Update: According to the latest information released by the California Highway patrol all lanes of the I-5 freeway have been opened up however major traffic jams are expected through rush hour traffic and into midday. Earlier in the morning a big rig truck crashed on the I-5 freeway after 4:00 AM Tuesday Morning. The magnitude of the accident and subsequent fire forces the shutdown of both directions of the freeway just south of the interchange with the 2 freeway. The cause of the accident has yet to be determined. Usual Causes of Truck Accidents: Even though the exact cause of the truck accident has yet to be determined there are some common causes which investigators assess before reaching their conclusion. Some of the most common are as follows
- Driver Error – Including Negligent driving, asleep at the wheel, drowsy driving, and distracted driving
- Driving while under the influence of a narcotic substance.
- Dangerous road conditions
- Defective Truck parts – malfunctioning tires or brake
- Faulty maintenance work on the truck