Cotton Gins are useful tools for cotton manufacturers. However in some instances industrial machinery including cotton gins can cause devastating and life threatening injuries to individuals who use them. Our law firm is proud to represent victims of workplace industrial accidents who have suffered severe injuries due to the negligent or wrongful acts of employers or defective manufacturing and processing equipment.
: Our workers compensation and employment injury law firm offers all injured victims with free no cost and confidential legal consultations regarding their case. To contact us call (888) 649-7166
Common Cotton Gin Accidents and Injuries
: Some of the most common injuries resulting from the use of a cotton gin are as follows.
Product Liability Cause of Action Against Manufacturers of Defective Cotton Gins
- Finger amputations are the most common injuries resulting from the use of a cotton gin.
- Crushed limbs including arms, hands, and feet.
- Traumatic brain injury.
- Hand and arm amputations.
- Lacerations of the face, fingers, arms and hand.
- Burn injuries from defective cotton gins catching fire.
: In many instance amputations injuries are due to defects present in the cotton gin itself. In those circumstances victims have the right to file product liability claims against the manufacturers of distributors of the industrial machine. Generally product liability lawsuits
can be achieved by showing one of the following.
Compensation Available for Victims of Cotton Gin Accidents
- Defect in the original design of the cotton gin: This can be shown when there is a similar but less dangerous design in existence at the time of production but the manufacturers decided to use the more dangerous one.
- Defective in the manufacturing process of the cotton gin: When the manufactured end product is markedly different and as a result substantially more dangerous than the original design.
- Labeling Defect: also referred to as the failure to properly warn of known and knowable dangers associated with the common use of the product.
: Victims of personal injury are entitled to full and just compensation for all hams suffered. The average amputation injury claim is dependent on several significant factors unique to every individual victim. Some of the most important factors in determining the average value of your case are as follows
In what circumstances are punitive damages awarded
- The severity of the injury suffered by the victim
- The need for future medical or rehabilitation expenses
- Need to disability care including nursing home care
- Pain and suffering including emotional anguish and distress from the injuries suffered
- Lost wages and loss of future income associated with the injuries suffered
- Availability for punitive damages
: Punitive damages can be awarded when the at fault party displayed either an intent to cause harm or a reckless disregard for the life and health of the injured victim.
: If you or a loved one have suffered an amputated finger or degloving injury due to the use of a defective cotton gin machine and have any further legal questions feel free to contact our law offices toll free (855)385-2529. All legal confidential consultations are provided by our attorneys free of charge.
Amputation at Work Lawsuit Information
OSHA Regulations for the Proper Use of Cotton Gins