Car Accidents are the most common cause of preventable serious injuries in the United States. According to statistics back injuries sustained in Traffic Collisions account for close to 10% off all injuries each year resulting in billions of dollars in medical care costs, lost wages and future loss of earnings and property damage. Common back injuries associated with vehicular collisions include, nerve damage in the lower back, spinal stenosis, lower back sprains and strains, herniated disc, disc fractures, spinal column injuries
, lower lumbar strain, and compression fractures.
Other serious injuries common place in Motor Vehicle Accidents
: In many instances the back pain experienced by victims of auto accidents may be an indication of more serious medical complications. Some of the other injuries common in auto accident are as follows:
- Whiplash and other serious neck injuries
- Facial Lacerations
- Trauma sustained to the head – resulting in mild to moderate Brain Injury
- Ruptured Discs and Disc fractures
- Spinal Cord Damage
- Broken bones and fractured ribs
Diagnosing internal injuries including back injuries can include the use of imaging systems such as X-rays, CT Scans, and MRI Scans. No matter how severe the impact auto accidents can result in serious and often permanent back injuries
Insurance Companies Routinely Deny Back Injury Claims:
Unfortunately the goal of insurance companies is to turn a profit. And if that means denying a rightful claim by a policy holder then so be it. But car accident victims enjoy legal rights that cannot be overtaken by insurance company misdeeds including the filing of an insurance bad faith claim for the wrongful denial of a policy. There are certain helpful guidelines you should be aware of when dealing with your insurance adjuster. Here are a few of them.
What is the value of a Back Injury Cases
- Always be careful who you speak to regarding your case. DO NOT speak to the insurance adjuster of the other party.
- Never Automatically accept a first offer by an insurance adjuster. Insurance companies will routinely snowball your damages in the hopes that you will not re negotiate the settlement amount.
- Seek legal representation. In the vast majority of cases individuals who are represented in personal injury matters receive higher settlements and verdicts.
: The value of personal injury cases can be difficult to determine without a thorough analysis of your case. Such an evaluation will be based upon several factors including (1) the extent of your injuries (2) Medical and hospitalization costs (3) future medical costs and rehabilitation costs (4) Lost wages and a loss of income resulting from the back injury you suffered (5) Pain and suffering including emotional distress and depression resulting from your injuries.
Contacting an Attorney to represent me
: Our team of personal injury attorneys may be able to help you receive the monetary compensation you are entitled too. To schedule a free no cost case evaluation call (888) 649-7166