Auto Accidents may result in many different types of injuries. One of the most common types of injuries is a whiplash neck injury. In fact according to the NHTSA there are nearly 100,000 Whiplash injuries caused by roadway accidents each year.
What is a Whiplash Injury
: A Whiplash, or a hyper extension of the neck, is a significant neck injury
. Many of these injuries heal within the first few months however others will have to endure great pain and suffering often referred to as a severe form of chronic neck pain. According to studies some 60% of those who suffer from a Whiplash injury develop persistent ans reoccurring symptoms including mild to severe pain and disability.
How Do Whiplash Injuries Take Place
: Whiplash often takes place as a result of a rear end collision with a car or a rear end collision with a truck or larger vehicle. In Severe whiplash cases damage to the spinal cord can take place leading to spinal cord injury
, chronic spinal cords pain, loss of sensation to different body parts, and a fracturing of the neck. Severe whiplash injury can damage the spine or spinal cord.
Car Accident Whiplash Signs and Symptoms:
Below is a list of some of the signs and symptoms of whiplash. If you experience any of these symptoms contact a medical professional immediately. Waiting can lead to greater harm to your body and a future compensation for your injuries.
- Stiffening of the neck muscles, and pain associated with muscular stiffness.
- Inability to eat properly, chew, drink, or swallow in a usual fashion
- Headaches, often leading to a blurring of vision
- Nausea and or Dizziness
- Neck and Back Pain
- Paresthesias or abnormal sensations such as burning or, numbness, resulting from nerve Damage
- Aching in the arms and shoulders
Symptoms of Whiplash after a collision may appear immediately or have a delayed onset. The degree and severity of a Whiplash may determine when the initial signs of pain and discomfort associated with the injury are felt by the victim. Visit here for further information on Whiplash recovery
What to do if you have sustained a whiplash injury in an auto accident:
Below are some steps to be taken if you have been involved in an auto accident. For more in depth information on what to do in an auto accident click here…..
- Make sure you and those around you are safe.
- If injured seek medical attention immediately.
- Do not attempt to talk with the other driver regarding fault or apologies.
- Contact the local police department and report the motor vehicle accident.
- Never argue with other drivers regarding fault.
- Don’t be shy: If possible take down the driver’s license number, license plate, registration and insurance information of the other party.
- Contact an Attorney before you speak to any insurance agents – A top California Whiplash Injury lawyer adept in fighting insurance companies and protecting your right to compensation will be able to substantially increase the amount of compensation you receive for your damages and injuries.
- Heal you wounds and get better; fighting insurance companies and defendants is OUR JOB. We will make you receive the maximum compensation for your loss.
Should I Sue for My Spine Injury, Neck Injury, as a Result of my Whiplash in A Traffic Accident?
If you’ve suffered any type of spine injury, or neck injury, such as a spinal cord injury or neck fractures, bulging discs, or ruptured discs in an auto accident, trucking accident or at your place of work, you must first tend to your wounds and heal your injuries. Seeking justice for your loss is our job
. At Downtown LA Law Group our Los Angeles Whiplash Injury Attorneys are skilled and knowledgeable in employment injury law, auto/pedestrian accidents and laws pertaining to spinal cord injuries and neck injuries.
Our aggressive and tenacious Neck Whiplash Injury Lawyers will keep on the offensive until they make sure you have been fully compensated for your neck and spine injuries and vindicated for your loss. We will never hesitate to go to trial and take on liable drivers, employers, and their insurance carriers’ so that your rights are protected.
Statute of Limitations for filing Your Injury Lawsuit
: A statute of limitations is the time period a injured individual has to file a personal injury claim against a liable party. Failure to file an injury claim in the court of law in a timely manner may eliminated a victims right to financial restitutions. In the state of California the statute of limitations for filing a personal injury lawsuit is two years from the date of the accident. Minors, individuals under the age of 18 have two years from the date of their 18th birthday to file a claim in the court of law.
Who do I contact if I have been injured in a Traffic Accident Whiplash Claim?
If you need a California spinal cord injury lawyer we can help. We will take care of every legal detail and make sure you achieve the highest compensation possible for your damages; in the meantime, concentrate on the most important part of this process – your recovery
Remember that it is crucial to act quickly after you’ve sustained a spine injury to report any car collision accident claim or on the job injury claim before any limitations can lower or extinguish your rightful claim
. Call us for a free consultation
with one of our spine and spinal cord injury lawyers regarding your accident: (888) 649-7166