, unsafe construction site.
- Medical malpractice: Nursing errors, hospital errors, medication errors leading to amputations
- Product Defects: Unsafe products based on design defect or manufacturing defect s or misuse of products
Work Related Amputation Injuries in Los Angeles & Workers Compensation
Work related or employment injuries in Los Angeles are on the rise. Such amputations are often the result of evere trauma to the individual. Statistics show that over 68% of amputation injuries are the result of trauma. Trauma related amputations occur either immediately following an accident or at a later time due to complications during surgery. Traumatic amputations are the result of a serious accident which applies a considerable amount of force on the limb which causes it to detach from the core of the victims body. Work related amputations are the second leading cause of amputations and can occur in a number of settings, which include:
- Landscaping employees– employees who work in the landscaping field are often dealing with equipment or machinery that has the potential of causing amputation. Such equipment including lawn mowers, chainsaws, trimmers, blowers, edgers, PAS or other outdoor equipment can cause serious injury. If you are employed as a landscaper or gardner and have suffered an amputation at work contact the amputation injury lawyers at Downtown LA Law for a free case evaluation. No recovery no fee!
- Heavy machinery– employees who operate heavy machinery or in the manufacturing industry including those who deal with metals, fabricated metal products or industrial machinery products are at a high risk of amputation injuries. If you are an employee who works in such an industry and have suffered an injury leading to amputation contact our offices for an absolutely free case evaluation.
- Lumbar or wood product manufacturing– employees in the lumbar or wood product manufacturing are at a high risk for harm. If you work in the lumbar or wood manufacturing industry and have suffered harm contact our offices for a free evaluation. Our wood manufacturing industry amputation attorneys can help you recover.
Accidents and Amputations: According to statistics there are 30,000 amputations resulting from trauma every year. Males make up the vast majority of amputees resulting from a traumatic injury. Nearly 70% of all amputations are to the upper limbs.
Damages Recoverable for Amputations
Medical Expenses: Medical expenses include all medical bills and costs,
Future Medical Expenses and Care: Unfortunately, the effects of an amputation will be felt often be felt for a lifetime. Our Legal team will work with doctors and other medical specialist to establish the full amount of any future medical expenses to make sure you are adequately compensated for these damages.
Lost Wages: After an accident, you are entitled to any income you lost as a result of the injury
Loss of Earning Capacity: In addition to current lost wages, victims of amputations are eligible to receive compensation for future lost wages.
Mental Pain and Suffering & Loss of Consortium: A victims spouse may recover for loss of consortium when that spouse loses the ability to have normal marital relations.
At the Downtown LA Law Firm our aggressive and tenacious Personal Injury Lawyers will keep on the offensive until they make sure you have been fully compensated for your amputated limbs and vindicated for your loss.
Should I Sue for an Amputated Limb?
If you’ve suffered amputation injuries resulting from a medical malpractice, car accidents, truck accidents or a pedestrian accident you must first tend to your wounds and heal your injuries. Seeking vindication of your rights is our job.
At Downtown LA Law Group our Litigators are skilled and knowledgeable in defending the rights of those who have suffered catastrophic injuries ranging from, amputations, to spinal cord injuries, neck/back injuries, and broken boned.
We will hold liable those who caused your accident including manufactures for defective products, medical doctors and nurses, car and truck drivers, and employers.
Amputation Injury Attorney
If you need a Los Angeles Amputation Attorney or an Orange County Accident Lawyer we can help. We will take care of every legal detail and make sure you achieve the highest compensation possible for your loss; in the meantime, concentrate on the most important part of this process – your recovery.
Remember that it is crucial to act quickly after you’ve been injured before any limitations can lower or extinguish your rightful claim. Call us for a free consultation with a Dismemberment Injury lawyer (855-DT-LA-LAW)
The Ultimate Guide to Amputation Injuries
– DOG BITE AMPUTATIONS
– WORKPLACE AMPUTATIONS
– CAR ACCIDENT AMPUTATIONS
– MACHINE AMPUTATION INJURY LAWSUIT
– PERFORMING THE WRONG SURGERY
– STREET SWEEPER ACCIDENTS
– BULLDOZER ACCIDENT LAWYER
– WRONGFUL AMPUTATION LAWYER
– HYDRAULIC LIFT ACCIDENT ATTORNEY
Amputation Lawsuits Settlements and Workplace Insurance
Amputation negotiations require consideration of a number of factors. Depending on whether the injury was caused due to trauma or disease it will impact the recovery. Generally a victims settlement should be decided after taking into consideration all factors. Important issues include:
- Vocational cost;
- Rehabilitation cost;
- Training and therapy cost;
- Lost wages both past and future;
- Cost of prosthetics and future replacement cost. While it is important to factor in the cost of prosthetics, many attorneys fail to consider the replacement cost as well. Prosthetics must be replaced or repaired from time to time and your settlement must account for such cost; and
- Most importantly the psychological impact, this is perhaps the most important factor to consider when deciding your settlement. Victims of sudden amputation are often forced to deal with an array of psychological issues including depression, anxiety and loss of self esteem. This requires intense therapy and treatment which must be accounted for in your settlement to ensure proper recovery. Don’t let another attorney settle without taking into consideration both past, present and future harm suffered.
Contact a Los Angeles Amputation Injury Attorney
Our amputation injury law firm in Los Angeles are here to help you recover for your loss. We are concerned first and foremost with your health, both physical and psychological. It is our primary objective to make sure you are taken care of and we will do all that we can to help you achieving recovery. Contact our offices today for a free case evaluation and let us show you how we can help. Your initial consultation is absolutely free, and we will visit you in your home, office or care facility. To contact an amputation injury lawyers from Los Angeles for a free case evaluation call (855) 385-2529